Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

Someone mentioned previously that they would like to see Gorr's origin story in the film and i echo those words.
Gorr's origin is a tragic one and you almost can't help but cheer for him in the very beginning. At that point he's just a simple alien trying his best to live with his family in a inhospitable world.

Gorr's life was never easy and that molded his character. He almost never got a break and when he finally did, things went south quickly which basically became the catalyst for his villainous turn.

I don't expect them to spend too long establishing Gorr but if they manage to tell his early story in a compelling way he does become somewhat relatable and his actions gain a significant weight. That in itself adds value to the character other than just making him the next bad guy of the week.

Someone mentioned previously that they would like to see Gorr's origin story in the film and i echo those words.
Gorr's origin is a tragic one and you almost can't help but cheer for him in the very beginning. At that point he's just a simple alien trying his best to live with his family in a inhospitable world.

You could almost say he's just a:

maxresdefault.jpg

All joking aside, while Gorr's origin is great, they might want to alter it slightly, as audiences might find him to be a bit too similar to Thanos due to them both being motivated to commit their evil deeds by watching their respective planets be destroyed and rendered inhospitable wastelands.

There's also the whole issue that "gods" don't really exist in the MCU in the way that they do in the comics. Like, there aren't the multiple pantheons of divine beings. There's just the Asgardians and even then the MCU has prevaricated on whether or not they actually are gods. So it'd probably be better to make Gorr have a grudge with the Asgardians specifically, rather than with a whole bunch of "gods" we've never met before.

You could almost say he's just a:

All joking aside, while Gorr's origin is great, they might want to alter it slightly, as audiences might find him to be a bit too similar to Thanos due to them both being motivated to commit their evil deeds by watching their respective planets be destroyed and rendered inhospitable wastelands.

There's also the whole issue that "gods" don't really exist in the MCU in the way that they do in the comics. Like, there aren't the multiple pantheons of divine beings. There's just the Asgardians and even then the MCU has prevaricated on whether or not they actually are gods. So it'd probably be better to make Gorr have a grudge with the Asgardians specifically, rather than with a whole bunch of "gods" we've never met before.
There are some parallels between Thanos and Gorr but their origins and what motivated them to turn villainous are substantially different. Gorr's journey is much more personal.

Regarding the issue with the gods angle. While the MCU was reluctant at first to classify the asgardians as that, now things have clearly changed and we've gotten to the point where Thor, Hela... where basically called and established as gods in Ragnarok. Not all asgardians are gods though but the royal asgardian family is now clearly categorized as that.

(While there isn't multiple pantheons that can be easily course corrected. In the Gorr's story, if i'm not mistaken, they didn't mention or showed any of the "earth" pantheons either. They took all type of unknown gods from around the universe and the same can be done here.)

Having said that i do agree that Gorr having a "bone to pick" specifically with the asgardians makes the most sense and basically streamlines everything. In a way it also parallels the comic. They could shave off the other pantheons from the story and for example focus on Odin and Hela's conquest of the 9 realms and how that could've originated Gorr's own story.

EDIT: Also Gorr's story is interconnected with time travel shenaningans and i could see that also being the case in TLT. If they're really going all in with the whole multiverse, different realities sort of situation then, like in the comics, Gorr could be also jumping through time and space.

Last edited:
@HammerDown it was me who was asking for Gorr's back story as I have just read the comics for the first time, I think they could reduce it to fit in with a movie kind of like they did with Valkyrie and Hela's backstory in Ragnarok.

Heck after reading the Aaron run I wouldn't mind Malekith returning at some point either.

@HammerDown it was me who was asking for Gorr's back story as I have just read the comics for the first time, I think they could reduce it to fit in with a movie kind of like they did with Valkyrie and Hela's backstory in Ragnarok.

Heck after reading the Aaron run I wouldn't mind Malekith returning at some point either.

Well, Eccleston actually said he might be willing to come back as Malekith so long as he got to work with Taika:

Christopher Eccleston Would Return As Thor Villain (But Only With Raganrok Team)

Comic Malekith is great but I can see why they changed him in the MCU. He is a little similar to Loki (when Loki is a full on villain). Comic Malekith is a sadistic magic wielding manipulator who lusts after power. Movie Malekith was played straightforward and less theatrical/eccentric than his comic counterpart.

Just recently came across this incredible Youtube page where they voice comic books.
Not only do they narrate, but they also voice every character expertly and even add sound effects. I must say it's truly amazing to experience comics this way, what a great job they do, it's so well done and so cool to see it come to life like that.

