First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how someone goes out of retirement for that sort of thing. I mean, you draw and paint a movie poster. Not saying its easy, because its not, but it seems like something you would do till the day you die because you get enjoyment out of it.

I dont see how someone goes out of retirement for that sort of thing. I mean, you draw and paint a movie poster. Not saying its easy, because its not, but it seems like something you would do till the day you die because you get enjoyment out of it.

Drew will always draw and paint, he's said as much. He's retired from
doing it for a living. He'll still do pieces here and there for buddies of his but for the most part he's done. If you read his new book you'll understand the immense amounts of BS he puts up with from studios who don't value his contributions like they should. Suits in general think that photographed posters are more appealing to movie goers than painted ones. I dont know what they're smoking. Even though I don't blame him for packing it in, still would be cool to see.

Less than 100 posts until thread closes. :/

Anyway, only three days until the teaser! Let's hope it has a scene matching the awesomeness of the Thor slam at the end of his trailer.

In the words of one immortal, Billy Walsh, suits suck.

As long as the poster looks good, ill be alright. It makes sense as to why he wouldnt do it to get paid anymore though.

Less than 100 posts until thread closes. :/

Anyway, only three days until the teaser! Let's hope it has a scene matching the awesomeness of the Thor slam at the end of his trailer.

I do too, but remember Cap is a "non powered" superhero so it's only so much he can do (no disrespect).

Last edited:
Kind of does yea. I thought it was one of those bad*** toys at first. Something is "off" about the pic. Not sure what though.

Yep. :woot:
i think its the lighting the makes it look a bit odd. but it definately looks a bit off. not photoshopped or anything, just a bit off.

i think its the lighting the makes it look a bit odd. but it definately looks a bit off. not photoshopped or anything, just a bit off.

Yea, it almost triggers my uncanny valley response. Looks kind of like one of those super real looking wax figures.

Almost does look more like Stan than Evans too.

I do too, but remember Cap is a "non powered" superhero so it's only so much he can do (no disrespect).

I don't mean in terms of power, I just mean that I want a scene that's equally as :wow: as Thor's.

sooooooooo about that poster.....*crickets*....... I know its 9 in the am EST but im anxious!

I feel like I'm bout to burst cant wait on the trailer Sunday feels like a week away

captain_america_poster.jpg

Straight from Paolo Rivera's blog!

Cool. Thats from the comic, right?

Damn that suit looks cool there. I'd love to see an appropriated version for Avengers. They could more or less keep that design but with different materials, altered torso and some cooler headwear.

Cool. Thats from the comic, right?

Damn that suit looks cool there. I'd love to see an appropriated version for Avengers. They could more or less keep that design but with different materials, altered torso and some cooler headwear.
Yep. Captain America: First Vengeance (8 iss. mini-series).

Beautiful image........

Not a big deal, but I wish they did not include that chin strap. Evans jaw is classically hero squared and IMO the chin cup detracts from that feature. A strap under the jaw would be just as functional in purpose.

Last edited:
Afan, I assume you mean 'DIDN'T' use the chin strap. Yeah, I kinda agree, although I would expect them to change that for the Avengers. The chin strap to me is one of the more WWII looking elements, like a pilots helmet or something.

Hmm, Very interesting tweet by Marvel:

Marvel Marvel Entertainment
Good morning, Marvelites! We've got a busy few days ahead, with lots of cool movie stuff hitting Marvel.com. Stick with us for updates!

Marvel Tweet

Afan, I assume you mean 'DIDN'T' use the chin strap. Yeah, I kinda agree, although I would expect them to change that for the Avengers. The chin strap to me is one of the more WWII looking elements, like a pilots helmet or something.

Ooops, thanks for the heads up.

No worries. I'm sure someone would have been pedantic about it. "Afan, you're clearly contradicting yourself here. I mean, I don't think you even know what you MEAN!"

pedantic...nice word...well done..Comic art looks awesome. will divert my eyes from the horrid avengers comic art that came out recently.

I WANT THE TRAILER.....NOWWWWWWWWWW! (stomps on ground and flails arms in the air)

nothing? alright i guess ill wait like everyone else.......:awesome:

@Agent_M: "Waiting patiently to release something VERRRRRY cool to the world via Marvel.com. tick. tock. tick. tock."

Me (replying to him on Twitter:) @Agent_M This had better be Marvel Cinematic Universe related or I'm banning tacos from the universe!! Or... something.

Agent_M: @suzannembest #MCU related, yes. :)

Agent M is Ryan Penagos, Editorial Director of Marvel.com... and taco lover. And he's awesome.

I want floating heads with blue or orange tint. Anything else would fail in my eyes.

If they could somehow concoct a poster that utilized both those colors, it would be incredible.
Orange AND blue in a poster? Why hasn't anybody thought of it before! That's so crazy it just might work!

NickNitro said:
pedantic...nice word...well done..Comic art looks awesome. will divert my eyes from the horrid avengers comic art that came out recently.

I WANT THE TRAILER.....NOWWWWWWWWWW! (stomps on ground and flails arms in the air)

nothing? alright i guess ill wait like everyone else.......

I can't tell if you're being a smart arse or not. If so, then you're a jerk. If not, then... weird compliment but thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"