Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Flakes

Civilian
Reaction score
Earlier today came official word about an “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” sequel, confirming what Hugh Jackman had already told MTV News about his plans for a follow-up to this weekend’s blockbuster. Now, MTV News has received official word that there is also a “Deadpool” solo movie in active development, with “Wolverine” actor Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as Wade Wilson, Marvel’s mutant assassin.
According to a source close to Fox, the “Deadpool” spin-off film will be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel, and will be “a complete exploration of this unique character — his origins, his emergence as the Merc with the Mouth.” The studio is currently seeking writers for the project.
While Reynolds has already shared some half-joking ideas for what he’d like to see in a “Deadpool” solo movie,
one of the post-credits scenes in “Wolverine” offered the first official clue that such a project was being considered.
Prior to that, however, there was no shortage of filmmakers and comic creators chiming in to voice their support for such a spin-off, including Reynolds himself, as well as Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld and Fox Chairman Tom Rothman.
A project more than five years in the making, the “Deadpool” movie will feature Reynolds in the role many fans are calling the best supporting role in “Wolverine” — but now the question is likely to be: What “Deadpool” story will the movie tell?

Source (Video Included)

WOOHOO! What are some things and characters you guys want in the Deadpool spin-off? Personally, I'd like to see Weasel and Six Pack (mainly just for Domino). And maybe they can shy away from the over-seriousness of the other X-Men movies...without making it campy, of course.

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds is perfect for Wade, he really is. I just hope we get DEADPOOL and not whatever the hell that was in Wolverine.

The opening of the film should be DP going to Fox studios, finding Tom Rothman and slamming his head into his desk 10 or 20 times.

Lol or the beginning could be that fake ending everybody was talking about the real deadpool going up to baraka pool and saying "Who are you supposed to be"

This news has made my day! I literally can not wait!

The opening of the film should be DP going to Fox studios, finding Tom Rothman and slamming his head into his desk 10 or 20 times.

That would be awesome.

I'm just happy Rothman has been promoted to the TV division and no longer can interfere with movies, if I understand correctly.

He's got to get his head sew back on first, right?

I don't buy it. I mean I buy that the story is legit but studios change their minds all the time. Daredevil 2 was greenlit at one point. So was a Silver Surfer movie, a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk, Preacher, Nightstalkers, and countless other films after the opening weekend of a movie

Sweet heavenly God, yes!!!!!

Deadpool, Barakapool, or Ryan sitting on the toilet for an hour and a half... I don't care I want this movie!

As I said in another thread, this is just fantastic news. Can't wait!

I don't buy it. I mean I buy that the story is legit but studios change their minds all the time. Daredevil 2 was greenlit at one point. So was a Silver Surfer movie, a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk, Preacher, Nightstalkers, and countless other films after the opening weekend of a movie

Exactly. Not to be cynical, but I'll believe it once they start filming. Then and only then will I officially start complaining about every minute detail that leaks.

Let's hope this film moves in that direction too.

Seriously, they destroyed Deadpool to the point where he's unsalvagable. He was barely in the film, and what we saw sucked royally. They've got what, like three other spinoffs coming (Wolverine 2, First Class, Magneto...)?

I think they should leave the origins as single film stand-alones, continue with Magneto (as more of a Presitge drama and less of an action flick), continue with First Class as an origins story for Xavier, and shelve Wolvie 2, shelve Deadpool, and work on an X4 for something like 2012.

Ha! I knew they wouldn't go through with the Gambit film.

That ending with the "And who are you suppose to be?" would be nice for a new start of the mess they did with Deadpool. But who could be his enemy in the movie?

That ending with the "And who are you suppose to be?" would be nice for a new start of the mess they did with Deadpool. But who could be his enemy in the movie?

Not quite top of the list, but I think it was even mentioned on an MTV splash page, but Black Tom might be interesting. Fox does love throwing as many faces as possible, so perhaps he'd be paired with Juggernaut.

T-Ray...Taskmaster...I doubt they'd do Agent X....there's more possibilities.

I want to be very excited about this.

For now, I will settle for being warily excited about this.

(!!!)

Slap a mask on him, get Reynolds as his voice and get rid of his limitless powers, and they're halfway to a good movie already.

Box office numbers are going to drop and they will change their minds. I saw X-Men and X2 twice in theatres because they were good. X3 I saw once in a theatre and Wolverine I didn't see it at all and I won't. You hear me FOX? I'm sure there are others out there like me...

Treat it like a comedy and it could be very good. Get one of the Office guys or someone like Diablo Cody to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"