WandaVision Spoilers!: Evan Peters

'WandaVision' Boss Jac Schaeffer on Fan Theories: "Even At This Point, I Don't Want Mephisto or Magneto"
For better or worse, there's a segment of the audience that craves cameos and crossovers. Because of that common knowledge, were you already prepared for the reaction to Ralph (Evan Peters)?

It was one of the few things in developing the show that my agenda — with regard to casting Evan — had to do with the fans. In my experience at Marvel, most of my motivation is about the work or working in concert with the producer, and with Kevin Feige. And then, working within that system and trying to check the boxes that need to be checked while still telling compelling, authentic stories with women usually centered. So that's usually my priority, but with the Evan casting, it was twofold. It seemed like the cherry on top of this very meta story. The only other thing that's more meta than that is I think Wanda Maximoff is the one who crashed the Disney+ server. (Laughs.) There's some sort of bleeding out from fiction to reality there because crashing Disney+ just seems like something she would do. But I didn't want [the Evan Peters casting] to be a gimmick. What we wanted for Wanda was that it would be a gut punch. She would see this person, know immediately that he's supposed to be her brother, but also know that something is off. But she would doubt herself so thoroughly that she would go along with it. And I felt that the only way the audience could go on that journey with her — and also feel the exact same gut punch and euphoric thrill — is if it was Evan. That's a meta piece that I feel served our story. So I was really looking forward to people losing their minds, but that is how I saw it integrating into the story.

Probably won't accomplish anything, but it's a nice gesture.

People wouldn't have much of a problem with this twist if it wasn't for the Bohner joke. It's the main issue that drives a lot of fans up the wall and very understandably so. All that for a moronic unfunny joke.

People wouldn't have much of a problem with this twist if it wasn't for the Bohner joke. It's the main issue that drives a lot of fans up the wall and very understandably so. All that for a moronic unfunny joke.
Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will appear in Spider-Man: No Way Home next from the Bohner family. :o

Tobey Maguire will play Ben Dover and Andrew Garfield Mike Hawk, a pizza delivery man and a science wiz respectively. :o

Fourth Spider-Man movie title, Spider-Man: Home Alone or Meet the Bohners. :o

You never know yo. Iron Man 3 has a 79% on Rotten Tomatoes and it grossed over $1.2 billion dollars at the box office. Without a doubt that movie was a success, despite how the fakeout in the plot really divided the fans.

And yet, Marvel Studios chose to side with the fans and retcon that twist into making a real Mandarin in the MCU out there somewhere. I actually appreciate that despite them already being so successful with the end result, that they still decided it was best to do right by the fans.

And that was Phase 2, eight years ago. By then the MCU was arguably already a juggernaut of a franchise, and now it's just an even bigger behemoth. WandaVision might have been the most talked about show from the last two years, in this pandemic. They definitely have the creative power to retcon the Bohner back into Peter Maximoff, plucked away from his home universe and pulled into the marvel cinematic universe.

He did chuckle at his own name.... Was it in bitterness from a school life of bullying or like, "This is my name in a new reality?" haha moment.

*waits for the Just Bohner fans to come charging in to ridicule this joke.

He did chuckle at his own name.... Was it in bitterness from a school life of bullying or like, "This is my name in a new reality?" haha moment.

*waits for the Just Bohner fans to come charging in to ridicule this joke.

He could've also laughed at it either because it's not his real name but a fake identity, or maybe it's pronounced Bonner (like Donner) but Monica pronounced it oddly like Bone.

Did you not know, theorizing leads to pain and disappointment and will soon be outlawed.

:D

Ms. Schaeffer needs to understand that us fans are waaay to fragile to enjoy stuff that's thrilling and crazy. Next time just stick with the punching and laser battles, lady!

What do we want? LASER FIGHTS!

When do we want them? NOW!

I know you are joking, but I really think this is way too common, sadly: fans who claim to want stuff like "clever narratives" or "deep thematic resonance", but what they really want is. . . just enough of the *veneer* of that kind of things to create a surface appearance of respectability and seriousness. Everything underneath? Indulgent fanservice, whether it be showy fights or deep dive cameos or scenes ripped from the comics. . . or worse, just flat out amoral power trips.

