Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

I wonder how powerful and menacing Gorr will be. If we go by the comics, He should make all the villains so far look pretty small. And no, I'm not including Thanos with all the infinity stones whcih can erase half of the universe.

I wonder how powerful and menacing Gorr will be. If we go by the comics, He should make all the villains so far look pretty small. And no, I'm not including Thanos with all the infinity stones whcih can erase half of the universe.

Well, Hela was pretty OP so Gorr has got a lot to do to surpass her. That being said, the Thor he'll be facing will be more powerful than the one Hela fought since he now has Stormbreaker, and when you add in Jane-Thor as well, he had better be packing a serious punch.

Well, Hela was pretty OP so Gorr has got a lot to do to surpass her. That being said, the Thor he'll be facing will be more powerful than the one Hela fought since he now has Stormbreaker, and when you add in Jane-Thor as well, he had better be packing a serious punch.

I get what you're saying. What I'm talking about is based on the comics.

Hela is one of the most powerful godesses, commanding an entire realm. Gorr, on the other hand, was capable to kill entire pantheons, destroy giant gods who wrestled black wholes "for fun", not to mention that he was capable of getting the best of three Thors, one of them being a skyfather with the odinforce/thorforce.

By the end of time, He was dominating the whole universe with his Necrosword.

So, if at least a part/fraction of it translates to the movie, the difference of power between him and Hela would be huge, even bigger than the difference between her power and Thor's as we've seen in Ragnarok.

I get what you're saying. What I'm talking about is based on the comics.

Hela is one of the most powerful godesses, commanding an entire realm. Gorr, on the other hand, was capable to kill entire pantheons, destroy giant gods who wrestled black wholes "for fun", not to mention that he was capable of getting the best of three Thors, one of them being a skyfather with the odinforce/thorforce.

By the end of time, He was dominating the whole universe with his Necrosword.

So, if at least a part/fraction of it translates to the movie, the difference of power between him and Hela would be huge, even bigger than the difference between her power and Thor's as we've seen in Ragnarok.

For sure, Gorr needs to be very powerful. Powerful enough to fight Thor, Jane-Thor, Valkyrie and Zeus at the same time.

For sure, Gorr needs to be very powerful. Powerful enough to fight Thor, Jane-Thor, Valkyrie and Zeus at the same time.

Now imagine if something like this happens. It could be one of the most (if not the most) moments in a comic book movie!

Now imagine if something like this happens. It could be one of the most (if not the most) moments in a comic book movie!

Well, I think topping the Portals scene in EG would be tough. But it could rival the Immigrant Song scene on the Rainbow Bridge in Ragnarok and the entrance in Wakanda in IW for most awesome Thor moment.

An easy way to scale Gorr’s potential power level in the MCU.

1 - Gorr ?
2 - Odin / Zeus?
3 - Surtur
4 - Hela
5 - Thor

Lets theorize Zeus is on par with Odin, both are Skyfathers, both heads of their pantheons... if Zeus gets taken out by Gorr then Gorr instantly slots right up there in that pretty accurate ranking.

- Odin defeated Surtur, imprisioned Hela and striped Thor of his power.
- Prime Surtur defeated Hela.
- Hela defeated Ragnarok Thor.

IW Thor is now more powerful than before because of Stormbreaker. I still think Gorr is going to be a few levels above peak Stormbreaker Thor which would make sense.

I wonder when we will get our first look at Gorr? I honestly do feel that Bale will give us a spectacular performance.​

Christian Bale yesterday in Australia hanging out with Sasha Baron Cohen, Isla Fisher, Russel Crowe...

So he’s been filming now for roughly 1 month, the same amount of time Cate Blanchett filmed for Hela. So it’s not a stretch to say that Gorr’s role in TLT will be, at the very least, as big as Hela in Ragnarok... potentially playing an even bigger part.

42444468-9532461-image-a-53_1619865697283.jpg

Last edited:
An easy way to scale Gorr’s potential power level in the MCU.

1 - Gorr ?
2 - Odin / Zeus?
3 - Surtur
4 - Hela
5 - Thor

Lets theorize Zeus is on par with Odin, both are Skyfathers, both heads of their pantheons... if Zeus gets taken out by Gorr then Gorr instantly slots right up there in that pretty accurate ranking.

