Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen In Bruges. How is it???

In Bruges is FN awesome. On my top five of last year.

That director would be a great for Deadpool. Good choice project.

Last edited:
i am on board....but only if he loses the blades in his arms and the optic beams...maybe his health regeneration will heal his eyes and arms...or something...i would love him to be alot closer to the comic and wear the costume

I said this in the Deadpool thread in Wolverine/Spoilers but I'll mention it here too. But the discussion came about of how Deadpool's expressions should be displayed underneath the mask. I definitely think looking at Rorschach's mask is a great start :up:

watchmenrorymask.jpg

I totally agree. :up:

Did Fox produce all of the X men movies and Wolverine? Or just distribute?

I checked from Imdb and it says Fox has produced and distributed all the X-men movies and Wolverine. For ‘X-men Origins: Magneto’ it’s only distributing while Marvel is producing. I really hope it means what I think it means for a Deadpool movie :applaud

hmm, im just curious as to see what deadpool will actually be about, who would be the villain? who else would show up?

I mean off the top of my head, the only people that deadpool is notoriously known for working with...

-Weasel (who'd work fine in a movie)
-Wolverine (who he already had a movie with)
-Cable (who would complicate the hell out of the movie)
-Domino (who might actually work well)

Having T-Ray as the main villain would make a great movie, you'd have to get rid of the magic angle though. Have the whole conflict that T-Ray may be the real Wade Wilson and that Deadpool killed his family years ago.

Really play with the whole insanity thing.

Of course you'd leave it a bit open ended that T-Ray very well could be lying and just as messed up as Deadpool is. Maybe even more so. You could also have Hellhouse feature in the film where Deadpool gets his jobs.

Other than that plot you could maybe have the whole "Landau, Luckman, and Lake" and messiah angle. Deadpool is hired to protect this Messiah that will bring the world eternal bliss. Deadpool's "great destiny" and all that. Get rid of the alien thing, just have a crazy cult and possible biological weapon and have Deadpool save the world from being mindless drones once he realises what the Messiah will really do. It's just crazy enough to be the plot of a Deadpool film.
My post from the Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool thread.

Treat it like a comedy and it could be very good. Get one of the Office guys or someone like Diablo Cody to write.

I think it'd work very well with a darker tone, kinda like how with movies like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz have a lot of humor, but are just so *****ing badass with the action at times (especially HF).

Hell, and to get the fans into it, the movie could open with a voiceover with RR saying something about last time we saw him, he got his head chopped off...but luckily that can't stop him.

Hi,

I dont know much about Deadpool and I read different threads about him but didn't read anything to answer my two questions...

any help?

1. What are Deadpool's powers/abilities in the comics? How did "Wolverine" change them? (I'm sure having laser eyes like Cyclops is not from the comics... but what else)... how will this effect the movie Deadpool spin-off? Is it cool that he has more powers in the movie version, or uncool?

2. What is the point of casting Ryan Reynolds? At the end of Wolverine, Deadpool was not recognizable at all and didn't resemble Reynolds anymore. He looked like Baraka from Mortal Kombat (as most people have already pointed out numerous times)...and I have seen Deadpool's comicbook costume... he's completely covered up like Spiderman... so if he's wearing a concealing costume and the make-up job makes him unrecognizable, why should I even be excited about Reynolds playing him?

Thanks

Greg

All very good questions, Greg. Unfortunately I'm all hopped up on cat nip and cannot give you answers that will satisfy.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Does this mean Marvel has more control over this film?

Holy **** is this serious? If Marvel is seriously producing this could be the bridge to unite the X-Men franchise with the Marvel-verse... and it makes total sense since Deadpool is kinda separate from X-Men in large part.

Hi,

I dont know much about Deadpool and I read different threads about him but didn't read anything to answer my two questions...

any help?

1. What are Deadpool's powers/abilities in the comics? How did "Wolverine" change them? (I'm sure having laser eyes like Cyclops is not from the comics... but what else)... how will this effect the movie Deadpool spin-off? Is it cool that he has more powers in the movie version, or uncool?

2. What is the point of casting Ryan Reynolds? At the end of Wolverine, Deadpool was not recognizable at all and didn't resemble Reynolds anymore. He looked like Baraka from Mortal Kombat (as most people have already pointed out numerous times)...and I have seen Deadpool's comicbook costume... he's completely covered up like Spiderman... so if he's wearing a concealing costume and the make-up job makes him unrecognizable, why should I even be excited about Reynolds playing him?

Thanks

Greg

1) you don't have to write like your posting a letter :p

2) Wikipedia is your friend -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool_(comics)

3)Because it's not always about a face, it's about the acting, the way lines are delivered, the humor, the fighting skill. Ryan Reynolds embodies all of that. As for the baraka arms and laser eyes, those could easily be fixed (eye beams wore out or malfunctioned due to head being cut off and it "unloading" like crazy the whole way down... (the blast obviously stopped at some point), and the blades could be removed surgically, or just rip em out.

I like the ripped out option. I think Deadpool should be the one to rip them out.

So in the spin-off is he going to be regular or the mutli-powered thing?

Are petitions really effective or are they just a way for us to all vent together?

So in the spin-off is he going to be regular or the mutli-powered thing?

if we hear news that ryan reynolds drops out of this project, then its gonna be the **** up that is Weapon XI but Reynolds said that he would only do this if they stayed true to the comic 100%.
In Reynolds we trust!

Reynolds did indeed say he'd only do a spin-off if it was 100% faithful so we'll see.

I could see Reynolds do the Snyder on Watchmen thing. "If I dont do it, they'll still do it, but it'll do crap, maybe I should be involved so it can be the best that it can be."

But I also think Reynolds will campaign to the best of his abilities to get the purest form of Deadpool possible anyway.

I hope to god Marvel are producing this.

The way all the articles and reports are worded it seems that way.

Yea Goyer writing and Rodriguez directing would be a DREAM partnership for a Deadpool movie. You could even have a scene spoofing that bar shoot out in Desperado, with the Deadpool twist to it :D

And that is a great casting choice for Bob! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back