First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
4d4c24bfdac9c.jpg

Very nice indeed :yay::up:

Better than the Thor poster, pretty good for a teaser.

i'm just saying, as much as everyone was ragging on static image over basic background posters yesterday...and then we get one today and everyone does a 180

I myself would have prefered someting else or more than just the hero posing in front of us but I agree it's got much more flesh than the Thor one (which used almost the same idea we're ok on that) !

i'm sure we'll get others !

Last edited:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

dear sweet holy baby jesus this is probably the coolest Comic book poster Ive seen to date.

......it took me about 5 minutes to realize the awesomeness of this poster......I really cant say enough about how epic this is.

:cap:

This one sheet is up there, no joking, with the Dark Knight theatrical poster with the burning Bat logo in the building.

Yeah, it's up there with that one!

If I were Marvel, I wouldn't do another one because another poster is not going to be as clean, evoking, or compelling as this one sheet.

It's perfect. This is the announcement, teaser, international, and theatrical poster...if I'm running Marvel.

Job done!

Now we need someone to photoshop the AVENGER off to see what it looks like with that gone. Maybe put Captain America over it.....

Now we need someone to photoshop the AVENGER off to see what it looks like with that gone. Maybe put Captain America over it.....

I'll have a go at it :yay:

It uses those derned clouds again, but it's gray and dark with dirt flying in the air that rings bells of WWII news footage and Saving Private Ryan. The grimier look of the suit shows people that this won't be some children's Saturday Morning cartoony cheesefest that some would quickly associate the character with. Ah like it.

Nice poster, it's simple which is enough. Recognize also that's similar to the cover RealIrOnMaN posted. :up:

Now that's a good poster!

Nice poster, it's simple which is enough. Recognize also that's similar to the cover RealIrOnMaN posted. :up:

Yep, and that's what makes it even more awesome, IMO. The fact that they have based it on an iconic image from the comics. :up:

Probably the best one sheet Paramount/Marvel has done since Iron Man 1. And yes it totally s**** on the one for Thor.

I wasn't joking before... Someone needs to make a wallpaper with the IM, Thor and Cap one sheets. IMMEDIATELY!

Not feeling it......Cropping the top of his head bothers me. Why isn't he looking forward and determined. A downward look is a defeated look.

The star on his chest is perfect, just how I imagined it in my head, now if only they'd stop covering it with that strap...

Not feeling it......Cropping the top of his head bothers me. Why isn't he looking forward and determined. A downward look is a defeated look.

that's concentration "I'm gonna beat the sh** out of 'em !!!!":woot::woot:

Now we need someone to photoshop the AVENGER off to see what it looks like with that gone.
But there's only "Avenge". :)
At first, I didn't notice that too, but when I took a close look...

Afan said:

I would say it works well for a number of reasons. First the connection to the comic book cover, second to reflect a sombre tone, regarding the WWII context and thirdly I think it's good because it is different from the typical heroic pose. They're selling Cap as more than just another hung ho super hero, which I think is good for international audiences. Makes him seem more interesting than 'Captain Johnny America, looking super after beating up some Nazi's and saving the world!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"