Comics Wolverine Jr.

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
Marvel has snikted out two new covers for January’s Wolverine Origins #10, fresh and hot from the hands of Joe Quesada and Arthur Suydam.

“[Joe Quesada] was originally doing a riff on the Origin cover,” said editor Axel Alonso of the Marvel E-i-C’s design, “and then as we discussed it further, he asked me my opinion and I verified his instinct, which was that putting the hand at three quarters gave it more tension.”

Suydam’s approach was much more direct.

“We talked about just having the boy holding a little knife, surrounded by dead bodies,” Alonso explained. “We said, ‘What about framing him in Wolverine’s shadow?’”

“He took away the shadow, but it works better without it,” Alonso conceded, praising Suydam’s work.

Wolverine Origins #10 will bring the ongoing story, which sees Wolvie come to blows with Omega Red and S.H.I.E.L.D., to a head.

“Logan is going off in search of an artifact that will help him in his quest to find his son,” Alonso teased. “He has every reason to believe that he will need carbonadium if he’s going to be able to collect and control his son.”

And if we know Wolverine, we know there’s nothing but woe to fall upon those who come between him and his son. As for the son of Marvel’s metal-clawed mutant, Alonso says this issue is going to be huge: “The tenth issue is going to be the one where readers get their first glimpse of him.”

WOLORIG010_COV_150.jpg

Wolverine-Origins-10-varian.jpg

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/001923327.cfm

Wow, cant wait for the wacky adventures of "Wolverine and Son".

Wolverines been around for ages, and im sure hes probably been getting around for ages too, im suprised kids of his havnt cropped up sooner.

...though why does he only have two claws? isnt that the female version of the mutation?

This is in canon right? I've only bought two Wolverine issues ever. I might pick up this origin comic because that second artwork is really good.

mightiest_mortal said:
Wow, cant wait for the wacky adventures of "Wolverine and Son".

Wolverines been around for ages, and im sure hes probably been getting around for ages too, im suprised kids of his havnt cropped up sooner.

...though why does he only have two claws? isnt that the female version of the mutation?

Great :whatever: :cmad: .... What better way for Marvel to keep the "Wolverine" torch burning, than to bring in a younger version of him.

Don't tv shows bring in young kids/babies, just when the show starts to suck? ...I'm seeing a pattern here.

toya thegr8 said:
This is in canon right? I've only bought two Wolverine issues ever. I might pick up this origin comic because that second artwork is really good.

Those are just the covers, the interiors are still gonna be done by Steve Dillon, I believe, which isn't that great of a fit, in most fan eyes.

mightiest_mortal said:

If you are referreing to X-23, she has two claws because she was genetically engineered with the 2 hand claws and 1 foot claw, she wasn't "born" naturally.

The Comedian said:
If you are referreing to X-23, she has two claws because she was genetically engineered with the 2 hand claws and 1 foot claw, she wasn't "born" naturally.
X-23 is a clone of Wolverine rather than a genetically enginneerd version. (albeit with two X Chromosomes, rather than an X and a Y... the Y was damaged so they just copied the X.)
She has the same mutation as Wolverine but the femal equivalent. Males and femals show a lot of phyiscal differences in most animal species, its understandable that the muutation could be somewhat different when the gender is switched. This is why her claws are in different places.

...though when this has been stated wuite a lot in interviews and the (i think?) the comis, I don't know why we have a new male coming out with only two claws, unless hes just mutated more.

WoW...so the Wolverine's son plot hole is finally being developed. i remember when Rogue first saw that Wolverine had a kid when she went inside his head.

OutcryX said:
WoW...so the Wolverine's son plot hole is finally being developed. i remember when Rogue first saw that Wolverine had a kid when she went inside his head.
OMG... I'd forgotten all about that.

Specter313 said:
Those are just the covers, the interiors are still gonna be done by Steve Dillon, I believe, which isn't that great of a fit, in most fan eyes.

Dillon does good art, but I agree with "most fans", I don't think his style would fit the type of story I imagine behind this. It depends I guess, we'll see.

I would have been crazy if Marvel had captured C.P. Smith and put him to work on this. Wolverine #41 was gorgeous. :D

So we have Wolverine and Son at the same time as Batman and Son? Coincidence?

WTF??? batman has a brat? who is the mother?

Too bad this book sucks.:(

I wonder why he needs carbonadium to collect and control his son :confused:

What is the point to this book anyway? Is it a retelling of things?

Its point was that Logan had his memories back. So far all we've learned is that buying this book equals wasting money.:(

Oh, so it's current adventures then? I thought they were just going back and retelling old Wolverine stories for shyts and giggles.

No its current. But I have no clue when it is taking place.:confusing:

All I know is that it's got that crappy artist who did Nighthawk's mini :down:

Worst.Omega Red.Ever.

I love Dillion on Punisher but he is horrible here.

Specter313 said:
Talia al Guhl I believe.

why did I know that? in the back of my mind...I knew it was her. Now he will be forever linked to Rha's al Guhl.

OutcryX said:
why did I know that? in the back of my mind...I knew it was her. Now he will be forever linked to Rha's al Guhl.

probably because the way they did it was by bringing Son Of The Demon, a story from the 80's in which he had a son with Talia, back into continuity...

btw, the hand looks like it at one point had 3 claws, and the middle one is busted off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"