Cars

ANTOINE X

FLY
Reaction score
This thread is all about cars!cars! and cars!

At the same time I would like to know your preferences

I like better:

I'm not really hugely into cars just yet (which is pretty ironic since I've worked for Ford and I'm an Industrial Engineering student), but I'll take anything with a V6-V8 engine and sick turning radius. :p I'm not a huge fan of the $100,000+ luxury sport cars, though.

I've got high hopes for the 2010 Taurus:

009_00taurus2010ab.jpg

020_00taurus2010ab.jpg
023_00taurus2010ab.jpg

027_00taurus2010ab.jpg

024_00taurus2010ab.jpg

025_00taurus2010ab.jpg

-TNC

Last edited:
Here's some photos of a the 2010 Taurus AWD + ecoboost 350+hp SHO:

100_0457.jpg
100_0458.jpg

-TNC

I have 2 ford cars, and they are crap, both of them broke down this week due to faulty parts. Shame on Ford, Shame indeed

I have 2 ford cars, and they are crap, both of them broke down this week due to faulty parts. Shame on Ford, Shame indeed
Cars break down. That's what happens. I've seen bad things happen to a variety of models and makes.

For you particularly, it sounds like you were downright unlucky...with the Ford cars that you had.

Tell me, what year and model were they? What was the problem? Were they preowned/new?

-TNC

I came in here expecting to read pages and pages of discussion on the Gary Numan song.

I am dissapointed beyond belief.

This sounds fanboyish, but i loved the Delorean. I mean as a car it was just revolutionary, kinda. lol I wish they would go back into production. I think it was just too cool.

BTW do you think the US will be able to stay as number one automaker or is it the end?

I think we can but I also think that the ones that are dieing should die already, when America needs cars again someone will step up and make a new company.

Cars break down. That's what happens. I've seen bad things happen to a variety of models and makes.

For you particularly, it sounds like you were downright unlucky...with the Ford cars that you had.

Tell me, what year and model were they? What was the problem? Were they preowned/new?

-TNC

Take my car for instance then Ford Focus its a 2005 plate and it was brand new, first problem i had was, when it rained water leaked into the back near the boot, which shorted out some wires, then every time you pressed the break the boot would unlock its self......

Then the engine block filled up with water because the standard seals on the sparks plugs let in water.... so my engine had to be stripped and drained!

Luckily both of these were covered by the warranty, now this week the clutch spring broke after 30,000 miles the spring costs next to nothing... fitting it costs way more because they have to take out the peddle assembly.

So far with this car it does not like water

Oh ok, I worked in a Ford Focus plant in MI. I'm not familiar with the 2005 model, so, that sounds like a pretty bad deal. Currently, or as I could remember, warranty claims due to air/water leaks were very rare, so whatever the problem was that you had, I'm sure they've taken care of it since.

But, ya know, I understand if you don't trust a Ford car anymore, but logically, I think it's safer to at least be aware that unexpected things happen to cars all the time. Different models and manufacturers will tend to be more reliable than others,...

-TNC

Oh ok, I worked in a Ford Focus plant in MI. I'm not familiar with the 2005 model, so, that sounds like a pretty bad deal. Currently, or as I could remember, warranty claims due to air/water leaks were very rare, so whatever the problem was that you had, I'm sure they've taken care of it since.

But, ya know, I understand if you don't trust a Ford car anymore, but logically, I think it's safer to at least be aware that unexpected things happen to cars all the time. Different models and manufacturers will tend to be more reliable than others,...

-TNC
Unexpected things happens but mostly to American cars. Unfortunetly. I had a 1993 chevy cavaler and it was Hell. I mean everything was a problem. It cost me so much I could buy easily a second one. Then I had a honda civic in 1998. Except the brakes which I had to change often the car was pretty much ok. For the Gaz its heaven! It drinks like a camel. Also I was able sell my honda at a descent price compare to my chevy which had to go to the scrap!

The draw back about my Honda civic:1) it s ugly 2) the confort is a big zero and 3) I hate small cars!

So now I drive an Olds mobile 2002, It was not my first choice but in terms of price and confort I can't complain about it. Now I Have an other big prolem with this car: its Gazoholic!!! it drinks and drinks and drinks. I like american car but...:csad:

I think we can but I also think that the ones that are dieing should die already, when America needs cars again someone will step up and make a new company.

I never though about that Maybe thats what America needs...A new Company in the business! I think when people ear about ford.GM or crysler they think of Gazoholic!

Personnaly I am more in favor of an electric car than any other form of energy efficiency and the reason is simple: I can simply feed my car directly in my garage.

800px-chevrolet-volt-dc.jpg

This sounds fanboyish, but i loved the Delorean. I mean as a car it was just revolutionary, kinda. lol I wish they would go back into production. I think it was just too cool.

I also like the design. I remember when I saw it for the first time I Thought every car will start having doors opening upward.

1981_Delorean_DMC12.jpg

I dont know about you guys but I am not a fan of futuristic round shaped SUV like a giant basketball shoe. I like squared shaped car.

2007_mercedes_benz_g_class.jpg

Some of my favorites (wouldn't mind owning any or all of 'em)...

'59 Cadillac Convertible:
0510cr_01z1959_Cadillac_Series_62_C.jpg

'73 Oldsmobile Delta 88:
90296192_1.jpg

'74 Pontiac Trans Am Hardtop:
p1.jpg

'77 Pontiac Trans Am:
pontiac_transam_1977_01.jpg

This sums up my opinion on that subject.
As for the original topic.
My dream car is Japanese. Datsun/Nissan 240z.

Damn that would be so awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"