Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: Which version did you prefer the most?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Okay guys, it's that time. I didn't see a thread made for this so I'm asking it now - which quicksilver was better - evan peters or aaron taylor johnson

54e224f12babc71eaf7ba9339862425c.jpg

i'm very interested to see the turnouts.

MCU Quicksilver. Not only the better version of the character, but a better character in general.

"Peter" was a punchline. "Pietro" was a character.

I prefer Pietro. He had more purpose than just being the comic relief, and his power set didn't break the movie.

Avengers Quicksilver. Not only for the same reason as you two say as he was more of an absolute character, but I actually prefer speed characters to look fast as opposed to everything else looking slow and they look normal. That's not a knock on DOFP as I love that scene but I enjoy seeing them zip running leaving a trail behind them or a blur with everything looking normal. Kind of like The Flash on TV. I like that too. Plus I love his relationship with his sister.

FoxSilver. He had a personality to remember even with the small part, DisneySilver not so much even with the longer screentime.

MCU QS for sure.

Fox QS was more of a plot device than a character. He had one awesome scene. MCU QS used what little screen time he had to develop some relationships and actually have an impact on the story, and on the goal of saving people's lives.

MCU, the other guy was just a one scene wonder.

Honestly, the one thing DoFP did that was an undeniably more enjoyable experience was the depiction of his powers. He definitely may have been a little overpowered but, it was just such an enjoyable experience to watch.

As actors, they're both fine. Nothing too too special.

But MCU Quicksilver was an amazing addition to the team. Loved the accent, loved the costume. Loved the relationship with his sister. etc, etc, etc.

I liked them both. Tie.

I like AOU Quicksilver better, but I have a feeling Fox Quicksilver will be remembered and liked more by the general audience.

Peter was fun, entertaining, and a highlight of an already amazing film.

Pietro was just there until he wasn't. Not sure what happened to ATJ, but he's just been giving nothing but bland performances lately.

MCU QS was the one I remember from the comics. Plus him [blackout]sacrificing himself[/blackout] alone makes him cooler than DOFP QS who was used as a Deus Ex Machina to get Magneto out of jail.

I gotta side with Evan Peters on this one. He may have been a one note character with one scene but that scene was so great that it almost steals the whole show. That being said Johnson really did impress me and I really liked his performance and character far better than I thought I would.

I gotta side with Evan Peters on this one. He may have been a one note character with one scene but that scene was so great that it almost steals the whole show. That being said Johnson really did impress me and I really liked his performance and character far better than I thought I would.

He actually had two memorable scenes: the one at his Mom's house, and the one at the Pentagon.

Both

Peters is the funnest scene stealing character in the X franchise, but other then a set piece and jokes he was underused and gone throughout the the majority of the film. Wanted to see more. Especially with him and Sentinels.

ATJ gets a small redeeming arch that spands through the films themes and two other characters, a backstory, the crucial relationship with his sister and has a spot through the whole film. That said, wanted to see more. He was underused as well.

Whoever gets the development in the future will decide who I think was handled better. As of now both were underused and I wanted to know more about their characters.

Last edited:
Whoever gets the development in the future will decide who I think was handled better. As of now both were underused and I wanted to know more about the character.

Don't read this unless you've already seen Avengers 2, but..
one of them doesn't have a future.

Don't read this unless you've already seen Avengers 2, but..
one of them doesn't have a future.
I've seen the movie or else I wouldn't vote. [BLACKOUT]I've also seen and read enough comics/superhero films to know no one stays dead forever...or for that long at all. With Doctor Strange (whom I actually believe has resurrected Pietro) coming out and jumping into other reality bending things (reality stone, Wanda herself) I wouldn't count anything out. I'd assume this will play into other things coming up. Because when it comes to the other side, only one character will have that connection now.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
I actually felt something real with MCU QS. He had a mini character arc. And the whole relationship with his sister was intriguing. FOX QS had the awesome scenes but it he was mostly played for a plot device. I choose MCU QS but FOX QS is probably more memorable for most people.

I've seen the movie or else I wouldn't vote. [BLACKOUT]I've also seen and read enough comics/superhero films to know no one stays dead for ever...or for that long at all. With Doctor Strange coming out and jumping into other reality bending things (reality gem, Wanda herself) I wouldn't count anything out. I'd assume this will play into other things coming up. Because when it comes to the other side, only one character will have that connection now.[/BLACKOUT]

True enough. They may find a way to bring him back.

[BLACKOUT]If they don't, then Peters will more then likely be getting my vote. Pre mature superhero deaths piss me off more then anything, and I thought AOU QS was pretty awesome....but just getting started. So much like Peters after I saw DOFP I hope there will be more screen time. [/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
I just wonder how they'll use FOX's Quicksilver in a sequel, without massively downgrading him. MCU's Quicksilver could still be challenged due to his limitations. FOX's QS had to be sent away after the Prison break, otherwise the Movie would have been over fairly early.

Yeah he's way too powerful. Telepaths shouldn't have a problem though.

The writers need to make sure that's not an issue.

Psylocke and Archangel would both be suitable opponents for Peter, especially if their power level is amped by way of Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"