Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

Yeh his backstory is essential to understand his quest and to a point understand and sort of simpatize with his motives… that is until he completely goes off the rails later on. Still if his backstory is done right I think people will sort of feel conflicted with his actions which adds to the overall depth and quality of the character/villain.

There’s a specific moment in the comic where he travesses a desert with his son that is specially tragic.

Speaking of which, it'd be pretty amazing if they featured his son and wife in the movie. My personal theory has been that Lena Headey could be playing Ms. Gorr.

Really hope this isn't just marketing hype:

giphy.gif

Gorr has some impressive moves against an accomplished fighter like Valkyrie nonetheless. I noticed his extremely agile and fast even though he fights with a giant sword. I hope we see some cool moves from him and also from the All Black as well.

5da5b8bddcb06eefe3f3076052c5b202e0062cd5.gif

Last edited:
Gorr has some impressive moves against an accomplished fighter like Valkyrie nonetheless. I noticed his extremely agile and fast even though he fights with a giant sword. I hope we see some cool moves from him and also from the All Black as well.

5da5b8bddcb06eefe3f3076052c5b202e0062cd5.gif
This is an awesome gif and gives me faith that they’ve upgraded Valkyrie as I had been asking for. She looks like she will be much more obviously useful in combat here and a big help to the Thors. As you say Gorr has crazy agility and speed which is great to see.

When we finally get his theme in the film, I hope Michael Giacchino gives us something kind of along these lines:

Simple and driven, yet intense, unnerving and haunting. Notes and chords repeating to drive home that he won’t stop until his quest is complete, and judgment is coming for you next.

When we finally get his theme in the film, I hope Michael Giacchino gives us something kind of along these lines:

Simple and driven, yet intense, unnerving and haunting. Notes and chords repeating to drive home that he won’t stop until his quest is complete, and judgment is coming for you next.

The third one would be perfect for Gorr. Sinister and menacing, but with a hint of the tragedy that underlies his actions.

Yeh his backstory is essential to understand his quest and to a point understand and sort of simpatize with his motives… that is until he completely goes off the rails later on. Still if his backstory is done right I think people will sort of feel conflicted with his actions which adds to the overall depth and quality of the character/villain.

There’s a specific moment in the comic where he travesses a desert with his son that is specially tragic.

I think Galactus The Butcher of Worlds was eventually eaten by Ego if I’m not mistaken. That King Thor run was pretty epic too, the artwork is incredible.

ee2e0e80de15feb16c234fd28dbae7f5.jpg

Wow good stuff is there a TPB which covers the Ego and All Black Galactus stuff?

Wow good stuff is there a TPB which covers the Ego and All Black Galactus stuff?
Don’t think so. That stuff with them both was like just a panel in the comic if I’m not mistaken and then Loki somehow gets his hands on the All Black right after that, which I think leads into the final King Thor comics with Loki and Gorr which are, once again, as epic as they come…

Absolutely love that King Thor comic and how it ends. The comics featuring Gorr are incredible.

Don’t think so. That stuff with them both was like just a panel in the comic if I’m not mistaken and then Loki somehow gets his hands on the All Black right after that, which I think leads into the final King Thor comics with Loki and Gorr which are, once again, as epic as they come…

Absolutely love that King Thor comic and how it ends. The comics featuring Gorr are incredible.

Oh wow so does Gorr come back at some point? Shame as that world Butcher stuff sounded really intriguing especially after King Thor fed it to Galactus himself.

Oh wow so does Gorr come back at some point? Shame as that world Butcher stuff sounded really intriguing especially after King Thor fed it to Galactus himself.
Yeh he eventually does because of Loki’s desire to kill Thor which he thinks he can finally accomplish with the power of the All Black.

The thing is that Old King Thor is no joke and he’s both extremely powerful and resilient. So yeh, Thor and Loki go at it once again with Thor never giving up on his brother, Gorr then comes into play and retakes the All Black wrecking both OKT and Loki in the process. Gorr basically takes over the universe at that point with only Thor and Loki left.

