Infinity War Who will be cast as Magus/Adam Warlock?

Too many characters to suddenly throw in Adam Warlock/Magus.

Too many characters to suddenly throw in Adam Warlock/Magus.

I agree, save him for a movie where he will be properly developed.

It will be weird seeing Thanos facing our heroes without Warlock present, but it's happened plenty of times in the comics so I will get past it pretty quickly.

I doubt we will see his origin at all (Fox likely owns that part of his story), he misses out on his most important story/role in Marvel comics history, and he just shows up as the new alien in GoG3. It sounds a lot like Adam Warlock isn't even going to be the classic Warlock to me. He will probably look like the redesigned GoG version instead of the classic design just like how they ruined Drax's iconic look.

I doubt we will see his origin at all (Fox likely owns that part of his story), he misses out on his most important story/role in Marvel comics history, and he just shows up as the new alien in GoG3. It sounds a lot like Adam Warlock isn't even going to be the classic Warlock to me. He will probably look like the redesigned GoG version instead of the classic design just like how they ruined Drax's iconic look.

The re-designed look of Warlock is a vast improvement over the original in my opinion.

Adam_Warlock.png

There's zero reason to suggest that FOX owns any part of Adam. Though he may have first appeared in the FF books, like the Black Panther and Inhumans he's a completely separate IP. And Drax's original purple, caped outfit was awful and far from iconic. His updated look is ripped right from the comics and is a huge improvement.

I doubt we will see his origin at all (Fox likely owns that part of his story

What? Unless Fox owns the rights to all instances of an artificial human being created in a lab, there's absolutely no reason Marvel couldn't use his origin.

He will probably look like the redesigned GoG version instead of the classic design just like how they ruined Drax's iconic look.

Yes we really missed out on something by not having Drax wear a cowl and a big purple cape.

The re-designed look of Warlock is a vast improvement over the original in my opinion.

Adam_Warlock.png

Absolutely.

Last edited:
Given what we've heard so far it seems like Gunn wanted Adam to be a type of Sovereign Super Soldier. I don't think he will keep HIM's earth origin.

Given what we've heard so far it seems like Gunn wanted Adam to be a type of Sovereign Super Soldier. I don't think he will keep HIM's earth origin.

Agreed. I doubt it was Gunn only involved in this decision though. And super soldier may be a bit of a misnomer. Being that the Sovereign military is primarily composed of drones.

Perhaps more like, genetically engineered champion. I gotta assume Adam will have his energy manipulation powers. He'll obviously have gold skin and hair similar to that of his kin. He and Ayesha may have something to do with the Universal Church of Truth. But I think it's probably safe to say he won't have the soul gem, nor will he have much to do with the infinity storyline as it stands now.

I think his purpose will be to destroy the GotG at first and perhaps open the Cancerverse. When he destroys his own race and sister by accident, they'll somehow convince him to join them.

Last edited:
Agreed. I doubt it was Gunn only involved in this decision though. And super soldier may be a bit of a misnomer. Being that the Sovereign military is primarily composed of drones.

Perhaps more like, genetically engineered champion. I gotta assume Adam will have his energy manipulation powers. He'll obviously have gold skin and hair similar to that of his kin. He and Ayesha may have something to do with the Universal Church of Truth. But I think it's probably safe to say he won't have the soul gem, nor will he have much to do with the infinity storyline as it stands now.

I think his purpose will be to destroy the GotG at first and perhaps open the Cancerverse. When he destroys his own race and sister by accident, they'll somehow convince him to join them.

I'm not convinced he won't be part of part 2, despite what has been said. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but man, IG story when warlock exists in the MCU just f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"