Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could go the Rorschach/Watchmen route... then he could move his eyes aswell.

Exactly!
icon14.gif

Three things come to mind:

1) Get David Slade to direct it

2) Get a yes or no from Reynolds, if it's a no, then recast it. The character is in a mask all the time anyway

3) How will we hear the dialogue if Deadpool has a full-face mask? They'd have to overdub it later, or adapt the mask to give a mouth slit. There's no way you could speak clearly through a full-face mask, it would muffle the voice.

The majority of the script was flashbacks with Reynolds before he got the costume. Though, the costume is DEFINITELY in the script. They made a big deal about it too, so that Fox doesn't loosely interpret it.

The majority of the script was flashbacks with Reynolds before he got the costume. Though, the costume is DEFINITELY in the script. They made a big deal about it too, so that Fox doesn't loosely interpret it.

Thanks for that.

Of course, I forgot, when saying they should get David Slade, that Adam Berg has been asked to direct.

Liefeld rant strikes again... Tom Rothman can go suck on this. :funny:
Rob Liefeld Speaks Out In-Depth How & Why Deadpool is being Mismanaged

Veteran comic creator Rob Liefeld now talks in an actual interview discussing the movie adaption for Deadpool aside from bashing 20th Century Fox via Twitter. Check it Out!

MTV News' Rick Marshall managed to score a Q&A session with Rob Liefeld, who notably created Marvel's "merc with a mouth" Deadpool. And last week, the veteran comic creator also infamously called out the studio currently managing the character's live-action Ryan Reynolds-starrer adaption, 20th Century Fox. Using this interview further bashing the studio, Liefeld speaks in-depth why he thinks we haven't seen any movement on the film lately, and why we should.

So... Rob... read any good blogs about what somebody said on Twitter lately?
[Lol] Well, what I believe is, if you're talking on Twitter, you're talking out loud — but sometimes you go, "Really? This is news?"

So let's get right to it. What's going on — or not going on — with "Deadpool" these days?
With the "Deadpool" film, it really boils down to to this: all the ingredients are there. What's the wait? I watch everything just like you do. You cover this business, and so do I as an interested party and a fan and somebody who has other films going. You look at development slates and what's going forward. You know how many people would kill to have Ryan Reynolds star in their movie?

You mentioned on Twitter that you'd read the "Deadpool" script and loved it...
You know what they say about "if it's not on the page, it's not on the screen"? Well, it's all there on the page. That script is brilliant. It doesn't need any adjusting, it doesn't need any vetting, it's just brilliant. It's like nothing else that's out there. Anyone who's read it knows that this is the comics film we've been waiting for. It has all the action, the violence, and the unexpected original set pieces that you haven't seen but want to see. It has character, it has heart, and it's laugh-out-loud funny. So you can't help asking, what's the holdup here? Is "Deadpool" not on the priority list? I really do not think they understand what they have here.

Is it because Deadpool was such an unknown commodity in the mainstream world before "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"? Why is there such a holdup?
"I go to the conventions and travel the country every year and I'm deluged with people dressed as Deadpool — people who are dying for this. These people have created such a phenomenon that Marvel has five or six "Deadpool" books a month. I want to say, "Hey Fox, last I counted, that's more than Spider-Man!"

It's not like I don't live in southern California and have management and agents in this town. It's not like I don't hear things around town. If it's an issue of Fox being cheap, what's that about? Open up the pocketbooks. Between a smaller budget and a bigger budget, they might want to go bigger budget — history will tell you that. They should spend what they need to get a director and lock down the star. They have Ryan Reynolds and Reese and Wernick, who if you haven't noticed, are tearing up the town. There's a reason everybody wants them. Fox has the script that everybody thinks is their best piece of work.

Well, it seems like you're not finding much argument with what you said on Twitter. People want this "Deadpool" movie to happen, and everyone seems to like Reynolds, Reese, and Wernick on it...
It's like this: If you have a voice and you do nothing with it, then you only have yourself to blame. I go to these conventions and my signature on a "Deadpool" book makes it go up an obscene amount of value, so I'm partially saddled with this situation, too. "Hey Liefeld, when's 'Deadpool' coming out?!" You know how often I'm asked that? But I don't have a green light on this...

I know the producers are awesome — the Donner people are great people. They have assembled a perfect storm, so let's go! Ryan Reynolds is amazingly bankable. Women love him, men love him. ... He has the Will Smith / Tom Cruise bankability, and you don't even need to ask him to star in the movie — he's already committed! He's a producer!

If you think things were heating up nicely, check out the full, second half of the interview over at MTV News, where Liefeld praises Ryan Reynolds and his commitment to the film and more. In the meantime, what do you think?
b

DCMarvelFreshman
12/8/2010
MTV News
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=26171

They might be holding up cause they are spreading out the X Films. Hope thats not the case but Im thinking were gonna get a 2013 date since First class is 2011 and The Wolverine is 2012. 2012 is a huge year for comic movies. That summer is packed.

I did a longer version of my Deadpool fan trailer. Would really appreciate some feedback be it negative or positive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHX7TYTqk3U

I think Rob Liefeld should seriously take the job as consultant on the Deadpool film or executive producer. Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker production company with 20th Century Fox should distribute, the same was done for Predator's. :rolleyes:

Any of these directors suggested by Liefeld would be right for Deadpool.

