The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, back at home now. I'll try to make this as spoiler-free as possible.

Without a doubt, TWS is now my favorite of the solo movies. Marvel's weak final fight curse? Gone. Poorly characterized villain? Not even close. Fighting? INTENSE. I now see why Feige locked up the Russos so quickly for Cap 3, because they've absolutely nailed this movie.

As for the mid and after-credits scenes, both are excellent. The first one, especially, had the crowd cheering (first time I've heard that in a theater in a while).

It met my expectations and surpassed them. I normally don't like to throw this much praise at a movie right away, but it earned it. Top to bottom, it's the best of the solos by a mile.

(and maybe better than Avengers)

I HATE YOU!

(I also love the cut of your jib, lad!)

BUT I REALLY, REALLY SUPER HATE YOU!!

(But this all sounds amazing, so…)

I'm really, really scared my Marvel BFF may not survive the screening in San Diego. Every time there's a new interview or clip or something, especially featuring Sebastian Stan, she melts and dies a little bit. So, I'm kind of scared for her sanity… especially since we're Marvel twins. So basically if she loves the movie, I know I'll love it and want to have its little super soldier spy assassin babies.

Last edited:
Hey guys I know i am new but just came back from the screening in Philly. I would definitely give the movie a solid 9/10. Any questions I would be happy to answer, and I will try to keep it relatively spoiler free, this is one movie you want to experience for yourself.

Okay, back at home now. I'll try to make this as spoiler-free as possible.

Without a doubt, TWS is now my favorite of the solo movies. Marvel's weak final fight curse? Gone. Poorly characterized villain? Not even close. Fighting? INTENSE. I now see why Feige locked up the Russos so quickly for Cap 3, because they've absolutely nailed this movie.

As for the mid and after-credits scenes, both are excellent. The first one, especially, had the crowd cheering (first time I've heard that in a theater in a while).

It met my expectations and surpassed them. I normally don't like to throw this much praise at a movie right away, but it earned it. Top to bottom, it's the best of the solos by a mile.

(and maybe better than Avengers)
Thanks man, sounds great

There were multiple moments in the movie where people loudly said, "Holy ****" during the fights. They're brutal. I have two kids and this will likely be the first MCU movie I can't take them to, because damn... Cap does NOT play around.

I pretty much agree with everything Crimson said, I can not wait to see what the Russo's do next with Captain. This movie gave Phase 2 the spark it has been lacking.

I also have read the Winter Soldier comic, so I can compare it to that if need be as well.

Hey guys I know i am new but just came back from the screening in Philly. I would definitely give the movie a solid 9/10. Any questions I would be happy to answer, and I will try to keep it relatively spoiler free, this is one movie you want to experience for yourself.

Can you answer me these please:

1. How 'bout the fight between Cap and Batroc? Is it good? I'm a big martial art's fan so I really wanted to know, is it quick fight or enough timing :)

2. How 'bout the fight between Cap and Winter Soldier? Same as above :)

3. How 'bout all the fights in the film? Does Cap show any Drunken Fist move? or a 720 degree Taekwondo kick? I know Batman mastered all the MA in the world, but I hardly notice any Tai Chi or Capoeira from him, especialy Nolan's Trilogy, 127 MA he had known shown to be Brawler Style 1, Brawler Style 2... Brawler Style 127 :)

Thank you he he

CK or web head. Or anyone that's seen the film, do we get this moment or something similar to it.

jPAUf.jpg

1. How 'bout the fight between Cap and Batroc? Is it good? I'm a big martial art's fan so I really wanted to know, is it quick fight or enough timing :)

3. How 'bout all the fights in the film? Does Cap show any Drunken Fist move? or a 720 degree Taekwondo kick? I know Batman mastered all the MA in the world, but I hardly notice any Tai Chi or Capoeira from him, especialy Nolan's Trilogy, 127 MA he had known shown to be Brawler Style 1, Brawler Style 2... Brawler Style 127 :)

Thank you he he

1. The fight with Batroc was better than I was expecting. The way the fight ended got a lot of cheers in my theater as well. I would say its a mixture of quick fighting and enough timing.

2. There were two fight scenes between Cap and the Winter Soldier, and the first one was brutal but awesome. The second one was much more emotional and handled VERY well.

