Sequels Who should the villain(s) be in X-Men First Class

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think that either Shadow King or Arcade should be the villain of X-Men First.

Shadow King - will have ties to Storm and would be an interesting villain maybe even good enough to have the good guys fight against each other or a powerful mutant.

Arcade - since they're going to be young and just really learning how to control and use their powers they need to go up against someone fairly easy and teenagers like arcade/carnivals or whatever so put them in a setting for them.

Juggernaut could also appear as a side villain who decides to kill Xavier this would make for a great battle sequence with up and coming heroes against someone powerful, and once juggiez helment is off prof. x can erase any memories of the two of them being bros so that x-men the last stand won't be all bad lol.

IMO, Shadow King (as a way to intro Storm) or Sentinels (tie in the MRA's mentioned in X2)

Anyone except Magneto and his brotherhood of evil mutants would be really refreshing.

Knock the Hellfire club out and get some one hot and mean to play emma frost

Logically it would take play at the split between Magneto and Xaviers partnership and thus creating the first brotherhood team and the first x-men team to stop them.

But if i wanted to go with something else i would feature the Hellfire Club and them wanting Jean to use her Phoenix personer for there own personal gain.

Sentinels aren't really a great choice because they're just learning how to use their powers and they would have to fight giant robots thats not good

that'd be the perfect... what more motivation do they need to get their "stuff" in gear than mutant hunting sentinels

I think they would **** their pants standing in front of a gigantic metal robot who shoots out lasers and missels. But if the line up is Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm, Emma and Banshee up against maybe 1 or 2 but not too many than it might work, it could be just like Ultimate X-Men storm takes out three or four and passes out lol

The problem is that they're going to have to face an enemy that is a smaller threat than anything in the main trilogy, and seeing as the first movie was a standard brotherhood threat, without any major ramifications, the threat in First Class will have to be even smaller.

Sentinels just don't make sense, because you'd think the main trilogy would have some mention of anti-mutants robots. Everything in the trilogy implied that this was a pre-sentinel world. They were still fighting mutant registration, it wouldn't make sense to establish that ten years earlier giant robots were hunting mutants.

Honestly, I see the writers making the enemies be some sort of teenage brotherhood a la X-men Evolution. That's incredibly lame, but the threat has to match something a teenager could handle. There won't be a storyline that is more epic than anything we saw in the main triliogy, therefore sentinels or Apocalypse just won't work.

I was actually thinking, The Friends Of Humanity, type group

with mutants only first becoming known to the general public, leading to an anti-mutant group forming, starts to take actions in to there hands, going after mutants and what not...

forcing Xavier and his students to fight back

but, I'd kinda want this to just be a sub-plot to the separation of Xavier and Magneto, in his forming of his own group (brotherhood)

The problem is that they're going to have to face an enemy that is a smaller threat than anything in the main trilogy, and seeing as the first movie was a standard brotherhood threat, without any major ramifications, the threat in First Class will have to be even smaller.

Sentinels just don't make sense, because you'd think the main trilogy would have some mention of anti-mutants robots. Everything in the trilogy implied that this was a pre-sentinel world. They were still fighting mutant registration, it wouldn't make sense to establish that ten years earlier giant robots were hunting mutants.

What about a lone prototype Sentinel? It's funny you mention X-Men Evolution because one of my favorite moments from that series was when Trask sent out one Sentinel and was able to wipe the floor with most of the Brotherhood and the X-Men. If the First Class had a lone gigantic battle with a sentinel prototype, the film can end with Trask dying and the Sentinel project apparently dying with him.

I think Friends of Humanity could be good. It should probably be some human-related villain so the film can have a subplot of Magneto leaving Xavier and forming the Brotherhood. Basically the human threat should reaffirm to Magneto what he felt was going to happen and the film can end with him and Xavier parting ways.

What about a lone prototype Sentinel? It's funny you mention X-Men Evolution because one of my favorite moments from that series was when Trask sent out one Sentinel and was able to wipe the floor with most of the Brotherhood and the X-Men. If the First Class had a lone gigantic battle with a sentinel prototype, the film can end with Trask dying and the Sentinel project apparently dying with him.

I would like to see that, and they might be able to make it work. As long as the rest of the world, outside the X-men, don't know about it, and that includes Magneto. It wouldn't make sense for Magneto to know about a prototype Sentinel, and not bring it up once in the main trilogy as a reason to go to war with the humans. I would still find it hard to believe that in all their discussions about mutant registration and anti-mutant sentimentality, the X-men never once bring up a mutant hating machine that they fought when they were teens, though. It seems too important to forget.

Bolivar Trask was in The Last Stand, played by Bill Duke, so that might cause a problem with him dieing at the end of First Class. But the movie really made no mention of who he really was or anything, so they could just ignore X3 in this regard. Or they could make it so a relative was responsible for the sentinel.

Sentinels would look great. Especially if made by the team who did Transformers.

-Sentinels could work as they faced them in the danger room in X3 and they could've been the X-Men's hardest challenge, that's why they use them to train their students

-Plus why does the threat have to be lesser than those of the X-trilogy??? and besides nothing short of Apocalypse would live up ideally to The Phoenix + The War

-Plus in X2 they mentioned the MRA's which could be in this film as well, they program the MRA's into the sentinels so they can know where to find the mutants... thus why the MRA's were so dreaded in X2

what are the MRA's?
Mutant Registration Acts-Pretty self explanatory, but it basically was a list of who the mutants were and what their abilities were to keep tabs on them, just imagine if the list was programmed into a Sentinel, no mutant would be safe

Although doable, I think the sentinels would be a waste on First Class.

I'm going to build up a rant....

MOJO, MOJO, MOJO, MOJO...

Sorry i meant Chant...

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo, Mojo.....

chat with me LOL

y would the sentinels be a waste on First Class and y Mojo

I have to strongly disagree with Mojo, lol. He would completely destroy the movie. Ugh.

Actually if told right, Mojo could make a very good horror movie... but then it would have to de-associate itself with the x-men world. But im pro-mojo

It would need to be a team. Either HFC or the Brotherhood would be best.

Just do like X-Men Evolution did and have X-Men take on Brotherhood with Mystique or by themselves. No Magneto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"