The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fancasted Brie ages ago... SO NOW MUST HAVE HER!!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=23459919&postcount=68

Suzanne78 06-06-2012:

Sharon really is my only choice here. Simply because of her connection to Steve's past. If played right, their relationship could be really poignant.

Ever since the Russo bros. were announced to direct CA 2, I've been desperate to see Alison Brie as Sharon. She can definitely play steely and tough too. Also, she. Is. Gorgeous. And I can sort of see a resemblance to Haley...

Sooooo, no Anna Kendrick???? Damn!

ETA: and yes, I do want a cookie. I love how Captain America 2 is basically a big Community commercial.

Last edited:
I fancasted Brie ages ago... SO NOW MUST HAVE HER!!

Sooooo, no Anna Kendrick???? Damn!
It's probably due to her dropping out, Marvel dropping her, or maybe she's up for another role in CATWS. I can see Brie being added due to her past work with the Russo Bros. With me not being overly familiar with any of these actresses, I don't have a real preference at the moment.

I'd be fine with Clarke or Brie. In fact, someone should go ahead and get the picture thread started!:woot:

I like Clarke and Poots. Palmer is eh. I haven't been sucked into the vortex of crazy that is Downton Abbey so I don't know anything about Brown.

But give it to Brie, please :argh:

I demand Glover and Pudi in SHIELD suits in the background of a shot.

Not a huge fan of Alison Brie, but I would be fine with them casting her, I am sure she would do well. I hope they stay away from Emilia Clarke though. Granted I have only seen her in GoT, but I think she is easily the weakest actor on the show. Constantly overacting, both the first and second seasons. She might surprise me though.

ckdVI.gif

Clarke, Poots or Brie for the win.

And getting ScarJo back is a definite plus. Although if you're bringing back Natasha, you need Jeremy Renner back as Clint back in some capacity. Especially if the movie follows the comic arc like I think it will...

Brie or Clarke, preferably Brie because she is incredibly sexy but she has this way of carrying herself that is just...amazing.

I always thought that Emilia Clarke could pull off Jessica Drew!!

Imogen Poots was also one of my fan cast, albeit in a different role http://filmraps.blogspot.com/2012/09/future-marvel-character-and-cast-picks.html

Just glad to see my picks being in the mix!

And here's to hoping that Black Widow has a bigger role in the story then she had in Iron Man 2!! I think the story should b split between Widow, Cap & Bucky! With everyone else being supporting cast

And here's to hoping that Black Widow has a bigger role in the story then she had in Iron Man 2!! I think the story should b split between Widow, Cap & Bucky! With everyone else being supporting cast
Nope.

Cap should be the lead, and everyone else should be a supporting character.

At the very least, Black Widow should have less prominence than Bucky, Sam and Sharon.

Order of prominence:
1. Cap
2. Bucky/Winter Soldier and Sharon
3. Falcon, Black Widow and the other villain
4. Nick Fury and Hawkeye (if he's in it)

Brie is the only American in the mix; I think Marvel is leaning (4/5 of the way, so to speak) towards having Peggy's niece/grandniece/whatever still be a Brit. But if she's a Yank, so be it....I'm good either way. I just want to see production start. :)

Brie is the only American in the mix; I think Marvel is leaning (4/5 of the way, so to speak) towards having Peggy's niece/grandniece/whatever still be a Brit. But if she's a Yank, so be it....I'm good either way. I just want to see production start. :)

Brie pulled off a British accent in The Five-Year Engagement.

[YT]Axgme15mAEo[/YT]

Seems that their following Ed Brubaker (Winter Solider) in which Natasha knew and had a relationship with Bucky during her time as a Soviet agent. I'm excited
Although she seems a bit young to have been alive during the Cold War. If BW is being somewhat close to SJ's real age, then she would have only been maybe 5-7 when the Cold War ended and the USSR collapsed. I don't think that's much of a chance for her to have a relationship with Bucky/WS unless he was maybe a trainer of her's as a kid (BW did say she was trained young.)

Order of prominence:
1. Cap
2. Bucky/Winter Soldier and Sharon
3. Falcon, Black Widow and the other villain
4. Nick Fury and Hawkeye (if he's in it)
I don't find Hawkeye necessary since I don't remember him having much impact in the WS comic arc.

I don't find Hawkeye necessary since I don't remember him having much impact in the WS comic arc.

It's not going to be an exact adaption of that story, so he doesn't have to have had an impact in the comics.

There's no reason Hawkeye can't be in it as a supporting character. I'd hate to have to wait until Avengers 2 to see him again. He'd have a great dynamic with every character in the movie. He can develop a relationship with Cap, continue his relationship with Black Widow, and even act as a foil to Winter Soldier.

Although she seems a bit young to have been alive during the Cold War. If BW is being somewhat close to SJ's real age, then she would have only been maybe 5-7 when the Cold War ended and the USSR collapsed. I don't think that's much of a chance for her to have a relationship with Bucky/WS unless he was maybe a trainer of her's as a kid (BW did say she was trained young.)
Or Winter Soldier trained her after the cold war ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"