Guardians of the Galaxy Chukwudi Iwuji is High Evolutionary

He seemed like a 1 and done villain.

Anyway, I don't read comics aside from the X-Men. But I did see High Evolutionary in a X-Men story arc. I think it ran for 4 issues, that version looked pretty cool compare to what we got in this movie. The movie version looked like a regular guy in comparison.

And yet Marvel is bringing back both Liv Tyler and Tim Blake Nelson from a movie that came out 15 years ago.

And yet Marvel is bringing back both Liv Tyler and Tim Blake Nelson from a movie that came out 15 years ago.
Betty Ross isn't a villain.

Leader had that little "moment" in The Incredible Hulk.

Unless I missed anything in Volume 3, he's dunzo.

Show me the body. No body. No death. No dunzo.
Gamora fatally stabbed him, his face was ripped off, and he was left to die on a ship that was about to explode in space. The High Evolutionary, or that particular version of him if we want to get multiversal, is gone.

It’s comics. No one is ever really dead.

Major props to Iwuji just for taking the role. I mean, here you are, up for a role as the Big Bad in a Marvel movie and you’re like, cool, what awesome evil stuff am I up to? Selling weapons to terrorists? Killing gods? Murdering half the universe?

No Iwuji, you’re gonna kick puppies. And other small, cute furry animals. A lot. That’s you whole character. Kicking puppies.

I mean, it works. Everyone is gonna totally hate you. But it’s kind of a cheat. Like, I could have done that. Probably for less money. (Call me, Marvel!)

In the few moments he got to actually be not-puppy-kicker, like his conversation with little Rocket, I thought he was excellent and I have to wonder what he could have brought to a more well-rounded role. I wouldn’t mind seeing him again.

Gamora fatally stabbed him, his face was ripped off, and he was left to die on a ship that was about to explode in space. The High Evolutionary, or that particular version of him if we want to get multiversal, is gone.

He's not dead. One of the effects artist even said Drax was carrying his body off the ship. Who said he was fatally stabbed? Not James Gunn.

He's not dead. One of the effects artist even said Drax was carrying his body off the ship. Who said he was fatally stabbed? Not James Gunn.
Yeah I saw Gunn confirm it the other week. So he's confirmed to be alive then. From a storytelling perspective so dumb, especially when you look at the body count the Guardians have racked up over the years and THIS GUY is the one they choose not to kill? "Bringing him back" by High Evolutionary being revealed to be a Kang variant so they can replace Jonathan Majors with Chukwudi Iwuji is less farfetched than that.

For me he was the best mad scientist villain in a superhero movie in a long time.

Far more enjoyable than Zola, Darren Cross, Snyderverse Lex Luthor and so on.

It was nice to have a non sympathetic villain as well. Not every villain needs to be redeemable. High Evolutionary thought what he was doing was right like Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"