I know you are joking, but I really think this is way too common, sadly: fans who claim to want stuff like "clever narratives" or "deep thematic resonance", but what they really want is. . . just enough of the *veneer* of that kind of things to create a surface appearance of respectability and seriousness. Everything underneath? Indulgent fanservice, whether it be showy fights or deep dive cameos or scenes ripped from the comics. . . or worse, just flat out amoral power trips.
This is BY FAR, The Ballsiest thing that Marvel has EVER DONE! And, I am glad that they took the risk.

Along with the guy playing Quicksilver in that other superhero cinematic universe, the show gave us Illusion and Glamour, Billy and Tommy, Sparky, everybody in their comic book duds, Vision torn apart and remade as White Vision, Monica Rambeau, SWORD, Agatha Harkness, Jimmy Woo and Darcy, the return of Wanda's mind whomp, the Darkhold, Even An Android Can Cry, a Skrull and (probably) Wundagore Mountain. Folks who were just looking for indulgent fanservice and scenes ripped from the comics should be absolutely thrilled with WandaVision

Matt Shakman was on a comic book.com livestream interview and confirmed that Ralph Bohner just got his superspeed powers from the necklace that Agatha was controlling him with.

Just thought I’d bring that up in case there was any lingering questions about that.

Along with the guy playing Quicksilver in that other superhero cinematic universe, the show gave us Illusion and Glamour, Billy and Tommy, Sparky, everybody in their comic book duds, Vision torn apart and remade as White Vision, Monica Rambeau, SWORD, Agatha Harkness, Jimmy Woo and Darcy, the return of Wanda's mind whomp, the Darkhold, Even An Android Can Cry, a Skrull and (probably) Wundagore Mountain. Folks who were just looking for indulgent fanservice and scenes ripped from the comics should be absolutely thrilled with WandaVision

They should!

I blame the Fox X-Men movies, and the split in the fanbase they induced. A lot of people came to WandaVision wanting one thing only: mutants.

They should!

I blame the Fox X-Men movies, and the split in the fanbase they induced. A lot of people came to WandaVision wanting one thing only: mutants.

I do feel bad for Pietro fans about what happened in WandaVision...But I do like the epic trolling Marvel is doing here. If Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Charlie Cox are just regular dudes with no superhero connections in Spider-Man 3, fanboys will seriously lose their minds!

I wish they bought back Aaron.

Imo, Evan Peters as Quicksilver had no business joining the mcu at all. But I guess Marvel studios enjoy poking at fans from time to time.

-sigh- dude, you don't get to tell other folks how they should feel. People are allowed to like the show without liking every single aspect of it. the amount of vehement defense for this fakeout to the point where people in this thread are insulting other people just because they're disappointed honestly comes off as fanboyism

-sigh- dude, you don't get to tell other folks how they should feel. People are allowed to like the show without liking every single aspect of it. the amount of vehement defense for this fakeout to the point where people in this thread are insulting other people just because they're disappointed honestly comes off as fanboyism

No, but its perfectly fair to point out when the reasoning a person presents for *why* they don't feel a certain way, is faulty or nonsensical. As he pointed out, the claim "I didn't like the show because it didn't provide any larger metaplot fanservice" is just flat out false. The show provided tons of metaplot fanservice. You may not feel positive towards the show because it didn't provide *the particular type of metaplot fanservice you wanted*, but that is a different claim. If its the one you actually mean, than you should make that more clear.

No, but its perfectly fair to point out when the reasoning a person presents for *why* they don't feel a certain way, is faulty or nonsensical. As he pointed out, the claim "I didn't like the show because it didn't provide any larger metaplot fanservice" is just flat out false. The show provided tons of metaplot fanservice. You may not feel positive towards the show because it didn't provide *the particular type of metaplot fanservice you wanted*, but that is a different claim. If its the one you actually mean, than you should make that more clear.

I wanted Hypno Hustler in the show but was disappointed when he didn't show up and that ruined the ending for me. I'm hoping he will do in Falcon and Winter Soldier, and if not that, then in Loki, Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk or one of those shows. If he doesn't, those shows are a bust too.

I don't think a single person in this thread stated that the whole show was ruined for them because of this fakeout. All I meant in my response to Zarex is that no one gets to tell someone else what their opinion should be about a tv show. And those who take it a step further to insult people for not liking the show for *whatever* reason is honestly just being a fanboy.

As for me, I never said I don't feel positive towards the show. I think you're assuming that based off of how I feel about the fakeout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"