A Deadpool spin off

All I get from that is that it is under the Fox banner, and actually being PRODUCED by Shuler Donner and Marvel.
It is in exactly the same position as Wolverine, just without Hugh Jackman's company co-producing.

Marvel PRODUCES all flicks based on their characters, and they are generally always producers-in-name-only.

Fox will provide the funding for the flick and develop it creatively, with Shuler Donner investing some cash in it and thus having a say in the development and Marvel "investing" their character in it (part of their deal is that they always be credited as producers)

I see. It's just the way the DP articles were worded seemed different to the other Marvel Fox films, that's what threw me off.

But the big thing is will Rothman be involved? Seeing as he is now in charge of Fox TV and Searchlight as well maybe he won't be able to get his grubby mitts on Deadpool? Rothman is basically the sole reason so many Fox films are crap or don't meet their potential, so if is kept away from this project, I'll be happy.

There is no need to be negative yet, we don't even know who is writing and directing. If they announce Paul WS Anderson or Uwe Boll is directing then you gotta start worrying.

You know, I wouldn't be that worried if they announced Paul WS Anderson directing. I think he's a capable director, as long as he doesn't write his own scripts.

But the big thing is will Rothman be involved? Seeing as he is now in charge of Fox TV and Searchlight as well maybe he won't be able to get his grubby mitts on Deadpool? Rothman is basically the sole reason so many Fox films are crap or don't meet their potential, so if is kept away from this project, I'll be happy.
If it's not Rothman it'll be a Rothman crony.

The only film of Anderson's I find tolerable is Event Horizon. All those god awful Resident Evil films and AvP were just sooooo terrible. But yea, that might be because he wrote them as well.

:hehe: A Rothman crony? What a great job!

But seriously, I think if this film gets a good writer and director on board, who have a passion for the character and really want to try something unique, show some balls, it will be great.

This film could be literally brilliant and completely unique. Or it could be absolutely shockingly bad, Elektra style. I don't think there is any in between point.

:hehe: A Rothman crony? What a great job!
I imagine them like storm troopers. Now that Rothman has been promoted, he'll strategically post them around the sets of all of his movies so that he can still ensure that all characters are unrecognizable and all storylines are nonsensical :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"