Guardians of the Galaxy Cast YOU KNOW WHO (SPOILERS)

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
Okay so as we know from the post credits scenes...

SPOILERS AHEAD

Final warning...

Adam Warlock is coming. I guess it will be in Vol. 3 because it if was in Infinity War, we'd probably have heard something by now. Maybe not though. So who would you guys cast as everyone's favorite gold man? And how would you like to see him portrayed? As more of a villain at first and then a hero?

I'm wondering if this is the role McConaughey was up for. But while he kind of has the right look, I don't think he can drop the accent and I'd prefer Warlock not sound like he's from Texas.

So who would you guys pick? Throwing out a few names...

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Philip Winchester
Richard Madden

I probably wouldn't even really consider it a spoiler since Gunn said he'd be in vol 3 before release. But, on a casting note? I'm not sure, I'm sure whoever Marvel casts will be great

In terms of looks I'd say Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, though I'm not sure he has the acting chops for such a big role. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio if he'd do it.

Dan Stevens

Dan Stevens as an overtly powerful figure treading the line between benevolence and malevolence?

Where you get that idea?

He'd be my first choice too ;)

Btw, McConaughey was up for Ego, not Adam.

Makes sense that your artificial body doesn't age, doesn't it?

My other not so interesting pick would be Travis Fimmel. He was... not good in Warcraft but was absolutely adorable in Maggie's Plan which made me think there's something there.

I'll check out Vikings to make sure.

IMG_6726.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Stevens as an overtly powerful figure treading the line between benevolence and malevolence?

Where you get that idea?

:woot:

Besides, if Josh Brolin can be both Thanos and Cable, surely Stevens could be both Adam Warlock and Legion.

It's practically traditional!

I have a bit of trouble seeing Stevens in this role. He's a great actor and while he's bulked up before for roles, I feel like you need a bigger framed guy for this character. Though that would probably rule my suggestion of Madden out; I don't believe he's very big either. Of course, there are camera tricks and things you can do to make the actor look bigger.

In terms of looks I'd say Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, though I'm not sure he has the acting chops for such a big role. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio if he'd do it.
Leo is my favorite actor but I think we all know he is not the franchise type. Warlock will be in multiple movies.

Besides, if Josh Brolin can be both Thanos and Cable, surely Stevens could be both Adam Warlock and Legion.
Difference is Thanos is a cgi character so we don't see Brolin and really associate him.

I think Bradley Cooper can stick around and become Warlock. The current GOTG team will move on maybe cameo so he won't be Rocket. He can be freed up to play a non cgi character.

Leo is my favorite actor but I think we all know he is not the franchise type. Warlock will be in multiple movies.

It does seem doubtful but hey... Leo has his Oscar now so maybe he'll be more open to mainstream/franchise stuff. That would be some fantastic casting if they could get him.

Would make a Rocket / Adam face-off hilarious.

I have some old Adam Warlock comics, by Jim Starlin (who we can thank for Gamora and Thanos as well).

The art is beautiful - but I always thought there was something a little bit ridiculous about Adam Warlock, I mean he goes through lots of terrible stuff, and ends up being his own nemesis ( and that was in 1975, when the idea of your future self turning evil and being an enemy of your current self was a fresh and inventive twist.....suck on that Flash. Sorry, got off topic.

Anyway, so while AW was this noble,heroic figure, he was always a bit silly too - kind of campy too.

I really don't know who the best casting would be.....to be honest.

Maybe Tom Cruise ? He'd certainly be a great Magus.

Somebody younger.....Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has the look, but would we cheer for him ?

I've got to give this some more thought.

Hey, somehow I find myself rooting for NCW on Game of Thrones despite his character being a guy who attempted to murder a child and spends his free time banging his sister, so I'm sure I could root for him when he's playing an all around good guy. :D

Waldau would be gold!

Get it?

Just to get the 4th Chris into the Marvel Universe... Chris Pine!

It would be too funny if Nikolaj Coster-Waldau becomes Warlock. We already likely have Dink as Pip the Troll. They know how to play off of each other.

Where you get that idea?

Btw, McConaughey was up for Ego, not Adam.

Makes sense that your artificial body doesn't age, doesn't it?

My other not so interesting pick would be Travis Fimmel. He was... not good in Warcraft but was absolutely adorable in Maggie's Plan which made me think there's something there.

I'll check out Vikings to make sure.

IMG_6726.jpg

Fimmel in vikings is a beast. The man can ACT. Get on to watching vikings asap.

Have you watched Game of Thrones? He is one of the best actors on it. His character calls for one of the most subdued and layered performances. It is easy to see Jamie as just the arrogant dick, but there is so much more. Even from the earlier seasons, everything about the character is nuanced. Jamie is easily the most complex character in the franchise and Coster-Waldau nails it.

Plus, we're not talking about a dramatic, Oscar bait type of role here. Its a Marvel movie with a talking raccoon. I am pretty sure Coster-Waldau would have the acting chops to handle it. :funny:

i'd be down for Nikolaj as Adam Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"