3. Sorry I am not completely familiar with all of those fighting terms, but Cap fighting style is by far his best shown on screen. Very agile, quick, and a lot of good uses with his shield.

There were multiple moments in the movie where people loudly said, "Holy ****" during the fights. They're brutal. I have two kids and this will likely be the first MCU movie I can't take them to, because damn... Cap does NOT play around.

That's not that bad. I had to tell my kids they couldn't see a SUPERMAN movie. I let them watch some scenes on BluRay but they got bored and went back to Disney Channel. It's a pet peeve of mine, but it bothers me when Superhero films with characters created for kids aren't kid friendly

Thank you he he

I can answer some of those is WH is busy getting home.

1. Yes, their fight is fantastic. Mean and painful.
2. Best fights of the movie, which is saying a lot.
3. I don't want to ruin the experience, so I'll just say that I think you'll be pleased. :)

CK or web head. Or anyone that's seen the film, do we get this moment or something similar to it.

jPAUf.jpg

Yes there is a scene very similar to those one. Not identical, but you will be happy with it.

Thank you he he

1. It's awesome. The fight choreography was shot really well, and you can see a very distinct and different fighting style than we've seen in mainstream action movies to date.

2. Not sure if what they do in this film is Drunken Fist, but a LOT of momentum-based kicking and spin kicks that actually FEEL like they have weight behind them. Great sound editing, too, for extra "HUMPH!!!" on impact.

You won't be disappointed.

The one thing I do like is that, at least the first hour or so of Captain America, I can put it on and my two-year-old runs around, kind of watching it, kind of not, but I don't really worry so much about that movie.

This one, TWS, does not sound like I can do that, LOL! Not that I mind. I think my husband's also getting a little bored with Marvel's Phase II. Sounds like he could use the shakeup as well.

Good to hear the positive things about this. Cap has probably always been my favourite out of the Avengers. :up:

Oh boy, the feels are coming :csad: haha

It's a really emotional scene and is very, very well done.

The one thing I do like is that, at least the first hour or so of Captain America, I can put it on and my two-year-old runs around, kind of watching it, kind of not, but I don't really worry so much about that movie.

This one, TWS, does not sound like I can do that, LOL! Not that I mind. I think my husband's also getting a little bored with Marvel's Phase II. Sounds like he could use the shakeup as well.

Everyone has their own limits, but this goes a bit beyond mine. I'm telling you, the fighting is incredibly brutal and they don't hold back. I love it, but it's nothing like we've seen in the MCU so far.

Just to show how much I enjoyed it, these are my ratings for all of the Phase II movies:

Iron Man 3- 7.5/10 (Gets better on repeat viewings)
Thor: The Dark World 6.5/10
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9/10

There is one character in the movie who had more screen time than I thought, which made me happy. And one character who had a lot less than I was expecting.

I've got one question, and I'd like you to spoiler tag the hell out of it for everyone else's sake. You can even PM me with it if you want. But I don't care about getting spoiled --- I'm still going to watch the hell out of this movie again and again and again:

But straight up now, tell me:

Is Alexander Pierce Arnim Zola?

I've got one question, and I'd like you to spoiler tag the hell out of it for everyone else's sake. You can even PM me with it if you want. But I don't care about getting spoiled --- I'm still going to watch the hell out of this movie again and again and again:

But straight up now, tell me:

Is Alexander Pierce Arnim Zola?

He is not. I think you will like Zola, though, even if he doesn't turn out to be what you think he will for AoU. He IS involved, however. Kind of.

ETA:
He's far creepier than I thought he'd be.

It's a really emotional scene and is very, very well done.

Everyone has their own limits, but this goes a bit beyond mine. I'm telling you, the fighting is incredibly brutal and they don't hold back. I love it, but it's nothing like we've seen in the MCU so far.

This kind of intensity is what I wish IM3 and TDW would have as well. Looks like TWS really delivers on this front.

Anthony Mackie was fantastic as Sam Wilson/The Falcon. I am really looking forward to what else he does in future Captain America movies/ the MCU.

If anybody has any questions regarding the movie, I will be up for about another half hour to answer any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"