Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

I just looked up how Gorr looks like in comics out of curiosity (I know... sorry, not a comics fan here), and it seems Bale will have to have heavy makeup to make him unrecognizable to be comic accurate. I thought it could be difficult for him to act and a waste of casting a big name without his face showing? At least for Thanos there are still traces of Brolin and you can see how he emotes. Or are they going to tweak a bit how Gorr will look in the move but risks the wrath of comic fans? It would be interesting to see how it turns out in any case....
There where rumors a while back that Gorr’s facial appearance was going to change throughout the film, going from more “human” looking to more monstrous as the film would progress. Besides Gorr’s look is kind of human looking and not that alien.

Having said that I see them using some prosthetics and make up at first and then probably using a blend of motion and facial capture later on.

There where rumors a while back that Gorr’s facial appearance was going to change throughout the film, going from more “human” looking to more monstrous as the film would progress. Besides Gorr’s look is kind of human looking and not that alien.

Having said that I see them using some prosthetics and make up at first and then probably using a blend of motion and facial capture later on.

I think Gorr is still pretty distinctly alien as he doesn't really have a nose, and his nostrils are almost at eye level. Most beings in GotG tend to have more human faces than that. But going from a more human face to gradually becoming more alien could be a cool way to represent how the Necrosword takes him over more and more in the comics.

I think Gorr is still pretty distinctly alien as he doesn't really have a nose, and his nostrils are almost at eye level. Most beings in GotG tend to have more human faces than that. But going from a more human face to gradually becoming more alien could be a cool way to represent how the Necrosword takes him over more and more in the comics.
Yeh he’s alien but you can still “connect” with him, I mean he still has those human features, the eyes, face, mouth, head, body, 4 limbs... it’s not like he’s a beast or animal looking.

Specially in the very beginning when we encounter him and his family in their planet. Then later on he’s more beast looking, with some of his facial and body features becoming more exaggerated and evil looking because of what we could speculate is the influence and power of the necrosword.

And that gradual transformation like you said is something which could really work, making us care for him more early in but then seeing his transformation and actions could really drive the point home his villainous role.

Gorr’s look is not that far off from Lord Voldemort. This to say that Bale can still emote well even with some prosthetics. The mocap can also do a lot of heavy-lifting if they decide to turn him more monstrous.

lord.jpg

Yeh he’s alien but you can still “connect” with him, I mean he still has those human features, the eyes, face, mouth, head, body, 4 limbs... it’s not like he’s a beast or animal looking.

Specially in the very beginning when we encounter him and his family in their planet. Then later on he’s more beast looking, with some of his facial and body features becoming more exaggerated and evil looking because of what we could speculate is the influence and power of the necrosword.

And that gradual transformation like you said is something which could really work, making us care for him more early in but then seeing his transformation and actions could really drive the point home his villainous role.

Ah, I get your meaning. Yes, there is certainly enough of Gorr that is close enough to show Bale through it, regardless whether they would go with prosthetics or pure CGI. The latter is more likely but we've seen how much acting Marvel can get done through such means.

At first I thought it was Korbin(BRB) but Gorr’s homeworld is also a good guess. Even though I thought Gorr’s planet was much more barren and desert looking.

Yeah I think they will have him on set with facial prosthetics and then add CG visual effects to give him more emotion and expression.

Definitely the possibility of working with Taika.

Also I don’t think is that hard to be sold on Gorr either, just looking at those comics he’s featured in would be enough to get someone interested. Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic created something very special. The art on those pages is so striking.

That run is one of the best I’ve read in years. If you haven’t read Gorr’s origin I can’t recommend it enough,

Very curious to see what Bale does with this. I think he’s gonna look similar to Davey Jones from POTC with the tendrils.

Seems like they’re adding some color to that desert looking set, looks like some debris... not that far off from what we saw in Sakaar.

I have the Aaron run/Gorr comics there to read and I am going to make a start on them soon.

From what little I know of the character though Bale could really shine as him as he is an awesome actor.

I have the Aaron run/Gorr comics there to read and I am going to make a start on them soon.

From what little I know of the character though Bale could really shine as him as he is an awesome actor.
Hope you enjoy it. Give us some feedback afterwards. I thinks it’s a really cool run, the Gorr one, the art specifically is pretty epic.

Hope you enjoy it. Give us some feedback afterwards. I thinks it’s a really cool run, the Gorr one, the art specifically is pretty epic.

Will do but 4 books might take me a while Lol.

I haven’t read a huge amount of Thor comics but I have read a few over the years.

If Gorr really does end up wielding the necrosword, could that be a sort of gateway to the symbiotes?

Christian Bale has been filming the David O Russell new film for roughly 1 month. Can’t wait to see him on set for TLT.

I wonder if we’ll even see his character on earth or all his scenes will be in space and done on closed sets?

Last edited:
I wonder if we’ll even see his character on earth or all his scenes will be in space and done on closed sets?
New Asgard, the remaining asgardians, Valkyrie, Korg, Miek, Jane Foster... are all still on earth so I’d say that at some point Gorr should be coming down on them since I expect them to be a substantial part of the movie.

For the most part I think Gorr is gonna be filmed on closed sets... but at some point we should be seeing Bale wearing, what I would assume, the motion capture suit, the facial dots and maybe even prosthetics.

Bale looks like he lost weight again. :argh:

Not Twitter circulating the Bale/Portman Knight of Cups BTS pics as set pics for Thor. :doh:

New Asgard, the remaining asgardians, Valkyrie, Korg, Miek, Jane Foster... are all still on earth so I’d say that at some point Gorr should be coming down on them since I expect them to be a substantial part of the movie.

For the most part I think Gorr is gonna be filmed on closed sets... but at some point we should be seeing Bale wearing, what I would assume, the motion capture suit, the facial dots and maybe even prosthetics.
Exactly what I'm thinking.

Just reading Aaron’s run and man do I hope we get Gorr’s backstory and his first encounter with a younger Thor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"