The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - - - - Part 19

Another foreshadow-y line is "I'm invisible. I'm turning into you. It's like a horrible dream." Helpfully demonstrated with gifs :(
Not to mention all of the inverted parallels this movie did comparing to scenes in TFA. Bucky and Steve standing across from each other in the helicarrier like they did in the Hydra factory, Steve falling from the helicarrier as Bucky watches vs Bucky falling from the train as Steve watches... Steve volunteering and being assisted out of that super-soldier-making machine vs Bucky being forced and strapped down. These movies really care a lot about symmetry and symbolism and it's perfect to me. We're going to have an amazingly cohesive trilogy once we've gotten around to Ca3.

Also, I noticed there was a scene with Cap checking the field after a battle and there was a Hydra soldier lurking, Bucky shots the guy from afar, that was very much one of TWS specialties.
The writers said, they did a lot of foreshadow for Cap2, in hope that they could write that storyline for the next film.
The other great aspect of Cap2 is that in a non obvious way, they addressed several things from all the other movies in the MCU and did a good wrap up of those things too.

Good stuff, guys

Good stuff

Yup, I noticed the Bucky sniper thing

Also:

Colonel Philips to Steve : " you don't get to give me orders"

Nick Fury to Steve : " looks like you're giving me orders now, Cap"

Video of Mackie's and Sebastian's Q&A at Wizard World Philly Con is available thanks to "The Nerd Element"

(still can't believe someone asked them about fanfiction :doh:)

Also, I don't know if this ever got posted (apologies if it has) Nice short little article mostly about the visual effects of Bucky's arm:

Luma Pictures Delivers VFX for ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’

One of the more challenging sequences involving the CG Arm was in the Lab, when after his first battle with Steve Rogers, The Winter Soldier retires for a series of painful repairs. During the scene, the actor sits in an operating chair, shirtless while his battle damage is repaired. To fully integrate the CG into the live performance, part of the upper torso had to be re-constructed to make the relationship between the metal arm and the live flesh realistic.

tumblr_n4obz152A21rxf8gjo2_1280.jpg

"It was interesting crafting a seamless coupling between the CG and the practical elements of the Winter Soldier plate. We had to create a scarred portion of Winter Soldier's chest that not only had to be perfectly photo-real, but also needed to remain interesting and not overly gruesome while making sense mechanically," said Pavel Pranevsky, Luma's Santa Monica based CG Supervisor on the project. "The CG extension then had to have a smooth connection to the actor's body as his chest heaved and shook during the performance. It was a challenging piece of development to ensure the look and movement felt as natural as possible while preserving the dynamics of the actors’ movements."

The close-up nature of many of these shots exposed much of the inner workings of The Winter Soldier's bionics. The inspiration for the interior mechanics of the arm ranged from aircraft engines to surgical equipment, with Luma referring to clean and elegant mechanical designs, to ground the look the arm and make it believable. "It's always a lot of fun to collaborate with the team at Marvel on these projects. The design we landed on had to work within the Marvel Universe, the story timeline, be visually striking and be intricate enough to work with the initial concept designs," said Founder and Executive Supervisor Payam Shohadai. "We pride ourselves in giving our clients the latitude to make adjustments throughout the show, as our pipeline is very modular, all things move in parallel."

tumblr_n4obz152A21rxf8gjo1_1280.jpg

The wait for this home release is agonising. I've never liked cap but the first half of TFA, then Avengers, now this has completely changed my mind. I want a bluray, all shiny box and special featured super edition. And I want it soon. When's it dropping?

Hell, I'm likely to get the early digital release on Amazon in August AND then the blu-ray in Sebtember.

(I kept the "Seb" in there, because appropriate Freudian slip is appropriate…)

Thanks for reposting the amazing Stan/Mackie PhillyCon presentation. That was epic. I'm hoping for more Sam and Bucky scenes together in TWS; the actors have some great chemistry between them.

Thanks for posting the Philly Con video. Mackie seems like the most laid back dude ever. Stan is dorky, very sweet, and has very expressive face. They are hilarious together.

I can't wait for the blu-ray for all the bts goodies.

This was discussed earlier but confirmation from the audio commentary

From Total Film's Blu-Ray review

The writers also reveal the true significance of the Winter Soldier name, derived from the 18th century rhetoric of Thomas Paine; they argue the name doesn’t just refer to the Cap’s adversary, but also to the hero himself.

Honest Trailers does CA:The Winter Soldier:

Total Film @totalfilm · Aug 18
Kickstarted our week by watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier DVD/Blu extras. The bloopers are predictably brilliant. #WintersHere

Also got a sneak peek at the @MarvelUK's Comic-Con footage of #Avengers: Age of Ultron & Ant-Man. Very, very exciting stuff.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 30 times30 FavouriteFavourited 38 times38
More

I like it when they acknowledge the movie is good. There's only so much bad stuff you can say when you enjoy a film this much.

There's not a whole lot on the blu-ray but just seeing the film again is so awesome. Really have to have a think where this ranks against the original Iron Man.

