Changes you WANT to see. (Book Spoilers)

Prince Oberyn live.

:o

Since that is not happening I would like to see as little of the Kingsmoot as possible. If you have read the book, you know what I am saying. Also, the Tyrion river voyage can be cut.

Prince Oberyn live.

:o

Since that is not happening I would like to see as little of the Kingsmoot as possible. If you have read the book, you know what I am saying. Also, the Tyrion river voyage can be cut.

Only if you can find some other way to show the Old Man of the River. I want to see that giant turtle.

And I think that Victarion serves a greater purpose too beyond bringing Dany back to Westeros, as a thematic opposite and enemy to his brother and what is likely our first POV of a (fire) Wight. All three of them represent a magical force in the world. I think they're probably more important than the Martells.

I always think of them as Red Walkers. :dry:

So, this would be a pretty major change but given D&D's recent comments on how there will be more unexpected characters killed off in Season 5 I'm starting to convince myself that...

Cersei will have Margaery killed and that's why she's arrested by the Faith.

It always seemed a little weird to me that GRRM would lock up BOTH queens but only really focus on one. We still don't know what will happen to Margaery, but I'm willing to bet she won't make it out of TWOW alive, prompting the Tyrells to jump ship or, if the Grand Tyrell Conspiracy proves accurate, move forward with their big plan. We've already had foreshadowing to Cersei wanting her killed twice; when she was telling her about House Reyne and how she would have her "strangled in her sleep" if she called her sister in Season 3, and then Margaery actually calling her sister in Season 4. Sure, it would be a big deviation from the books but a welcome one in my book and from what we already know it would probably have the same outcome as Margaery's book fate.

I can't remember the exact details for Cersei's arrest in AFFC. Something to do with lying about Margaery's virginity? idk. It definitely seemed very wishy-washy at the time and strange that Kevan or Tommen didn't order her to be released. Like, she's crazy and regularly ****s things up but she's still a Lannister and the Queen Regent. By showing that she sends someone to kill Margaery (one of the Kettlebacks if they're finally introduced?) and they succeed it provides a clearer reason for the audience on her arrest and how jealous and cray cray she is.

A very, very streamlined trip for Tyrion to Meereen. I am talking no Jon Cunningham and Little Griff or whatever his name was, much less Volantis, and no sea turtles.

I also think Brienne and her journey needs to change dramatically. One thing that I hope they keep is Jaime taking Riverrun. It is important for his character that he is doing good, charitable, and peaceful things, not only for his vow to Cat (which will be ironic with what is coming), but because it builds him up of finally trying to be a good night.

Maybe actually see what happens to Loras would be nice too.

Constant and multi-perspective build up of the Battle for Winterfell. The Boltons already have claimed the castle in the series, and the show's improved Stannis's standing and prospects early as well with the Iron Bank's endorsement and his acceptance of mercenaries into the fold, so both sides should almost immediately start gearing up for this confrontation. Since Jon's election is likely to take place early into Season Five, I see the offer of Winterfell by Stannis being the first real mention of the impending conflict, and for it to be given even more focus than in the book.

And I'm talking having Roose expressing some trepidation at Stannis resurgence in his kingdom and coaching Cersei's refutation of the Bank as being tied directly to their support of Stannis. It's still a sign of her arrogant madness, but it seems more logical if incredibly foolish.

Also, unless Skagos has some huge and awesome surprises packed into it in the books, they should be cut.

A very, very streamlined trip for Tyrion to Meereen. I am talking no Jon Cunningham and Little Griff or whatever his name was, much less Volantis, and no sea turtles.

I also think Brienne and her journey needs to change dramatically. One thing that I hope they keep is Jaime taking Riverrun. It is important for his character that he is doing good, charitable, and peaceful things, not only for his vow to Cat (which will be ironic with what is coming), but because it builds him up of finally trying to be a good night.

Jon Connington and Young Griff will defintely be included. They're major parts of both Tyrion's story and the story as a whole.

