Status
Not open for further replies.

NanaT

X-Men United!
Reaction score
EVAN PETERS CAST AS QUICKSILVER!!!

Evan_Peters_37721.jpg

440pxquicksilversmall07ua5.jpg

BEFORE HE WAS AN AVENGER HE WAS JUST A REALLY FAST KID!!

SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with this news.

YES Fox and Singer!!

My bet, same actors for both franchises. Marvel and Fox made an agreement, I think.

doubt that very much

Im not sure if I am happy...the movie is already crammed enough as it is. do we really need Quicksilver to be in this? seriously? :(

I don't think it will be the same actors, if you read singer's tweet it says before he was an avenger, I'm thinking that this is young quicksilver and in avengers he'll be older. They might even reference this movie as quicksilver's origins.

We could use a couple more mutants to Brotherhood In 1973.This may be what the reason was for Bryan Singer to drop all the hellfire related characters from DOFP.

SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with this news.

YES Fox and Singer!!

My bet, same actors for both franchises. Marvel and Fox made an agreement, I think.

Agreed. This is a good move by Fox and Marvel imo. Great way of introducing Quicksilver.

Wow WTF?

This brings up alot of questions.

I really hope this is the case.

i doubt FOX and marvel made an agreement, i don't think its ever been mentioned mutants exist in MCU, so it would be a random confusion throw in

i do think they will be in the 70s and it will be interesting to see Michael Fassbenders magneto with them =)

Last edited:
Hope this is some hint at an agreement between studios and Peters is also cast in Avengers 2, cause the kid is amazing.

Possable reasons why there could be an agreement.

Kevin Feige remains on good terms with Bryan Singer,lauren Shueller Donnor,and Fox.

Alan Horne who Is now chairman of Disney was the head of warner brothers who pushed to get bryan to do superman and key ally In him being able to get his sequel to Donnorverse made.

Wow WTF?

This brings up alot of questions.

I really hope this is the case.

this better be an agreement. It would be awesome to both franchises and fans, I think.

I mean, the feeling of a shared unviverse, even if the x-men wont ever appear with any of the avengers on the same movie.

But just this nod would be awesome to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a reaction to Marvel/Whedon hinting they'll use Quicksilver in The Avengers 2. Fox want to use the character first for the sake of it.

LOVEEEEEEEEEE Evan Peters. So yummy and a terrific actor.

this better be an agreement. It would be awesome to both franchises and fans, I think.

I mean, the feeling of a shared unviverse, even if the x-men wont ever appear with any of the avengers on the same movie.

But just this nod would be awesome to me.

I can't see any reason why Disney/Marvel would bail out FOX's declining X-Men franchise by linking it with the far more successful MCU. We'll see a Justice League - Avengers team up before we see A vs X on the big screen.

If there was some kind of agreement, which is very very unlikely, then yes that'd be awesome.

But right now it's hard being excited about having a really good actor as Quicksilver when you know the (probable) reasons behind him being in the film.

The thing is I fail to see a downside to them working together on this. The Avengers gets to use more of their characters, and Fox's X-Men are given more attention from Avengers 2. Everyone walks away with more money in the end.

If anything, if they made an agreement, this is gonna be good.

Yeah, there is no downside if an agreement was made. If he's also the same actor in Avengers 2 then DofP is gonna make a ****load of money.

Yeah, there is no downside if an agreement was made. If he's also the same actor in Avengers 2. Then DofP is gonna make a ****load of money.

i think its a case of why would marvel make that agreement when they already making big money with the characters they have got, its probably more beneficial to FOX isn't it?

and probably the most important aspect of this... if it turns out they are in the 70s... and avengers 2 is in present day... yeah... um...

The thing is I fail to see a downside to them working together on this. The Avengers gets to use more of their characters, and Fox's X-Men are given more attention from Avengers 2. Everyone walks away with more money in the end.

If anything, if they made an agreement, this is gonna be good.

Working together is wonderful, if Disney/Marvel never wants the rights to the X-Men back. Because of horribly lopsided deals struck back in the 90s, Marvel takes in a miniscule amount of the profits from X-Men films - I've heard it rumored at < 5%, which given studio accounting means that they have basically given the rights away for nothing.

Because of this, it is in the best interests of Disney for the X-Men movies to fail, which is why you won't see stores filled with film merchandise for X-Men (or the FF) like you see with Spider-man or MCU films. Despite negotiating horrid deals, Marvel held onto control of the merchandise rights for all of their properties.

This move is an interesting one by FOX, but it could backfire. If this is a late addition to the script, Singer may be just setting up a character for Whedon to knock it out of the park.

i think its a case of why would marvel make that agreement when they already making big money with the characters they have got, its probably more beneficial to FOX isn't it?

and probably the most important aspect of this... if it turns out they are in the 70s... and avengers 2 is in present day... yeah... um...

Marvel would probably want to use more characters (FF, SS) eventually and Fox wants some of that Avenger money. I can easily see benefits for both companies.

If its in the 70s then I doubt the connection being Magneto's son will even be made. So I dont know. Fox hasnt been good with any of that stuff. Theres alot of questions with this film and since it deals with multiple timelines....I have no idea wtf is going on haha.

ian mckellens magneto seems abit more like a grandfather more then playing father to kids in there 20s so im guessing it will be the 70s

i admit Singers tweet makes it sound like somethings going on but at the same time it might been taken out of context

unless they won't be kids in the avengers and playing teens in DOFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back