- Odin defeated Surtur, imprisioned Hela and striped Thor of his power.
- Prime Surtur defeated Hela.
- Hela defeated Ragnarok Thor.

IW Thor is now more powerful than before because of Stormbreaker. I still think Gorr is going to be a few levels above peak Stormbreaker Thor which would make sense.

That's a good list. Skyfathers should give Gorr trouble, if we go by the comics themselves of course, but Gorr's power is immense with the Necrosword. I hope that maybe we can see "ascending" somehow to their level. It would be cool.

How long did Cate film again? It’s been on par so far, right?

How long did Cate film again? It’s been on par so far, right?
If i'm not mistaken Cate filmed 1 month for Ragnarok.
While Bale has been filming for 1 and a half months and counting.

I think TLT will be much more Gorr centric with clearly 1 defined and fleshed out antagonist.
Ragnarok had basically 3 villains, Hela, Surtur and The Grandmaster plus those morally grey characters like Loki, Skurge... and to a smaller extent Fenris who was another "boss" to contend with. All of them chipped away for a slice of the pie with Hela's character losing a bit of substance.

Now from what we know regarding TLT there's only Gorr and The Grandmaster. Of course Loki will show up in some capacity but i guess it will be more of a contained thing because he has his own show.

If i'm not mistaken Cate filmed 1 month for Ragnarok.
While Bale has been filming for 1 and a half months and counting.

I think TLT will be much more Gorr centric with clearly 1 defined and fleshed out antagonist.
Ragnarok had basically 3 villains, Hela, Surtur and The Grandmaster plus those morally grey characters like Loki, Skurge... and to a smaller extent Fenris who was another "boss" to contend with. All of them chipped away for a slice of the pie with Hela's character losing a bit of substance.

Now from what we know regarding TLT there's only Gorr and The Grandmaster. Of course Loki will show up in some capacity but i guess it will be more of a contained thing because he has his own show.
Great news. The day we get our first look at Gorr will be a glorious day.

More reliable info from the Spanish youtuber who has been right several times before.
- Previously he mentioned that Christian Bale had asked Marvel to use mostly make up/prosthetics for Gorr instead of CGI.
- Apparently Bale/Marvel also asked for a change in the facial appearance of Gorr in order to show more of Bale's face. Gorr became more human looking in order to let Bale emote and take fully advantage of his acting ability.

More reliable info from the Spanish youtuber who has been right several times before.
- Previously he mentioned that Christian Bale had asked Marvel to use mostly make up/prosthetics for Gorr instead of CGI.

I hope this isn't true.

I'll wait for the first image. I think it might look great, and considering Bale's acting skills, it could quite scary anyway.

According to the latest reports it does seem like where getting a more Bale looking Gorr. For those who feared we wouldn't recognize Bale and that they wouldn't take advantage of his acting prowess then i guess those fears can be put to rest. With some tweaks here and there it seems as though we shall be getting a version of this...

Gorr-the-God-Butcher.jpg

Because the first New Asgard set photos have surfaced showing plenty of destruction, i think there's going to be a big battle taking place there, probably in the third act and it will likely feature Gorr wrecking havoc. I have a feeling we might see our first glimpse of Bale's Gorr soon. Precisely in this area.

When i look at these pictures and how the set is built it gives me vibes of previous X-Men battles in the suburbs.

43258019-9603327-Thor_Love_and_Thunder_FIRST_LOOK_Aerial_photos_obtained_by_Daily-a-26_1621580776866.jpg

43258015-9603327-Town_The_structures_include_houses_a_pub_and_a_hotel_called_the_-a-29_1621580776873.jpg

Because the first New Asgard set photos have surfaced showing plenty of destruction, i think there's going to be a big battle taking place there, probably in the third act and it will likely feature Gorr wrecking havoc. I have a feeling we might see our first glimpse of Bale's Gorr soon. Precisely in this area.

When i look at these pictures and how the set is built it gives me vibes of previous X-Men battles in the suburbs.

Hopefully not this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"