• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: Which version did you prefer the most?

As long as Psylocke knows what's going on she would destroy him. But Quickilver is so fast in DOFP that he's invisible, I can see him being able to have the upper hand with just about anyone.

Last edited:
Evan Peter's Quicksilver because he was more entertaining.

ATJ Quicksilver was great, but unmemorable.

Peter was fun, entertaining, and a highlight of an already amazing film.

Pietro was just there until he wasn't. Not sure what happened to ATJ, but he's just been giving nothing but bland performances lately.

"Was just there until he wasn't"? Kinda like a certain other character who appeared for a scene, was great, and then shuffled aside for the convenience of the larger story at hand?

"Was just there until he wasn't"? Kinda like a certain other character who appeared for a scene, was great, and then shuffled aside for the convenience of the larger story at hand?
Key word.

DOFP quicksilver by far. Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a poor and bland actor and his character was meh. Why does he keep getting work? Yes he's cute but that is all he is.

Key word.

He was undoubtedly the best part of the movie. But in terms of functionality, his inclusion and then subsequent absence makes no sense. Again, he was a punchline.

Last edited:
DOFP 's Quicksilver edges out AoU.

While I thought that Aaron Taylor-Johnson brought some charm and humour to an otherwise unlikeable character, I thought the special effects for his character and relatively meaningless death undermined the solid work he did.

Evan Peters was very likeable, and DOFP's special effects for his speed were superb, a similar vibe to Nightcrawler White House sequence from X2 - probably the best sequence in the film. Of course after that he's nonsensically excluded from the story.

So while some of the story points let down both characters, the impressive Pentagon kitchen sequence gives DOFP Quicksilver the edge.

Peters has so much more personality. ATJ with his iconic boring deliveries returns. People with the excuse of DOFP using him as a plot device needs to find a better one. Peters was so extremely likable in the few scenes he had, just because MCU attempted to give him an arc, a very flimsy one at that, doesn't make his presence any more salvageable with ATJ's bland acting. Here's hoping peters gets more screen time in Apocalypse.

I like both, but Peter gets my vote.

It's a shame they didn't do more with Quicksilver in Age of Ultron. Even though Peter had less screen time, he had more impact, more personality and was just more memorable than Pietro. Of course, X-Men: Apocalypse needs to prove they can expand the character without making him a caricature.

Fox's Quicksilver. Way more memorable and more entertaining than the other one.

FOX's Quicksilver. Buzzing with personality, only has two scenes and stole the show for a lot of people, possible relationship with Magneto going forward, lots of potential for the future, great special effects/concept.

MCU Quicksilver. Unspeakably boring personality, bland delivery, terrible whatever-that-was accent, cheap looking and boring powers display, no potential going forward.

FOX's Quicksilver all the way.

FOX's Quicksilver. Buzzing with personality, only has two scenes and stole the show for a lot of people, possible relationship with Magneto going forward, lots of potential for the future, great special effects/concept.

MCU Quicksilver. Unspeakably boring personality, bland delivery and all around acting, terrible whatever-that-was accent, cheap looking and boring powers display, no potential going forward.

FOX's Quicksilver all the way.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, I absolutely hated Fox's Quicksilver. He was goofy, annoying, looked awful and was clearly just shoehorned into the plot to spite Marvel. I'm not going to drool over him because of some slow motion.

Marvel's Quicksilver was an actual character, not just a walking, talking joke. He had wit and personality, but he also had development. His powers were more toned down as well - he's actually out of breath when he comes out of a run. Fox's Quicksilver just seems like a deus ex machina.

MCU Quicksilver

Not overpowered, the relationship with his sister.

I don't understand how the character in DoFP was overpowered.

"Quicksilver is a mutant capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds. Originally capable of running at the speed of sound; exposure to the High Evolutionary's Isotope E made it possible for the character to run at supersonic speeds of up to Mach 10 and resist the effects of friction, reduced oxygen, and kinetic impact while moving at super-speeds. The character's speed allows him to perform feats such as create cyclone-strength winds; run up walls and cross bodies of water."

Sounds underpowered to me in AoU.

If a character can basically circle around bullets all day long, and change all their trajectories, then that is overpowered. Unless a Telepath gets the drop on Peter, he can pretty much take out every single person in the room, in a fraction of a second.

FOX QS would win me over had he been there for the climax instead of going home back to his basement. He was dismissed from the story. Nightcrawler had an awesome scene to but at least he stuck around.

For me, easily the Fox version, the MCU version I found bland and tbh ultimately pointless.

I know the Fox version was essentially brought in for one breathtaking scene but at least he had one and a personality to boot. I also got the feeling they were setting stuff up for later with him, hints that Magneto is his Dad.

Fox QS was funnier, had better power displays and just dug his character to more of the laid back teen who likes stealing things.

AOU's QS was kind of meh and forgettable. He didnt really have anything important to do and the film could have easily played out without him. [BLACKOUT]Which is probably why he was killed off so easily.[/BLACKOUT]

Fox QS was funnier, had better power displays and just dug his character to more of the laid back teen who likes stealing things.

AOU's QS was kind of meh and forgettable. He didnt really have anything important to do and the film could have easily played out without him. [BLACKOUT]Which is probably why he was killed off so easily.[/BLACKOUT]

That's pretty much how I feel

Evan Peters' Quicksilver, no contest.

Easy, the one who actually somewhat resembled the character from the comics.

And no, that wasn't Fox's pathetic excuse for Quicksilver.

DOFP quicksilver by far. Aaron Taylor-Johnson is a poor and bland actor and his character was meh. Why does he keep getting work? Yes he's cute but that is all he is.
I adored him in Kick-Ass and instantly became a fan. It's unfortunately gone downhill since. I just don't know what he was trying to do in Godzilla and Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"