• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Super Mario Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker

the stream via twitch is on demand there now in the article its self you can watch through there since it's been made viewable o their past broad cast's. hopefully they put it up on Youtube as well.

Last edited:

• GI Rating 8.25
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

hot-post.png
    cafe-icon.png

on Dec 01, 2014 at 09:35 AM

Nintendo got an amazing amount of mileage out of this simple concept, and none of Captain Toad’s 70+ levels feel repetitive or boring.
    ... More

Good looking reviews. At 40 bucks, I might have to pick this up. :)

The Canadian Amazon is offering a free Amiibo with the purchase of Captain Toad, so I couldn't pass that up. I mean, the game is already a good price, and that just sweetens the deal.

I'm fairly annoyed right now. I pre-ordered this from K-Mart (online), because they had a promotion that allowed you to get $10 of credit for pre-ordering if you signed up for a trial of their Shop Your Way thing (their Prime thingy). Didn't get the game today or yesterday, and it just tells me it's processing on the website, no shipping information or tracking.

Just got an e-mail that said it was out of stock and on backorder. Had this mother****er pre-ordered since July. Stupid K-Mart, I'm going to cancel it and go somewhere else. They can keep their filthy $10 bonus, that's dirty money to me.

That's annoying.

I can't wait for it to come out here. I'm way more excited for this than smash brothers which is the one everyone seemed to be talking about

Urgh, the wait for this game is killing me! It won't come out here until tomorrow and I'm so ready.

Honestly for me it's 2015's most anticipated game.

I finally picked this up today. Not played a whole lot, but I've definitely enjoyed it as much as I hope. The first few levels alone are starting to get more elaborate than 3D World, so I have high hopes.

Bought it today myself. Played for about 10 minutes before my girlfriend decided it looked like the best time ever and took it away. She's been playing almost non-stop ever since.

Finally got it! It's adorable. I love it. I would already happily preorder a sequel

I've been contemplating whether to get this game or the Hyrule Warriors game, since I spent too much on Amiibo figures I don't want to buy too many games as well. I wish this has some Amiibo support like Hyrule Warriors so I can make some use out of the figures.

Captain Toad is going to have amiibo support, they just haven't announced what capacity yet.

Yeah, should be coming sometime this month if I'm not mistaken. Plus, it's $20 cheaper than Hyrule Warriors. I did like HW more than I expected to, but...it's a pretty specific kind of game, honestly.

Yeah, should be coming sometime this month if I'm not mistaken. Plus, it's $20 cheaper than Hyrule Warriors. I did like HW more than I expected to, but...it's a pretty specific kind of game, honestly.

So you would recommend this game over Hyrule Warriors? Btw, if this game is going to have Amiibo support, then where is the Capt. Toad Amiibo figure?

There isn't an amiibo for Captain Toad, it'll use some other pre-existing figures. Just because a game has amiibo support doesn't mean every character it features will have an amiibo. Case in point, less than half of the characters in both Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, for instance, actually have amiibo figures.

As far as recommendation goes, I guess the question I'd have to ask is if you ever played Dynasty Warriors (or Samurai Warriors), and what it is that you thought of those games. It's basically just one rather mindless hack 'n slash where you endlessly kill enemies in huge waves. It can be fun, but definitely not for everyone. I would say Captain Toad is a bit more of a safe recommendation. It's a fun, quirky little puzzle game that uses the Gamepad in a lot of fun ways. It's only one player, though, whereas HW is co-op, if that has any bearing on your decision.

There isn't an amiibo for Captain Toad, it'll use some other pre-existing figures. Just because a game has amiibo support doesn't mean every character it features will have an amiibo. Case in point, less than half of the characters in both Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, for instance, actually have amiibo figures.

As far as recommendation goes, I guess the question I'd have to ask is if you ever played Dynasty Warriors (or Samurai Warriors), and what it is that you thought of those games. It's basically just one rather mindless hack 'n slash where you endlessly kill enemies in huge waves. It can be fun, but definitely not for everyone. I would say Captain Toad is a bit more of a safe recommendation. It's a fun, quirky little puzzle game that uses the Gamepad in a lot of fun ways. It's only one player, though, whereas HW is co-op, if that has any bearing on your decision.

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately, I do try to get as many games with multiplayer option as possible since I have more than one kid who wants to play. That doesn't mean I won't get Capt. Toad, but it does factor into my decision-making between these two games.

Then I would give an edge to Hyrule Warriors then, although I would recommend at least watching some videos of it before you buy it. In general, it was received alright, but I think a lot of Zelda fans were sort of caught off guard by the type of game it is.

3DS, Switch
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker coming to Switch and 3DS
Published 10 hours ago. 3 comments.
Includes new courses based on Super Mario Odyssey.

Captain-Toad-Switch_03-08-18.jpg

Nintendo is bringing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker to Switch and 3DS, the company announced. It will launch on July 13.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which originally launched for Wii U, is coming to Nintendo Switch. The new version includes new miniature courses based on various Kingdoms in the Super Mario Odyssey game. Also, anyone can play with a friend or family member by sharing a pair of Joy-Con controllers. While one player controls Captain Toad, the other can assist with things like turnip cover fire. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launches for Nintendo Switch on July 13.
A Nintendo 3DS version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which includes stereoscopic 3D visuals and touch-screen controls, also launches on July 13.
Watch the first footage of the new ports below (from 20:34 to 21:38).

[YT]NsFna-Z1MjU[/YT]
View a set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu

Yaaas Toad is the real MVP. I hope this means he can get a sequel though. Bit sad getting the same game again

3DS, Switch
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Switch and 3DS ‘What kind of game is Captain Toad?’ trailer
Published 2 days ago. 13 comments.

Find your way to the Power Star.

Captain-Toad-PV_05-18-18.jpg
Nintendo has released a new trailer for the upcoming Switch and 3DS versions of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker titled, “What kind of game is Captain Toad
The trailer outlines the following way to play:

1. Try to get to the Power Star
  2. Rotate the course to discover the way there
  3. Move around platforms to discover the way there
  4. Reach the goal
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker features over 70 courses, including Super Mario Odyssey-themed miniature courses, as well as two-player Joy-Con co-op play. It will launch for Switch and 3DS worldwide on July 13.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]p6ebfOrC_f8[/YT]

source: Gematsu

3DS, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Switch and 3DS demos now available[/FONT]
Published 17 hours ago. 14 comments.

Try out the new ports ahead of their July 13 release.

Captain-Toad-Treasure-Tracker-Demo_06-20-18.jpg

A demo for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is now available for Switch and 3DS via the Nintendo eShop.

The demo is currently only available in Europe and Japan, but should soon be available on the North American Nintendo eShop as well.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker features over 70 courses, including Super Mario Odyssey-themed miniature courses, as well as two-player Joy-Con co-op play. It will launch for Switch and 3DS worldwide on July 13.

source:Gematsu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"