If RR leaves...who should be Deadpool?

WeaponXProject

Triple bladed shave.
Reaction score
So hopefully we can get a poll going. And even with the recent news of Ryan Reynolds wanting to play both characters there may be a conflict in shooting dates and availability. Hopefully not, I want him as Deadpool. But who else could play Deadpool? Does he have to be funny? Should it just be a guy in an outfit and a voiceover with maybe a scene or to with the other actor showing his scarred face? So who are your picks and why?

I know that alot of people may think RR will stay and I want to be optimistic too but I am just considering the possibility that he may call it quits on Deadpool.

Have at it Ladies and Gents!

If RR doesnt return (which I dont believe) IMO you need someone like Ryan Reynolds or Robert Downey Jr. who are very funny and charismatic, but still have some legit acting skills. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head right now though who has the perfect balance.

I know people hate hearing about him sometimes but Brad Pitt is a funny mother ****er. I'd like to see him do something that was more comedic. He was the only good part of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, he was phenomenal in 12 Monkeys, easily the funniest thing on Friends that one episode he was on, and loved him in the Ocean movies. So thats my out of the box thinking.

Last edited:
So I have two semi-no namers that I think could play Deadpool the way Deadpool should be played. I don't have any big name guys but these are my two picks:

I think Sean Maguire from Krod Mandoon would be a good Deadpool. I love the show.
comedy_centrals_krod_mandoon_trailer.jpg

I know everyone picks Charlie but I really like Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, his name is Glenn Howerton.
viewimage.asp

There aren't many other big name guys like RR that are actors and can be silly that would be a believeble Deadpool. Hopefully nobody puts Dane Cook because he just sux.

If RR doesnt return (which I dont believe) IMO you need someone like Ryan Reynolds or Robert Downey Jr. who are very funny and charismatic, but still have some legit acting skills. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head right now though who has the perfect balance.

I know people hate hearing about him sometimes but Brad Pitt is a funny mother ****er. I'd like to see him do something that was more comedic. He was the only good part of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, he was phenomenal in 12 Monkeys, easily the funniest thing on Friends that one episode he was on, and loved him in the Ocean movies. So thats my out of the box thinking.

I like your idea. There are some great actors out there and Brad Pitt can play goofy funny. I was thinking it would be a hard draw to get someone like him. That's why I put those two smaller named actors who are silly. Sean Maguire could be awesome.

Too bad he's too old because Bruce Campbell would have been the perfect Deadpool.

Brad Pitt can be funny but he's not witty like Robert Downey Jr or Ryan Reynolds.

I know everyone picks Charlie but I really like Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, his name is Glenn Howerton.[/COLOR]
viewimage.asp

I think I'm just about the only one who has said Charlie Day (unless other people have mentioned him in the Wolverine forums or something), but I kinda like the idea of Glenn Howerton, too. He's not as crazy and off the wall as Charlie, but I could see him being really funny as Deadpool.

Don't get me wrong I love Charlie, but I think Glenn could handle it.

The Brad Pitt idea is understandable but I think it would be very strange to imagine him as that character. He can do a lot of roles, he's just not a guy i envision playing a role like this.

Has anybody else watched Krod Mandoon besides me...I really dig Sean Maguire. He's funny and his characters insecurity cracks me up and he knows how to deliver a "zinger" pretty well.

haha, I was actually just thinking James Roday as I scrolled past my last post.

If he doesn't return...man...I'd rather wait.
Besides being a good actor, he is passionate about the character and a fan, like us. I want the ultimate Deadpool experience.
If he doesn't return, then I simply can't think of anyone else.

stupid dane cook. i just wanna punch him in the FACE!

What about Jason Lee? Reynold is a clone of his afterall.

Hmmmm......

(some suggestions below are not serious)

Bradley Cooper

Topher Grace

Colin Farrel

Chris Evans

James McEvoy

One of Ryan Reynolds' older brothers.

I think whoever plays Deadpool should be a big name who can carry the movie because frankly, nobody knows who Deadpool is. I hadn't even heard of him until the Wolverine vs. movie came out...

There is merit in that. Doug Jones with somebody else doing the voice over. Reynolds even......

Why? Doug's perfectly capable of doing his own voice in films, and has done for over 20 years. he's also a talented and very versatile voice actor and is doing more and more voice work.

HM

Steve Zahn

I like the Steve Zahn suggestion, even though he's short.

SWS is annoying but he'd fit the persona.

I really wouldn't mind, since he'll be wearing the suit, if Ray Park played Deadpool and they just had Reynolds or someone who is a smart ass do the voiceover work. I don't think that would be hard. Maybe have one seen where the voice actor shows his scarred face but the rest could be a martial artist.

I'm really thinking they just shouldn't bother making a Deadpool movie, after seeing how he was handled (like everyone else in the movie) in the horrible X-Men Origins: Wolverine, do we really want a Deadpool movie?

I'm really thinking they just shouldn't bother making a Deadpool movie, after seeing how he was handled (like everyone else in the movie) in the horrible X-Men Origins: Wolverine, do we really want a Deadpool movie?

Well, i mean on one side it could suck but on the other side we may never get to see one if they don't make it...I'll take my chances, if it is bad I have no problem seperating comics from movies so it wouldn't bug me.

The more I think about it Sean William Scott attitude reminds me of Deadpool. But I just hate that guy...so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"