I think Gorr and Thor (specifically Old King Thor) voices are the biggest stand out to me. To a same degree i think the overall use of sound effects is pretty top notch too. I love this stuff.

200.gif

Last edited:
Margot Robbie just wrapped up filming the Russell film so it’s very likely that Bale is done as well and will soon be headed down under.

Just recently came across this incredible Youtube page where they voice comic books.
Not only do they narrate, but they also voice every character expertly and even add sound effects. I must say it's truly amazing to experience comics this way, what a great job they do, it's so well done and so cool to see it come to life like that.

I think Gorr and Thor (specifically Old King Thor) voices are the biggest stand out to me. To a same degree i think the overall use of sound effects is pretty top notch too. I love this stuff.

200.gif

That sounds awesome. I love audiobooks so I would be all over this.

That sounds awesome. I love audiobooks so I would be all over this.
Please do check it out and give me some feedback afterwards. I absolutely loved it.
What a way to experience comic books, specially ones as great as this... top notch stuff from fans.

Please do check it out and give me some feedback afterwards. I absolutely loved it.
What a way to experience comic books, specially ones as great as this... top notch stuff from fans.
I already read through/watched a few! I wish all comic books were available in this format. I will watch every single one they put up on that channel. Thanks a lot for finding and recommending this. The whole thing sounds very professional and there's great voice acting and sound effects, plus those Thor comics were a great place to start. :up:

From a legit guy, the same that first revealed Russel Crowe’s casting in TLT. Great news for those that where not sure we’d be getting that full Bale performance. As theorized and rumored before, Gorr could eventually get more and more monstrous as the character evolves and is consumed by the power of the All Black Necrosword.

EXCLUSIVE Christian Bale has already started shooting as Gorr. According to my source, the actor asked Marvel to use very little CGI or NOTHING with his character, so Gorr's appearance will be mostly with makeup.

I was kinda hoping to actually see Bale. Plus we know Bale has no reservations about changing his appearance.

I'm curious and excited to see Bale's interpretation of Gorr.
Hopefully they can deliver a truly great villain that boosts the movie narrative in a relevant and impactful way. Gorr's backstory adds depth to the character and fuels his motivation. There's enough there to make him a good villain and not just a run of the mill bad guy.

When i think of what they can do with Gorr i also look at what they did with Hela in Ragnarok. For the record i loved Hela but i do understand some of the criticism regarding her. They went the femme fatale route, she looked freaking great, a badass, powerful and ruthless villain. Having said that, there was something lacking, maybe a few scenes with her and Odin and a more nuanced approached to her personal motivations would have turned her into the complete package.

I also thought about how much i liked Ultron in the trailers. I thought he was so cool. He looked and sounded great but then the execution in the movie itself was kind of a muddled mess. It was so unfortunate to loose what looked like a great concept at first.

I wanna see a well rounded villain. One that looks cool, sounds menacing and has a proper backstory/motivation.

An interesting idea would be to give Gorr flashbacks throughout the movie, maybe he keeps on seeing and remembering his family, that would refresh/fuel his motivation giving the audience something to latch on to. In a way it would be not so dissimilar to what actually happens in the comics. His family is a huge anchor to his motivation, from the begining to the very end.

And similar to the comics Gorr doesn't need to go out in a big bombastic way, i mean sure there's pretty of epic stuff leading to his demise(and i would love to see it) but Gorr's very end can be quite personal and contained which also adds depth to the characters journey.

Taking into consideration all the rumors regarding Gorr and Bale's apparent ongoing transformation it does seem like the character will be a blend of make up and probably prosthetics at the start and then move to a more CGI polished version later on. I would like to mention also that Bale also seems to be woking on his physique as well which also lines up with how the character of Gorr looks, which evolves into kind of a thin muscular look...

As we can see in the image below it doesn't need much to make a cool looking character while still mantaining some of the actor facial traits. Something around these lines but with a bit more prostethics and make up.

Gorr-the-God-Butcher.jpg

The tweet is a bit dramatic but the pic with the guys wearing Marvel and DC shirts is nice:

I like how according to the Daily Mail, Christian Bale with a shaved head is "unrecognizable".

The Daily Mail has never exactly been known for the understatement of its headlines. Just check out this one from 1934:

th

(The Blackshirts was the unofficial name of Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"