Guardians of the Galaxy Who should be th villain in Vol. 3

Chris B

Sidekick
Reaction score
So we know based on the end credits in Vol. 2 that...

Ayesha and the Sovereign will be back, along with Adam Warlock being introduced.

But I feel that there needs to be someone in addition to that.

I know Gunn has mentioned wanting to use Annihilus, though obviously he's at Fox, but maybe they can work something out. The High Evolutionary strikes me as interesting possibility and would have some relevance in regards to the scene in question.

Adam Warlock like is it even a question

So who is off-limits by the Fox agreement?

That much needs to be figured out.

It totally sucks that Silver Surfer will never be involved in these movies. He would have a great interaction with the guardians.

I will be curious to see what direction they go in with Adam Warlock and if they will bring in Magus at all.

I think the right type of Adam Warlock story could surpass the original if they play their cards right.

GotG: Ronan (2014)
GotGv2: Ego (2017)
GotGv3: Magus (2020)
Guardians 3000: Kang (2022)
Nova: Kree/Skrulls (2023)
Guardians crossover: Korvac (2025)

Last edited:
GotG: Ronan (2014)
GotGv2: Ego (2017)
GotGv3: Magus (2020)
Guardians 3000: Kang (2022)
Nova: Kree/Skrulls (2023)
Guardians crossover: Korvac (2025)
Nice ideas. Although I feel like Korvac could be an Avengers/cosmic crossover like Infinity War rather than just a cosmic crossover.

I'm honestly wondering if we see a glimpse of Ayesha and Adam in IFW before Vol. 3 as a precursor to Thanos.

Ayesha well she is still alive with Adam Warlock as another villain for them to contend with

Warlock will be a villain until he actually gets to know the Guardians. He is being forced one sided knowledge by Ayesha.

If he's anything like the circumstances and comic origin suggest, he probably won't exactly be a *friend*, even once things work out. The GotG are. . . very lawless, very chaotic, very impulsive. Adam Warlock is ( mostly ) heroic, but he's pretty dang lawful. . . and having his origin be amongst the Sovereign supports this further.

So who is off-limits by the Fox agreement?

That much needs to be figured out.

It totally sucks that Silver Surfer will never be involved in these movies. He would have a great interaction with the guardians.

Surfer and Galactus are the most obvious - still don't understand why a Thor character like EGO was an issue...not being able to use Kang seems silly since he's chiefly an Avengers villain, but I guess at some point he was tied into Reed Richards if that is still cannon...

Venom symbiote, and the Guardians of the Galaxy can transport the Venom symbiote to Earth for it to latch to Spider-Man for the rest of Venom's origin story

Meh, a symbiote would be a fairly lame and unthematic villain for a Guardians movie.

Wouldn't mind Warlock (Magus).
Ayesha and her gold folk would need a major step up for me to enjoy them more.

Wouldn't mind Warlock (Magus).
Ayesha and her gold folk would need a major step up for me to enjoy them more.

I agree. I have an old reprinted Warlock from 1975 (Starlin art and story) where Magus reveals his backstory to Warlock, it's awesome.

I think Magus/ Warlock would be a good villain - although the Starlin story is worthy of its own film, as is the character.

Ultimately, I feel we need a big bad who's not quite Thanos, but nearly as bad - or alternatively the skrulls or badoon.

0540064113a15b33e92ac2b830fa852b.jpg

Yeah there needs to be someone other than Adam Warlock who will turn good at some point. Magus seems the obvious choice but it would be nice to see someone like Blastaar also.

Let's see.

Adam Warlock is likely to appear. That means it's almost certain to be Magus and Matriarch for a combination of the 70s Warlock series and the 90s Infinity War series.

Let's look at who else is possible.

Count Abyss - It's possible but he's also somebody who doesn't have the same connection to Adam Warlock that Magus does.

Maxam - Has to first join the Guardians, then betray them. Maybe for Guardians 4 or 5.

Annihilus - His rights are over at Fox.

Ultron - Possibly but the Phalanx are at Fox and would need to be written out of the story.

Vulcan - He's also over at Fox.

Cancerverse Mar-Vell - Original is going to show up and die in Captain Marvel. It's possible but not enough time will have passed for his return to feel meaningful. Also won't happen until Doctor Strange fights Shuma Gorath first.

Last edited:
Yeah there needs to be someone other than Adam Warlock who will turn good at some point. Magus seems the obvious choice but it would be nice to see someone like Blastaar also.

Would Blastaar be at fox?

Would really love to see a definitive list of who owns what.

Would Blastaar be at fox?

Would really love to see a definitive list of who owns what.

Yeah I couldn't tell you. I am wondering about High Evolutionary as well. But if Ronan wasn't with Fox, I imagine Blastaar and HM aren't either

Blastaar and Annihilus feels like they have to be Fox, but who knows? I wish we had a Fox leak like the Sony one so we would know.

I mean you would think Fox has a claim on Black Panther and Klaw too considering they originated in Fantastic Four comics.

Also, Kingpin was originally a Spider-Man villain.

Except it's obvious that certain characters who had solo books (with the exception of the Silver Surfer) were reserved by Marvel - this includes Black Panther and the Inhumans.

I can actually look it up later, but Sony does have some rights to related to Kingpin.

So we know based on the end credits in Vol. 2 that...

Ayesha and the Sovereign will be back, along with Adam Warlock being introduced.

But I feel that there needs to be someone in addition to that.

I know Gunn has mentioned wanting to use Annihilus, though obviously he's at Fox, but maybe they can work something out. The High Evolutionary strikes me as interesting possibility and would have some relevance in regards to the scene in question.

I'd love to see the High Evolutionary. Also Man-Beast.

Man-Beast.JPG

Man-Beast-Marvel-Comics-Adam-Warlock-Evolutionary-h4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"