And arguably, with Varys now accompanying our dear Half-Man, we'll get a better introduction and breakdown of both characters and their individual legality. Tyrion really just needs to get separated from the group to end up in Mereen, so maybe he's actually helping Varys get fAegon in gear.

I don't see how they could not have Little Griff, given that it seems he's going to have some major effects on the overall plot. I agree that you don't need to have Tyrion on the river too long though.

Also, Hyde, that's an interesting theory. If it turns out Margery is in fact killed by the end of this whole faith prosecution thing, then I could see them going that way, but if she isn't, it probably wouldn't work.

I'm actually wondering how Cersei's "walk of shame" is going to be handled, if only because we haven't seen her character nude on the show once yet, and I wasn't sure if the actress had decided on a no nudity clause. I mean, we know she's gotten naked before (300), but if she decided she no longer wanted to bare some skin, that would definitely change her walk scene.

And arguably, with Varys now accompanying our dear Half-Man, we'll get a better introduction and breakdown of both characters and their individual legality. Tyrion really just needs to get separated from the group to end up in Mereen, so maybe he's actually helping Varys get fAegon in gear.

I think there'll be a lot of streamlining with Tyrion's story, though. Maybe cut down his journey around the Free Cities and have him meet up with Penny and maybe Jorah straight off the bat on the same boat that's carrying JonCon and Aegon. I have a feeling Dazak's Pit is going to be E010 or maybe E09, because ending the season on Dany riding away on Drogon is something that the writers will probably want to include. But then Tyrion joining the Second Sons would have to be pushed to early Season 6. It's difficult to predict really, because if you change the timing of one event then it has a knock-on effect on others, or means that their arc isn't finished. For example delaying Stannis' arrival to E010 this season rather than ending E09 with it meant that there wasn't enough time to show Jon becoming Lord Commander.

And yeah, I think Margaery will be killed. We already know more about Cersei's plus she has a champion in the Mou- Robert Strong. We know nothing about Margaery's. I don't know how it's all exactly going to play out, but I'm convinced that Margaery isn't going to make it out alive. Throughout the War of Five Kings, the Tyrells have only been backing the parties with the best chance; first Renly, because he had 100,000 men which was infinitely more than Stannis or Robb or Joffrey, and then obviously King's Landing because Tywin swooped in and started getting everyone's **** together. If they decide that backing Dany or Aegon (or both) is the way to go, they'll jump ship, and considering they're already in a strained relationship with the Queen Regent having Margaery killed/executed will be the final breaking point.

I really hope they keep Cersei's Walk of Shame, and I'm pretty certain they will. It's such a major part of her character and is the final nail in the coffin for her and her regency. Hopefully she'll be naked, not just because of manly urges but because it makes sense and is even more degrading that way. However I don't think she'll shave off her hair, but it would be pretty shocking if they went through with that.

Last edited:
The meat of Tyrion's journey is that we get an eye into how the prophecies of the chosen hero affect Essos. All they need do is have the company pass through Volantis and the other cities from Tyrion's book journey. Then separate them whenever. Maybe Jorah learns about Aegon and plans to use that intel, along with Tyrion, to earn his way back into her good graces.

I don't want to see Margaery killed off. The show improved a lot on her character and Natalie Dormer has been excellent. If they are going to kill her off, let it at least not be at the hands of Cersei. A more idiotic and unlikeable character is hard to find at this point and I don't want to see her win over Margaery. :csad:

As for changes I do want? Well, I want to see them do more with Mance's character. What we got in the book hasn't been very exciting.

A change I wouldn't mind seeing is that it would be cool if Bran sees some important historical events. The one that came to mind first was the Tower of Joy, just because the show hasn't explained too much into what happened there. I'd also love to see the fight between Robert and Rhaegar.

This would be possible as, unlike in the books, Bran seems to be able to have visions in places where there is no heart tree, such as when he sees Ned in the black cells. This would be a way of doing "flashbacks", whilst showing the viewers some more of what Bran can do. It would be a good way of introducing the whole thing of Bran seeing visions from the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"