Cate Blanchett is the Mysterious & Powerful Villainess HELA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Cannot wait!:ilv: I hope she'll be Hela Fierce!

Two-time Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine,” “Carol, “Cinderella”) joins Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (the upcoming “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Jurassic Park”) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (“Creed,” “Selma”) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (“Star Trek” trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203...mbers_of_the_highly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok

The Marvel film's first female main villain, she'd better be. Thor vs. Cate Blanchett sounds EPIC!! Also she looked VERY comic book accurate in the concept art that they released, even down to her goofy head gear.

So that was official art??

Sick.

This concept art is beautiful! Can't praise Blanchett enough, of course.

Now don't you dare waste her like you did Eccleston last time Marvel. And no having her turn out to be the pawn of the actual big bad either. She's the goddess of death for goodness sake.

She was amazing in Cinderella and I kinda liked her in Indiana Jones! I hope her character is going to be better than Loufey and Malekith!

What is Hela's realm? I'm interested to see that!

Liked the first Thor. Disliked the second.

Blanchett really brings the hype to the third one. One of my favourite actresses.

Will she be Thanos' object of affection?
The Goddess of Death instead of the actual literal personification of Death would be easier to swallow for general audiences, and it would be kind of weird to have 2 female "Deaths".

I wonder if she'll be related to Loki at all in this version?

^^ Maybe they'll flip it from the comic and make her Loki's mother with Laufey

I don't see her being Loki's daughter though

things have escalated dramatically now
2q0ojlf.jpg

Do you think Hela is really a great villain or is she just tall?

Just kidding, I literally can't wait for this. Such a perfect choice for a movie called ragnarok. Can't wait to see what she brings to it!

The Goddess of Death instead of the actual literal personification of Death would be easier to swallow for general audiences, and it would be kind of weird to have 2 female "Deaths".

That could be amazing if she is Thanos' object of affection

2q0ojlf.jpg

Slay!

Let's hope Marvel doesn't screw up this villain too.

Hope not. We've already seen in gotg that it was the 4 forces (death, eternity, infinity, entropy) that created the gems. They should have their place. Whether Thanos has any affection for anyone will be up to marvel. He could just want power.

Have an easter egg at the end of credits where hella is kneeling before death telling her the outcome. Death can then talk about thanos and his plans.

Last edited:
Was sure we were getting Amora this time around, but hey.

Love that concept art. I'm sure Blanchett will be great if the script and direction are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"