If RR leaves...who should be Deadpool?

I think whoever plays Deadpool should be a big name who can carry the movie because frankly, nobody knows who Deadpool is. I hadn't even heard of him until the Wolverine vs. movie came out...

So because you never heard of him, no one else did?

He's one of Marvels top sellers, has been since the start of his new series.

And whether characters are known is irrelevant. People don't know who characters are who have no source material do they? As long as he is an interesting enough character, that's all that matters.

And a guy who gets cancer, leaves the love of his life so she doesn't share his pain, goes to extreme lengths to cure the cancer, but ends up even worse than before makes for compelling viewing I think. That's without the humour and crazy ninja action.

If Reynolds doesn't do it I don't want a Deadpool movie. I'd rather have a animated movie or series like the old Spawn one.

I'm really thinking they just shouldn't bother making a Deadpool movie, after seeing how he was handled (like everyone else in the movie) in the horrible X-Men Origins: Wolverine, do we really want a Deadpool movie?

What has that got to do anything? You think they would try to make a movie about a mute?

The movie would be a "reboot" (hate that word) of the character. And it would be compelling I think. See my above post why.

only man i could see doing it other than reynolds is michael rosenbaum

If Reynolds just absolutely couldn't do it, I think I would prefer them to just scrap the whole movie. Reynolds is the driving force behind making it faithful and true to the source and without him or somebody as equally passionate about the character I think there is too much of a chance for them to **** it up.

HOWEVER; if they did decide to make it without him, I could probably see Michael Rosenbaum doing ok and me being the huge Always Sunny fan that I am, I find the Glenn Howerton suggestion very intriguing.

While I want to agree with Willard about Reynolds saying he'd do this and that...he really would have no much more control than Hugh had for Wolverine

But we agree on Glenn Howerton.

i would go with Chris Evans he is just as funny and witty as well as same body build as Reynold

While I want to agree with Willard about Reynolds saying he'd do this and that...he really would have no much more control than Hugh had for Wolverine

But we agree on Glenn Howerton.

Yea but to be honest, Jackman wasn't as versed in Wolverine lore as Reynolds is to Deadpool.

All Jackman was saying was words like "bad ass" and "animal". He never really spoke about the real details of Wolverine.

Reynolds mentions obscure characters like Black Tom. He knows more about Deadpool than Jackman did about Wolverine. And going by his interviews, I'd say he is more passionate too. Not to mention the fact that Reynolds has wanted to make Deadpool for the better part of a decade.

Yea but to be honest, Jackman wasn't as versed in Wolverine lore as Reynolds is to Deadpool.

All Jackman was saying was words like "bad ass" and "animal". He never really spoke about the real details of Wolverine.

Reynolds mentions obscure characters like Black Tom. He knows more about Deadpool than Jackman did about Wolverine. And going by his interviews, I'd say he is more passionate too. Not to mention the fact that Reynolds has wanted to make Deadpool for the better part of a decade.

That I agree with. Your right. I don't think Hugh really studied the character. They just sold Hugh's version of it.

Still does concern me how much creative control an actor has over a project.

That I agree with. Your right. I don't think Hugh really studied the character. They just sold Hugh's version of it.

Still does concern me how much creative control an actor has over a project.

Oh yea of course. I doubt he will have complete control. But I think he will help steer the boat and offer opinions or whatever. And hopefully they'll listen to him.

It all depends what sort of film they want Deadpool to be. If they want it to be a big mid summer blockbuster, I doubt Reynolds will have much say and I doubt it will be the true Deadpool experience.

But if they go the route of a movie like Blade for instance, a more modest cult film, we should see a true Deadpool movie.

Oh yea of course. I doubt he will have complete control. But I think he will help steer the boat and offer opinions or whatever. And hopefully they'll listen to him.

It all depends what sort of film they want Deadpool to be. If they want it to be a big mid summer blockbuster, I doubt Reynolds will have much say and I doubt it will be the true Deadpool experience.

But if they go the route of a movie like Blade for instance, a more modest cult film, we should see a true Deadpool movie.

I agree, I definitely do not want a summer release set for it. It would struggle as a lot of films did this summer with bigger films released all jumbled together around it.

Look what happened to Terminator Salvation.

Ray Park with Reynolds doing the voice or someone else, maybe Nolan North (Deadpool in Hulk vs). The other characters can have big name actors if Reynolds isn't in.

They should just keep Scott Adkins as the stunt double. He looks pretty much like a more ripped version of Ryan Reynolds

Deadpool fans I must call in a favour. Vote for my in the community deathmatch!!!

please :(

Ray Park playing him and a voice-over would be fine.
I also wouldn't mind Paul Rudd.
But RR is perfect for the character.

hmm... we'll see.. my guess is that GL is more lucrative with merchandising, etc.; if he pulls it off, though, it could be interesting..

Well they are both top sellers at the mo.

GL has the Blackest Night event. Deadpool has 2 ongoing series which sell 50-60,000 each. A acclaimed mini series and now a THIRD ongoing series. Plus multiple guest appearances in other characters books and the re-releases of his original series.

GL might have the prestige being a Golden Age character and all, but in this day and age, they're very much even in popularity I would say.

cast a stunt man and have the dude from wolverine vs the hulk voice him

That wouldn't work, marketing wise. They would have to have a name, to help sell it.

Hmmmm......

(some suggestions below are not serious)

Bradley Cooper

Topher Grace

Colin Farrel

Chris Evans

James McEvoy

One of Ryan Reynolds' older brothers.

My older sister would kiss you right now for mentioning Bradley Cooper :o
She's a big fan girl of his. While I'd love Robert Downey Jr as the part, he's already working on a Marvel film right now, Iron Man 2. Tropher Grace maybe, I felt he did good in Spider-Man and he was funny in That 70's show. Awe who knows, comedy villains/heroes are hard to find right.

Downey as Deadpool? Yeah, I'm not seeing it. He's too old for Deadpool & everyone would see him as Tony Stark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"