Anthony Mackie & Sebastian Stan panel at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con (I'm still in the process of watching it so I don't know yet if there's anything groan worthy that's asked). It's a fan video (she notes in the description there's about a 15 sec. gap in the middle of the vid, I'm assuming it's where she had to switch cameras)...I'll try and keep an eye out if a higher quality/more professional vid. pops up

One unexpected thing, I was showing my family Cap 1 (they'd never seen it before) and I hadn't seen Cap 1 since before the Winter Soldier came out. Cap 2 actually makes Cap 1 better. Further fleshes out the friendship between Cap and Bucky, Cap and Agent Carter, just wonderful stuff. I implore everyone to go back and watch Cap 1 again, you'll probably enjoy more now!

These movies fit together amazingly well, especially for taking place in different time periods. So pumped to start hearing what they have in store for us '16

Anthony Mackie & Sebastian Stan panel at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con (I'm still in the process of watching it so I don't know yet if there's anything groan worthy that's asked). It's a fan video (she notes in the description there's about a 15 sec. gap in the middle of the vid, I'm assuming it's where she had to switch cameras)...I'll try and keep an eye out if a higher quality/more professional vid. pops up
UGH I wish I could afford to visit the kids!!! lol

One unexpected thing, I was showing my family Cap 1 (they'd never seen it before) and I hadn't seen Cap 1 since before the Winter Soldier came out. Cap 2 actually makes Cap 1 better. Further fleshes out the friendship between Cap and Bucky, Cap and Agent Carter, just wonderful stuff. I implore everyone to go back and watch Cap 1 again, you'll probably enjoy more now!

These movies fit together amazingly well, especially for taking place in different time periods. So pumped to start hearing what they have in store for us '16

I always loved TFA but I agree.

Exactly, I love how The First Avenger & The Winter Soldier fit so well together and gives Cap an even better look at the character morality that he does exactly as Dr. Erskine said

"Whatever happens tomorrow you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man."

Roger's is a soldier, but he's also a good upstanding man who has a moral structure.

I don't think this ever got posted:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Composer Henry Jackman Talks Designing Themes, and Cap's Moral Super Power

I like the bits where he talks about Winter Soldier's individual theme(s):
I did something really, really radical for the Winter Soldier because when I first looked at the footage, I was like, he's a kind of mechanized, crazy, violent, unstoppable, rampant kind of half-being. I remember thinking to myself I don't want it to be just an orchestral piece of music. I said, "I should make a record of the Winter Soldier's theme -- just a six-minute record. I should do something radical and just see what they say." It may not stay like that, but at least if I do that I'll come up with a musical identity for the Winter Soldier that's a long way from the expected and the orchestrally sort of generic.
...there's a human element to the Winter Soldier that gets revealed toward the end of the film, the Winter Soldier starts off unrelenting and brutal and mechanized and almost Terminator like but the difference between The Winter Soldier and Terminator is that somewhere behind the wires and all the mechanization is a character that we know and we care about and that more importantly, Cap knows about and it's very painful to him.

So one of the things I ended up doing with the Winter Soldier was I spent literally ten days just on production with vocals because I wanted to get the sensation of a human trapped inside machinery. So I did a lot of vocal recordings and then processed the living hell out of them to get these tortured, time-stretched human cries of someone who has been so processed that it's become mechanized at the same time but you can still hear the human in there.

http://screenrant.com/movie-podcasts-best-2014-awards/

Audio podcast - interview with the Russos starting at 58 min. There's a great piece about ten minutes into the interview describing the the Hawkeye scene they had to drop because of Renner's scheduling conflicts.

It has Hawkeye being part of the SHIELD team to hunt down Steve and would have come after his escape from the SHIELD building and before that deleted scene where the Strike team tracks down Steve's suit to the gum.

http://screenrant.com/movie-podcasts-best-2014-awards/

Audio podcast - interview with the Russos starting at 58 min. There's a great piece about ten minutes into the interview describing the the Hawkeye scene they had to drop because of Renner's scheduling conflicts.

It has Hawkeye being part of the SHIELD team to hunt down Steve and would have come after his escape from the SHIELD building and before that deleted scene where the Strike team tracks down Steve's suit to the gum.

That scene would have been all kinds of awesome!

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09...-who-2245072?lt_source=external,manual#bPdtqX

Captain America: The Winter Soldier may well have been one of the best films of the year - and one of the greatest superhero movies of all time - but that doesn't mean there wasn't at least a little bit of room for improvement.

Specifically, in this case, a particular scene that the film's directors - Joe and Anthony Russo - have recently revealed was cut from the film at an early stage.

Despite being so potentially awesome it's ridiculous.

And why was it going to be so awesome, you ask?

Cap was going to fight Hawkeye. In a ravine.
And that's just good times for everyone.

The scene was, as the directorial brothers put it, designed to "complicate the relationship between Cap and his S.H.I.E.L.D agent friends." The question then being:

"If Hawkeye got a call from S.H.I.E.L.D saying Captain America is a fugitive, would he listen to that call or not listen to that call?"
The only problem? They had to cut it:

"That sequence actually was heartbreaking for us to cut it. I think it ultimately might have been a conflict with Renner’s schedule."

"...and he realized for the first time that Hawkeye was trying to trick S.H.I.E.L.D, where he whispered something into Cap’s ear..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"