Guardians of the Galaxy Who should Marvel cast as Adam Warlock?

So I was watching the most recent Tarzan movie and think if Adam Warlock is going to be Vol 3, Skarsgard would be perfect for the role.

alexander-skarsgard.jpg

I think he would work well for Adam Warlock. If they don't get him for that, then he can play Nebulon one day. But he's more obscure and a comic Defenders villain.

I know people are going to freak out about this so may as well discuss it. Not that I put a whole lot of stake in an anonymous Reddit post, but if ti's true that Zac Efron is being considered for the role, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

First let me say, with his chiseled looks and perfect hair, I can actually see him in the role especially with Gunn's interpretation of the Soverign. Secondly, humor wise, I could totally see him fitting in James Gunn's universe. This is going to be an interpretation of the character, not the dead serious one that we see in the comics, but one that fits into the MCU Guardian's universe. Seeing his performance in neighbors, Zac can be extremely funny.

Finally Zac has consistently tried to break out of the High School Musical role since he left it. The guy is a talented performer so we shouldn't hold it against him that he got his start as a Disney star, or that he was in a teeny bopper film over 12 years ago. I haven't seen the film, but anyone that would attempt to play Ted Bundy in a film, is someone who is a serious actor and not afraid to stretch out.

Again, I don't want to give too much credence to this, but it's hitting the news now, and I think that we should have a little faith in the film makers if this happens to be a serious discussion on casting him.

Isn't Efron too short for Warlock? He'd work better for a different character.

I would certainly picture him being taller, but I guess if they do cast him, I don't think it would necessarily be a bad choice.

Yeah I like Efron as an actor, but would think Adam Warlock would need to be taller personally.

Someone suggested Boyd Holbrook on here, I think he would be a great pick.

Dan Stevens or Jared Padalecki

No to Padalecki. I like Supernatural and all but I don't think he'll make it out of TV land with his range. Other than some more horror films like he's done before.

I know people are going to freak out about this so may as well discuss it. Not that I put a whole lot of stake in an anonymous Reddit post, but if ti's true that Zac Efron is being considered for the role, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

First let me say, with his chiseled looks and perfect hair, I can actually see him in the role especially with Gunn's interpretation of the Soverign. Secondly, humor wise, I could totally see him fitting in James Gunn's universe. This is going to be an interpretation of the character, not the dead serious one that we see in the comics, but one that fits into the MCU Guardian's universe. Seeing his performance in neighbors, Zac can be extremely funny.

Finally Zac has consistently tried to break out of the High School Musical role since he left it. The guy is a talented performer so we shouldn't hold it against him that he got his start as a Disney star, or that he was in a teeny bopper film over 12 years ago. I haven't seen the film, but anyone that would attempt to play Ted Bundy in a film, is someone who is a serious actor and not afraid to stretch out.

Again, I don't want to give too much credence to this, but it's hitting the news now, and I think that we should have a little faith in the film makers if this happens to be a serious discussion on casting him.

Zac Efron would make a good Richard Rider/Nova. Adam Warlock doesn't seem like a fit for him.

Do you really need a big name like Efron for Adam? Might be fun to get someone a bit more on the Arthouse scene. A bit up and coming

Do you really need a big name like Efron for Adam? Might be fun to get someone a bit more on the Arthouse scene. A bit up and coming

Yeah, honestly if Pattinson wasn't being cast as Batman, I would have suggested him.

Eh well, someone with a bit more acting skills. For example I’m currently watching now apocalypse and I still think Avon jogia has the star power and charisma to make it big and compete with the charm of other stars like Chris Pratt

Eh well, someone with a bit more acting skills. For example I’m currently watching now apocalypse and I still think Avon jogia has the star power and charisma to make it big and compete with the charm of other stars like Chris Pratt
upload_2019-6-20_10-14-24.gif
if I put that name into Google, I even don‘t get any autocompleted recommendations

Oops, spelling mistake. Meant to be Avan Jogia with an A. He was in Caprica, I Am Michael and the drowning

Kind of got a young Johnny Depp thing going on without the present day nuttiness

My choice would be Billy Magnussen.

He was great in Game Night and Ingrid Goes West, just appeared in Aladdin and is cast in the upcoming Bond 25.

q0fz0B8.gif

Pattinson is a great actor. I just watched "Queen of the Desert" recently, and it had Robert Pattinson as Lawrence of Arabia: he only had a small role in it, but he was able to do so much with so little. Plus, he's got like a bunch of amazing indie films that show how awesome he can be.
But I do like the suggestion of Billy Magnussen.

I still reckon there’s someone out there with a bit more depth.

Billy magnussen would be fun though. He kind of stole the scene in Aladdin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"