Guardians of the Galaxy Chukwudi Iwuji is High Evolutionary

I mean, that's my assumption, yeah. It's possible there isn't a Big Bad, per se, but I do think he's the antagonist. My suspicion is he'll be connected to Rocket's origins in the MCU as well.

Best MCU villain in a long time. I wonder if this is what they had in mind for Kang. A true mad scientist.

Gee Gunn wasn’t lying when he said Chukwudi would steal the job. What a phenomenal actor. Easily the best villain of phase 4
We're in Phase 5 now, and since the only competition is Kang and MODOK in Quantumania the bar was pretty low. :o

I'm so glad that Gunn didn't really try to make him someone with many redeeming qualities. Sometimes a good megalomaniac is all that's really needed, especially against a group that is trying to do good like the Guardians.

Somewhat disappointed they jettisoned his human scientist background. That could've added the dimension to make him a little more sympathetic, but whatever. They leaned into him being a megalomaniacal mad scientist, and that was fine.

I hope we haven't seen the last of High Evolutionary. I hope we do learn he was actually a human born on Earth.

This dude is a great actor.

Possibly a top 5 MCU villain.

For me he didn't need to be sympathetic, but I wish the role had more depth in it. To me he was just some generic one dimensional scientist. There was no compleXity to his character.

Best MCU villain in a long time. I wonder if this is what they had in mind for Kang. A true mad scientist.
There's a weird overlap between the two when it comes to powers and abilities, which is a bit unfortunate, imo.

Somewhat disappointed they jettisoned his human scientist background. That could've added the dimension to make him a little more sympathetic, but whatever. They leaned into him being a megalomaniacal mad scientist, and that was fine.

I'm fine with the choice here but given all the connections to Earth, it might have just made sense to say he was once a human. Arguably that would have raised questions that don't need answering in the MCU, but he lost his humanity a long time ago so it's technically irrelevant what planet he was from originally.

There's a weird overlap between the two when it comes to powers and abilities, which is a bit unfortunate, imo.

I'm fine with the choice here but given all the connections to Earth, it might have just made sense to say he was once a human. Arguably that would have raised questions that don't need answering in the MCU, but he lost his humanity a long time ago so it's technically irrelevant what planet he was from originally.

I think it would've made his quest for perfection a bit more relevant along with creating a whole planet called Counter-Earth, which the movie basically made a mix of Counter-Earth and Half-World from the comics.

The actor was so good at being evil.

Thought he was great, very hateable I wanted to strangle him a few times.

They were pretty vague about his fate. There's always a chance he could return.
He seemed like a 1 and done villain.

Anyway, I don't read comics aside from the X-Men. But I did see High Evolutionary in a X-Men story arc. I think it ran for 4 issues, that version looked pretty cool compare to what we got in this movie. The movie version looked like a regular guy in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"