Other Deadpool Candidates?

Exactly, not sure about Triple H, but I agree, this movie doesn't have to be smart, it could be a mindless action comedy.

Just because a movie might be mindless doesn't mean the casting has to be...

Why would it be a action comedy?

Well... Its an inevitability isn't it?
What does Deadpool do?
He shoots people.
He always has something to say, cracking one-liners.
Hence the nickname... "The Merc with a Mouth."
So... He goes around shooting people right? -Action
And he's never without a smart ass comment... -Comedy

Of course I wouldn't expect an action comedy in the vain of Lethal Weapon, this would be a tad darker, and much more surreal... Since at its core it'll be a superhero movie... Which always entails action... Less Ang Lee's involved... So lets drop action from the genre... Lets call it a;

Superhero dark comedy movie.... :woot:

"The Rundown" with superpowers. It'd be freakin' awesome. Deadpool is a random, brainless, summer blockbuster action movie just waiting to happen. His origin doesn't have to be explained.
I agree. but I also think that he should have his origin in the Wolverine movie.
something fast, but well explained, then make a battle between Logan and Wilson, with Wade apparently losing and escaping.
this way he wouldn't need an origin story in his own movie and we would have a damn fight between him and Logan.

Just because a movie might be mindless doesn't mean the casting has to be...

Would you prefer casting some average sized dude and putting him in a muscle suit? It's T-Ray! He's supposed to be huge! And not Brandon Routh, Tobey Maguire, Tom Jane, Christian Bale "I used to be so small but look at me now!" huge but "I've been building my body for years" freakishly huge. I'd say Chris Irvine (Chris Jericho) but T-Ray needs the height and I'd suggest Adam Copeland (Edge) but he'd actually need to bulk up even MORE. Triple H just seems like the best choice for a character like T-Ray.

[YT]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OCjD9nkGtzs[/YT]

I would say have Adam Baldwin play T-ray, but no one would like that idea.

Adam Baldwin is actually too small for T-Ray (His mass, not his height). This is my point. It's the Kingpin situation all over again. It's difficult to find muscular, truly capable actors. He would have to work out for a good year or a year and a half to get T-Ray big. This is one of those comic book characters that the mass is actually important to (like Juggernaut and Hulk).

Unless you guys want the actor playing T-Ray to wear a juggernaut suit.

Besides I can just see Triple H's T-Ray breaking the fourth wall along with Deadpool. That's actually considered one of their powers, surprisingly enough.

Yup. This is of course going off of wikipedia though. :oldrazz: "Comic awareness" they call it.

I just thought it was called breaking the 4th wall...... Wait, you said you read it on Wikipedia, So I'm sorry it doesn't really count.

I just watched the Sam Rockwell clip and man, he's good.

he would do a pretty solid job of the 'Pool man, assuming they couldn't get Ryan Reynolds.
Rockwell is definitely my number two choice now.

As for T-Ray, Savage is right, he's gotta be HUGE. Massive, I've been working out for years and eat steroids 4 meals a day huge. Not just thick, but tall too. To contrast against DP. Triple H is a nice casting job. Or someone else his height and size. I don't really know of anyone else, but I know they're out there, somewhere.

I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping that DP makes it into Wolverine...oh man I'm hoping and praying. I'd go see the movie just for that. one scene with the 'Pool man, and I'd be golden....

I just thought it was called breaking the 4th wall...... Wait, you said you read it on Wikipedia, So I'm sorry it doesn't really count.

Hey, I actually trust wikipedia more than I do Marvel.com. :oldrazz: Have you seen their power scales? It's freakin ******ed. Besides, what better way is there to explain that Deadpool and T-Ray can break the 4th wall but other characters can't? They look right at them and ask "Who the hell are you talking to?"

Alright here's an example. Keep in mind that the blue bars are the official ratings.

Cable
http://marvel.com/universe/Cable

Captain America
http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_America_(Steve_Rogers)

...Someone want to tell me why Cable is stronger, faster, and more durable than Captain America? Oh and apparantly Deadpool is way up there with his energy projection skills lately.

http://marvel.com/universe/Deadpool

...Yeah, no thanks. :p I prefer wikipedia where it's done by the fans who know this stuff and not the people trying to make a buck.

I'm not even going to touch the fact that apparantly Cable and Deadpool are two of the fastest people in the Marvel universe.

Deadpool needs to be a smart mouthed tough guy and Ryan Reynolds and Dane Cook are not. I could see Tom Jane as DP, He would make a better Deadpool than he did a Punisher.

Can you define smart mouth because I thought that guys like Reynolds and Cook were the very definitions of it.

They're not TOUGH GUYS.

Um doesn't Deadpool wear a mask all the time? I thought his face was horribly disfigured or something? Even so I think either of them could pull off tough if need be...its not like they were ever cast in a position were they had to show it(reynolds in Trinity and Amnyville Horror showed me enough that he could play tough if he had to).

How tough is Deadpool anyways? Yes he shoots people and blows stuff up but its not like we're trying to cast The Punisher here.

Both Reynolds and Cook have the physique.

They don't have the voice, get Bruce Campbell to do a voice over for it and have someone with the physique to be in the suit. That would be a perfect Deadpool.

They're not TOUGH GUYS.

Oh well that's not what a smart mouth entails but I understand your point now. Ryan Reynolds I think is plenty tough after seeing him in Smoking Aces, The Amityville Horror, and Blade Trinity, though. Dane Cook I wouldn't know about since he's only done comedic roles but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to pull it off with a good crew behind him.

Oh well that's not what a smart mouth entails but I understand your point now. Ryan Reynolds I think is plenty tough after seeing him in Smoking Aces, The Amityville Horror, and Blade Trinity, though. Dane Cook I wouldn't know about since he's only done comedic roles but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to pull it off with a good crew behind him.
I just don't know, I don't think he could pull off the deadpool that I'm familiar with (The Circle Chase Mini-series.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"