The Wachowski Brothers
Joe Carnahan
Genndy Tartakovsky
Sylvester Stallone
Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (already the screenwriters for Deadpool)

Five 'Deadpool' Director Suggestions From Rob Liefeld

Posted 12/15/10 10:46 am ET by Josh Wigler in Marvel, News

Rob Liefeld wants his "Deadpool" movie, and he wants it now.

When we spoke with Liefeld earlier in the month about his thoughts on the developing "Deadpool" adaptation, he made no secret about his frustration over Fox's handling of the Ryan Reynolds-starring comic book flick. But even if "Deadpool" hasn't stepped up to the starting line just yet, Liefeld isn't giving up hope on the mouthy merc's silver-screen chances.
Over at his official website, Liefeld has laid out a wish list of candidates to direct the "Deadpool" film.

His list consists of five (technically seven) filmmakers, ranging from the Wachowski siblings to Joe Carnahan to "Samurai Jack" creator Genndy Tartakovsky, the Russian-American animator who pitched in with storyboards for "Iron Man 2."

"This guy directs the very best animation and has been doing it for over a decade," Liefeld surmised of Tartakovsky's qualifications. "Tartakovsky is a one of the kind talent, the Deadpool film is literally a cartoon filmed in live action and there is none better qualified to pull off the translation than the creator of Samurai Jack himself."

Liefeld also recommended "The Expendables" director Sylvester Stallone for the job, saying: "Stallone and Ryan Reynolds coupled with the script by Rheese and Wernick would power Deadpool to the top of every action junkie ages 18-65. Sure fire."

Perhaps his most intriguing pick for the director's chair is the "Deadpool" screenwriting duo of Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who also wrote the script for "Zombieland."

"They wrote the script, reportedly with Ryan Reynold’s input, and who better to pull this off than the author’s themselves," argued Liefeld. "If Ryan trusts them, than so can we!"

No matter who gets the job, Liefeld was very clear on the qualities that Fox should be looking for from their prospective "Deadpool" filmmaker:

"Whoever the director is needs to have a pedigree for action as there are several gritty set pieces throughout the course of the film. A penchant for humor is also necessary."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/12/15/deadpool-movie-directors-rob-liefeld/

Stallone can't possibly direct a movie such as Deadpool...

He can't even direct a normal action movie properly...

Exactly. And man, did it suck.

It's a joke of a movie and what you actually went to see in there (the action) felt really lackluster. Machete did all the cheese of a C action movie and it still delivered the goods...

Nevermind our disagreements. My ideal choice for director would be Quentin Tarantino or Shane Black.

Maybe, the director of Pineapple Express should director???

If they're waiting until 2013, I'm sure Rodriguez would be done with Spy Kids & Sin City by then.

I thought The Expendables was awesome. It was always going to be a throw back to the 80s but with beefed up action.

And the part where Terry Crews bursts in with that shotgun totally blew my mind off.

If they're waiting until 2013, I'm sure Rodriguez would be done with Spy Kids & Sin City by then.

Well, Shane Black doesn't have a busy plate so he should direct plus he handled the fourth wall and dark humor well in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

I like the idea of Wernick & Reese directing it, since they're writing as well.

Also, what's the deal with Reynold's involvement? Can they not start filming until he can do it, or is he waiting for them?

Also, what's the deal with Reynold's involvement?

Green Lantern is in Post-Production currently and I think Reynold's is taking a break from filming so they are waiting for him but this should give them enough time to polish the script, get a director and possibly cast some other characters.

Ryan is filming 'The Change Up' now and Safe House is most likely the next one he going to star in. Aslong as there isn't a director attached, this will go on forever.

Out of Liefelds picks for Directors I would have to say Joe Carnahan. He can pull off comedy/action pretty well and the tone of his movies would be a good fit for Deadpool . Im surprised Fox or Reynolds didnt mention directing it to him, the guy wanted to make a movie just on Taskmaster Im sure he would be interested in doing a Deadpool film.

I really like the part with Weasel in it.

Thanks for replying and watching!

Last edited:
I think the best for the script would be the Writers themselves. I want this Movie to make me want to watch it OVER and OVER. I Love Deadpool, have since I was a kid. Please FOX. Don't mess this up for me and all the other Deadpool fans. Also, side note. Picked up the Marvel Select Deadpool figure he is awesome.

P.S-Why doesn't Deadpool have his own board?

Wait, I thought they DID get a director, it was a no-name though. Or did that turn out false?

From what I understood and the info. I read, yes indeed it was merely rumored that they had a director. I just want some form of official news.

Deadpool-JVG said:
I think the best for the script would be the Writers themselves. I want this Movie to make me want to watch it OVER and OVER. I Love Deadpool, have since I was a kid. Please FOX. Don't mess this up for me and all the other Deadpool fans. Also, side note. Picked up the Marvel Select Deadpool figure he is awesome.

P.S-Why doesn't Deadpool have his own board?

For the same reason that Wolverine doesn't have his own board. They're part of the X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"