First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That poster is great. It looks like he just got done kicking some ass and the dust is still settling.

Keep up the good work Marvel!!!!

Love the poster. Love the grittiness and grime it gives off. Hell, I even like the Avenge thing. Reminds me of the Spider-Man 2 posters they pumped out, wit the words destiny and stuff on them.

color me unimpressed. why is he looking all gloomy? this is the first official poster....he should be looking unyielding proud!

4d4c24bfdac9c.jpg

I like it. :awesome:

"Avenge" what? Lol.

it's freaking WWII, there's tons of things to be avenged...he's avenging the fallen, he's avenging the oppressed, he's avenging America. They're plenty of avenging going on. It makes perfect sense.

I would say it works well for a number of reasons. First the connection to the comic book cover, second to reflect a sombre tone, regarding the WWII context and thirdly I think it's good because it is different from the typical heroic pose. They're selling Cap as more than just another hung ho super hero, which I think is good for international audiences. Makes him seem more interesting than 'Captain Johnny America, looking super after beating up some Nazi's and saving the world!"
Agreed. This poster delivers exactly the tone I hoped for & I think it could be a great intro to non fans who see it. Also having "Avenge" rather than "Captain America" on his chest could arouse curiosity more than simply the hero's name/the name of the film would do.

Also, I'm pretty sure that chest strap is not for his gun, its too tight and close to his upper chest.

Avenge Abraham Erskine! Got killed by a friggin' Nazi agent!

Looks like Marvel Studios finally made a great poster, about time.

Avenge the costume designer who got attacked by fanboys over grey straps!

:awesome:

It's funny I have a wallpaper of the comic cover that inspired the poster as my background the moment I first saw the poster.

I like the poster. His outfit looks better when it's not front lit.

color me unimpressed. why is he looking all gloomy? this is the first official poster....he should be looking unyielding proud!

then someone would complain "hey, he's fighting in a war, why does he look happy?!"

Exactly...technically it's a beuatiful image, but it does not translate well.

Also the tag "Avenge" screams for some horrible WWII imagery in the background, i.e. Auswitch, Warsaw Ghetto, etc., but as we know this film is not touching those issues.

Something to consider when critiquing....This film is being compared in tone to Indiana Jones films..a rousing adventure..if that is so, does this poster enforce or contradict that comparison/expectation?

Last edited:
Now we need someone to photoshop the AVENGER off to see what it looks like with that gone. Maybe put Captain America over it.....

Here you go (don't think it needs the Captain America really):

MKCAPPOSTER1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95