The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
Captain America Sequel to Hit Theaters on April 4, 2014!
Source: The Walt Disney Studios April 5, 2012

The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios' sequel to the blockbuster Captain America: The First Avenger on April 4, 2014.

The second installment will pick-up where the highly anticipated Marvel's The Avengers (May 4, 2012) leaves off, as Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88933

Old news but I just wanted to post it again

Where do you see the sequel going, who do you wanna see cast, what do you think will happen etc.

All I know is I want allusions to the winter soldier shadowing captain america, watching almost scouting him and everything that goes on throughout the film leading into CA3.

I'd like to see Sharon Carter in this film, and it makes sense that SLJ and either/or BW or Hawkeye being in this film since Cap will presumably be working with shield. I've always thought modok would be a good enemy and if not, definitely Zemo or Hydra with baron von strucker/madame hydra.

I want them to get the director situation figured out soon tho

I would like to see Sharon Carter as Captain America's love interest. I'm not yet sure if Winter Soldier should be in this one because I don't know how they are gonna bring him back. And I hope the villain is Baron Zemo.

I think a fun scene will be Clint and Steve hanging out at a bar. Like start the movie with a mission montage. I want the three of them to be a well oiled machine. Then we see Steve go home to his apartment. Big pile of junk mail, no pictures hanging up.very bleak. And all he does is sit by the phone waiting for the next mission.

Then pan out to Clint and Natasha spying on him from the building opposite. So Clint takes Steve out on hopes of cheering him up, getting him laid wherever.

So obviously Clint ends up having more fun since cap can't get drunk. Cap well mention how being out reminds him of Bucky. They leave, cap is helping Clint get in the car....then the camera changes so we see that they are being viewed through a sniper rifle and the shadowy figure touches his ear piece and asks "now" but the voice replies with "no, he must pay first"

I think it was Fiege who mentioned that Steve would have his past revisiting him, might as throw that comment in here. Could be Red Skull, Winter Soldier, Peggy as the Titanic granny, etc.

Easy way to explain Bucky:

-Before Cap rescued Bucky, he was experimented on by Zola. We have no idea what Zola did to him and might've put in Bucky's body. Maybe Bucky got a formula similar to the serums given to Red Skull and Cap.

-We never saw Bucky's body, so maybe whatever he got experimented on with helped save his life and maybe his body was recovered by HYDRA or unsavory enemies and he was transformed into the Winter Soldier.

Do you guys think Amanda Righetti will have a bigger role after her, basically, cameo at the end of Cap 1

I was hoping to get a glimpse of her at the very least during TA, but I'm not surprised she wasn't in it in the long run.

I hope she is in CA2 and has more than 3 lines.

Bucky is easy to explain.
Bad guys find body. Using super science they revive him
A few cybernetic enhancements.
Keep him in a stasis chamber next to black widow, only let them out during missions.

I was hoping to get a glimpse of her at the very least during TA, but I'm not surprised she wasn't in it in the long run.

I hope she is in CA2 and has more than 3 lines.

Yeah I thought she'd be in TA for a little.

Idk she seems like it's weird to have an actress like her and only use her for a throw away role

Here is an excerp from a Feige interview:

http://www.chud.com/92209/interview-kevin-feige-the-avengers/

Feige: If we do an Avengers 2 it will be after [Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2]. They have to grow, they have to change. What they’ve gone through in this movie will impact their state of mind and where they stand in their next movies. Then whatever they go through in those movies is going to affect where we meet them in the next Avengers film. But I think people will be surprised to see, as we go forward – particularly in Iron Man 3 – the notion of how singular the stories can become. Iron Man 3 is a very singular Tony Stark story. As is Thor 2. Cap, who is stuck in the modern day with no friends or family, there will be some revelations of who is still alive from his days in WWII, but SHIELD and Nick Fury are kind of his confidants right now. So of all these movies, Captain America 2 will be most closely associated with Avengers.

Add this to the list of what we know!

I wonder if it will be contentious at all considering Captain America blames Fury and SHIELD for what took place in Avengers.