Eventually and at the very end, Loki’s thirst for Thor’s demise is overcome by the realization that Thor truly loves him and will never give up on him. This is then coupled with some incredible narration when both Thor and Loki are dying while taking on Gorr, Loki then basically tells Gorr and us the audience that Thor is the ultimate god and OKT gathers every ounce of his power to take down Gorr once and for all while sacrificing himself for the life of the universe.

It’s incredible stuff really. The art and writing perfectly compliment Thor’s ultimate journey.

main-qimg-87428a78a89a930f0e64b9e154b95b96-lq

Last edited:
Yeh he eventually does because of Loki’s desire to kill Thor which he thinks he can finally accomplish with the power of the All Black.

The thing is that Old King Thor is no joke and he’s both extremely powerful and resilient. So yeh, Thor and Loki go at it once again with Thor never giving up on his brother, Gorr then comes into play and retakes the All Black wrecking both OKT and Loki in the process. Gorr basically takes over the universe at that point with only Thor and Loki left.

Eventually and at the very end, Loki’s thirst for Thor’s demise is overcome by the realization that Thor truly loves him and will never give up on him. This is then coupled with some incredible narration when both Thor and Loki are dying while taking on Gorr, Loki then basically tells Gorr and us the audience that Thor is the ultimate god and OKT gathers every ounce of his power to take down Gorr once and for all while sacrificing himself for the life of the universe.

It’s incredible stuff really. The art and writing perfectly compliment Thor’s ultimate journey.

Thanks buddy that all sound so great. Didn’t think Gorr would come back but not surprised they did so as he has established himself as a big Thor villain.

This feels like the kind of movie Marvel could make in 30 years, when Hemsworth and Hiddleston have aged into their older selves.

If they do Gorr even half as good as they did in the comics then we are in for a treat, I hope Gorr makes his godbomb in the film as well.

And of course I hope Thor absorbs it like he does in the comics as well.

Bale is going to be so freaking good as Gorr and I can’t wait to see him in action. He’s coming for that “Best MCU Villain” crown. Also that battle vs Thor is looking insanely cool.

Thor: Love & Thunder Will Have You Rooting For Gorr the God Butcher

Hemsworth: "[Bale brings to Gorr] exactly what you'd want, hope, and expect. Nuance, complexity, depth, a sort of quirkiness to it which I didn't see on the page. With any sort of classic villain, the fact that you find yourself empathizing or asking questions that they're asking or ideas that they're posing. It's not stock standard evil villain."

Thompson: "You like root for them sometimes, for him sometimes."

Hemsworth: "Which is great when you're playing the hero and everyone's rooting for the villain."

Waiititi: "I'd say he's the most sympathetic villain they've had. He's also tested the highest out of any villain that Marvel's had."

Thompson: "It's also the thing that Stan Lee talked about, right? Which is that your trauma is the thing both that makes you a superhero and a villain. Right? It's just in the case of a villain it's unchecked. That your source of pain is what manifests into your villainy. And I think he captures that so well. And he's also just so surprising, y'know? He just would make choices that you'd be like, 'Oh?' Just so fun to watch, and such dexterity, and also what he did with his body, and he's really in it in the way that you would assume Christian is, but he also has a sense of humor about it."

I hope Gorr has actual powers other than just fighting with the necrosword. I hope he can use the all black to attack you from a distance and create constructs from the all black. Things like that giant serpent Old King Thor fought and creating armor for himself like in the battle against the three Thor's.

Last edited:
I hope Gorr has actual powers other than just fighting with the necrosword. I hope he can use the all black to attack you from a distance and create constructs from the all black, like that giant serpent Old King Thor fought and creating armor for himself like in the battle against the three Thor's.
Yes, agreed. That would make the battles much more dynamic.

Behind the scenes look at Christian Bale from TLT.

I hope Gorr has actual powers other than just fighting with the necrosword. I hope he can use the all black to attack you from a distance and create constructs from the all black, like that giant serpent Old King Thor fought and creating armor for himself like in the battle against the three Thor's.

He certainly has the power of desaturation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"