Captain Marvel's Power Level - Predictions and what would we like to see

I feel like the powers debate might be influencing our interpretation of that comment by Johansson.

Remember the scenes between Valkyrie and Hulk in Ragnarok?

I seem to recall Valkyrie stepping on Hulk at one point, for example. They seemed pretty friendly.

Whatever happens, I'm guessing Thor and Hulk will handle it better than fans will :cwink:

Look no further than the Hulk thread in the IW forum to see the definition of "fanboy ********".

They will get over it.

They always do.

MCU doesn't follow comic power hierarchy.

Yeah, I feel like that quote gave us a great hint at what's in store for Carol.
Yeah, and now I can't help but wonder which team he was talking about. Avengers? Alpha Flight? Ultimates? There are so many possibilities.

Avengers? Alpha Flight? Ultimates? There are so many possibilities.

I noticed that, too. I'm not sure. It sounds really cool, regardless.

The dynamic is interesting to me. [BLACKOUT]Sounds like this movie should be a journey from the character basically being an astronaut or pilot on earth to being an intergalactic hero.[/BLACKOUT]

Meanwhile so much has happened with the other characters.
[BLACKOUT]
I guess that she stays in touch with Fury and Shield, for a while at least?[/BLACKOUT]

Sounds fantastic overall, tbh. Can't wait to start seeing more trailers and marketing for this.

Last edited:
She should have some major moves that deliver damage but at a cost of fatigue. She shouldn't be able to deliver death blows after death blows to characters that are tough.

I really don't like the whole she's the strongest character yet. To me, it's too Deus Ex Machina. In terms of raw strength she shouldn't be as strong as Thor or Hulk. I would like to see her as the smartest fighter on the team though where she can just toy around with brawlers like Hulk and Thor. While she can't beat them with strength, she can definitely outsmart them with her fighting skills and tactics.

I want here to be the weakest in pure strength compared to Hulk and Thor. But her other powers can totally make up for that. Thor with Stormbreaker seems on another level so it's going to be interesting how powerful they make her compared to that.

I want here to be the weakest in pure strength compared to Hulk and Thor. But her other powers can totally make up for that. Thor with Stormbreaker seems on another level so it's going to be interesting how powerful they make her compared to that.

I get the feeling that Captain Marvel will have cosmic powers, essentially. Maybe even the "power cosmic"? Not sure if they will name drop that, but I wouldn't rule it out.

That would mean that she could go toe to toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk, but she would also have a lot of other powers.

I get the feeling that Captain Marvel will have cosmic powers, essentially. Maybe even the "power cosmic"? Not sure if they will name drop that, but I wouldn't rule it out.

That would mean that she could go toe to toe with the likes of Thor and Hulk, but she would also have a lot of other powers.

I'm expecting her to be like Thor with Stormbreaker. They both have varied powers outside of brawling like the Hulk.

I really don't like the whole she's the strongest character yet. To me, it's too Deus Ex Machina. In terms of raw strength she shouldn't be as strong as Thor or Hulk.

She...

Is...

In the books...

Yeaahhhh.

I really don't like the whole she's the strongest character yet. To me, it's too Deus Ex Machina. In terms of raw strength she shouldn't be as strong as Thor or Hulk. I would like to see her as the smartest fighter on the team though where she can just toy around with brawlers like Hulk and Thor. While she can't beat them with strength, she can definitely outsmart them with her fighting skills and tactics.

Thor is thousands of years old and trained from childhood by Odin and the elite warlords of Asgard..
I seriously doubt a brief stint in the Air force and CIA makes her superior to Thor in battle tactics..

Of course not but you're vastly underselling her. She's an Air Force captain and she may or may have not been spending the last 20 years fighting all kinds of crazy alien monstrosities.

All stuff that makes her a great candidate to be the next leader of the Avengers, but don't tell that to young king T'Challa fanboys. :hehe:

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited:
Come to think of it... What if Carol is so powerful her absence on Earth is directly tied to that? She leaves because she both has to learn to master the awesome cosmic energy powers AND she is afraid of what effect someone like her would have on the planet, even unintentionally?

