The Deadpool/Wade Wilson Thread

RDJ appeared in Spider-Man Homecoming and Civil War.

Disney could have squeezed an Iron man 4 and 5 before Endgame.

I also haven't heard any rumblings from Marvel that they wanted a 4th solo film for those two.

With dozen of ips getting their own film, I find it hard to believe that Marvel Studios would just pump out a Deadpool film until Reynolds say no.

There's a pretty big difference between "they didn't want to squeeze a fourth film into the Infinity Saga" and "they would never have given Steve and Tony another film if they'd stayed".

Both characters would have almost certainly gotten a fourth film in the Multiverse saga, just like Thor did, had the actors stuck around. Hell we already are getting Captain America 4, as well as Armor Wars, which are the MCU's way of continuing those franchises with the sidekicks stepping in as the leads.

A Captain America 4 with Sam isn't the same as Captain America 4 with Chris Evans.

Marvel Studios chose to kill off Tony/Steve. Do you really think RDJ/Chris really wanted to be out of their roles and that it forced Marvel Studios to retire their characters? Yeah no. Both actors are still acting, and would have appeared in a 4th solo movie if they were given the chance.

A Captain America 4 with Sam isn't the same as Captain America 4 with Chris Evans.

Marvel Studios chose to kill off Tony/Steve. Do you really think RDJ/Chris really wanted to be out of their roles and that it forced Marvel Studios to retire their characters? Yeah no. Both actors are still acting, and would have appeared in a 4th solo movie if they were given the chance.
I thought RDJ wanted out and they let him go.. I don't know about Evans.

I thought RDJ wanted out and they let him go.. I don't know about Evans.
Even if were that the case, Marvel Studios could have included an Iron Man 4 starring RDJ before Infinity War or Endgame. Yet they managed to secure him in a supporting role in Civil War and Homecoming.

I doubt Rdj would have turned down a 4th Iron Man movie, when he accepted to play 2nd fiddle to Chris Evans/Tom Holland in their respective movies.

So I doubt we are just going to get Deadpool 6, 7 and 8 if Ryan Reynolds wanted to. I think Deadpool 5 (a third for Marvel Studios) would be too much considering there's like 10 other ips getting a movie.

Do you really think RDJ/Chris really wanted to be out of their roles

Yes. They've both expressed that they wanted to leave their roles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hi...ngers-4/story-o2iBti43Zkawowgxwpj1wL_amp.html

Why Robert Downey Jr Left The MCU & Iron Man

and that it forced Marvel Studios to retire their characters?

Marvel could've recast them, obviously, but after phase 1 I think Marvel is really reluctant to do any major recasts. They know that recasts would have been unpopular with the audience.

Still doesn't eXplain why Marvel Studios didn't squeeze an Iron man 4 in between 2014 to 2019.

Again, the point is its not just gonna be up to only Ryan Reynolds if there's going to be Deadpool 5, 6, 7 and 8. Disney and Marvel Studios would still have a say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"