Not necessarily TacomaTruck90, she had that small role at the end of The First Avenger when Cap wakes up in the present day. The red head that comes into his room is Amanda Righetti. We speculated she might be Sharon Carter, and then there was a rumor reporting she was cast in Avengers so as a result people speculated maybe she was Sharon Carter. There is nothing to suggest she's also working on the Cap sequel. I believe the rumor of her casting in Avengers might've been false. Or I dunno maybe she had some small scenes or bits like Sitwell that ended up being cut.

Easy way to explain Bucky:

-Before Cap rescued Bucky, he was experimented on by Zola. We have no idea what Zola did to him and might've put in Bucky's body. Maybe Bucky got a formula similar to the serums given to Red Skull and Cap.

-We never saw Bucky's body, so maybe whatever he got experimented on with helped save his life and maybe his body was recovered by HYDRA or unsavory enemies and he was transformed into the Winter Soldier.
that was my speculation as well. i still think its too bad they cant keep completely true to the comics and use the Soviets for the Winter Soldier. :doh: oh well. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

that was my speculation as well. i still think its too bad they cant keep completely true to the comics and use the Soviets for the Winter Soldier. :doh: oh well. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Why can't they? I expect Bucky's story will play out almost exactly as it did in the comics. He'll be found and revived by the Soviets in 1945, and whatever experiments Zola performed on him will enable the Soviets to use Bucky as the Winter Soldier for the next fifty years. After the Cold War ends, he becomes Aleksander Lukin's personal assassin and remains in that same role at the time of CA2/CA3 (whichever movie he reappears in).

I don't think it is necessary for Sharon to be an immediate love interest either. Love interest's are slightly overrated, imho, and since 70 years probably still seems like yesterday for Cap. I don't think he should even know Sharon Carter is related to Peggy for a while either. A smart little quip like 'you remind me of someone I used to know' would suffice if they interact, but yeah, no need to go into a full-tilt romance right out of the gate.

Why can't they? I expect Bucky's story will play out almost exactly as it did in the comics. He'll be found and revived by the Soviets in 1945, and whatever experiments Zola performed on him will enable the Soviets to use Bucky as the Winter Soldier for the next fifty years. After the Cold War ends, he becomes Aleksander Lukin's personal assassin and remains in that same role at the time of CA2/CA3 (whichever movie he reappears in).
That's how I think it should play out with Bucky/Winter Soldier. Considering that Feige has said CA2 will be a political thriller-type movie, that easily fits WS's expertise as he's a well-known assassin that could be up to stealing something or assassinating someone for a much larger entity. Maybe only show glimpses or hints towards who is doing the crimes would make it a true political thriller that would set up future Cap movies.

Yeah, sounds good to me.

So...when are we getting an actual CA2 forum? :funny:

I think it would be a great idea to throw Black Widow and Hawkeye in the Captain America sequel. It's real cool that BW and HE could travel through-out the movie universe.

yeah having BW and Hawkeye showing up in Cap, or at least just Hawkeye in the next Cap movie is the way to go.

I dont think a SHIELD movie or a solo Black Widow movie would do that well, the best option is to have Fury, Hill, BW, and Hawkeye be Cap's new supporting cast would be the best option for those characters. Don't shortchange them tho

Agreed. Plus, it gives Cap a team to command, which can only boost his BO.

Really excited to see where they go for Cap 2!!!

Cap's a 90 year old virgin now, the guy needs to get laid.

I don't know about Widow and Hawkeye having major roles in this sequel. I don't want this to be West Coast Avengers the movie. I think if you bring in a new hero it can be someone like Falcon or Winter Soldier.

I am looking forward to them exploring the man out of time aspect, it wasnt explorered enough in TA for me so I hope they really delve into it and show how it effects Cap.

Scary how we all want the same things for captain America 2.
Zemo
Winter soldier (even if just hinted)
Widow and hawk eye
Sharon Carter

Sooooo....the movie should write itself ...so how are they going to screw it up? Who is the director?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"