Come to think of it... What if Carol is so powerful her absence on Earth is directly tied to that? She leaves because she both has to learn to master the awesome cosmic energy powers AND she is afraid of what effect someone like her would have on the planet, even unintentionally?
I've suggested it before, but I think that's a fairly likely scenario and also possible that she's stayed away from Earth because she was encouraged to do so by the world governments due to her extreme power levels. I mean, we've seen what the "World Security Council" thought of these superpowered people in The Avengers, and how they were quite against Fury's plan to unite them. They seemed to pretty much view them as unstable WMD's.

I've suggested it before, but I think that's a fairly likely scenario and also possible that she's stayed away from Earth because she was encouraged to do so by the world governments due to her extreme power levels. I mean, we've seen what the "World Security Council" thought of these superpowered people in The Avengers, and how they were quite against Fury's plan to unite them. They seemed to pretty much view them as unstable WMD's.

That's good drama... I just have an issue with inevitable questions that come with it. It's not a no deal type of thing it's just... Those questions nag at the back of my head.

Where was she all this time exactly?

If she's so powerful her presence anywhere would have been pretty big. Star-Lord certainly didn't ever bring up that OTHER human that's out there wielding cosmic power. Why not? (We know the reason in reality just stating it would make more sense that she would be a known quantity to the various space faring races of the MCU.)

When did she return to Earth? DID she return to Earth? I mean... Did that pager have sub space communication capabilities? :sly:

On the OTHER HAND...

I think you could write it that Carol went off somewhere specifically to hone her power and for all we know it ties into her absence. I forget who but another poster recently reminded me about how Eon had a kind of pocket universe where he trained Quasar. Could be that's used to make it that Carol is in tip top fighting shape to take on Thanos as a fully anointed "Protector Of The Universe" in A4?

That's good drama... I just have an issue with inevitable questions that come with it. It's not a no deal type of thing it's just... Those questions nag at the back of my head.

Where was she all this time exactly?

If she's so powerful her presence anywhere would have been pretty big. Star-Lord certainly didn't ever bring up that OTHER human that's out there wielding cosmic power. Why not? (We know the reason in reality just stating it would make more sense that she would be a known quantity to the various space faring races of the MCU.)

When did she return to Earth? DID she return to Earth? I mean... Did that pager have sub space communication capabilities? :sly:

On the OTHER HAND...

I think you could write it that Carol went off somewhere specifically to hone her power and for all we know it ties into her absence. I forget who but another poster recently reminded me about how Eon had a kind of pocket universe where he trained Quasar. Could be that's used to make it that Carol is in tip top fighting shape to take on Thanos as a fully anointed "Protector Of The Universe" in A4?
Space is a big place! Peter Quill never heard of Thanos before he met Gamora & Drax either, but the Mad Titan's obviously been a big presence in the galaxy for a while. And given her powers, I would think if Star-Lord ever encountered Captain Marvel, he would not assume she WAS human, or from Earth, or anything like that. There are obviously other beings in galaxy who look like humans, as Xandar was mostly populated with them.

And honestly, I've been straight-up assuming that she's not on Earth, as that pager was clearly modified with space tech, so it looked to me like it was meant for some sort of intergalactic communication.

I would bet money that once Carol does join up with the Avengers and crew, at least one or two of the Guardians WILL have heard of her. And yeah, it's possible she went to the far reaches of space or something to hone her powers. But I doubt that's ALL she's been up to in the last 20+ years.

it definitely gets that sort of vibe considering that Feige said that her being the most powerful will be the main theme (how to find vulnerabilities when you are that OP)
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/16...captain-marvel-movie-according-to-kevin-feige

"Captain Marvel will be, by far, the most powerful superhero in Marvel's cinematic universe. That's a big part of the story line we're putting together, and it's certainly been a big part of the development conversation. Particularly for Captain Marvel, which is going to have a lot of spectacle, it ultimately needs to be about the three-dimensional, multi-layered Carol Danvers character. You have to be able to track her and follow her and relate to her at all points of the movie, regardless of how many visual effects and spaceships and bad guys are filling the frame. That's what's important."

If they don't have a scene where Captain Marvel overpowers Thor and/or Hulk, then what's even the point? It would be like not having that scene where Shuri demonstrates just how much more intelligent she is than Tony and Bruce while Bruce stammers awkwardly like a doofus. You can't have female empowerment without a little emasculation, right?

I despise this scene more than pretty much any in the entire mcu. Even the ones with Darcy.

If they make her that powerful can't see how they'd do a world war hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"