Colin Farrell IS The Penguin

I wonder if Penguins gone against Batman yet in this universe, itd be interesting if we figure out that's why his face is go scarred, and I agree with the above that the gold tooth is really cool

The gold tooth is such a nice addition.

Woah you’re right!

There’s not many versions of Penguin that I like, but I’m really hoping to like Collin’s Penguin. There’s 3 things that I want to see. I want him to be an arms dealer, having a fascination with exotic birds, and eventually owning the Iceberg Lounge.

The vibe he gives me in the trailer (which is only a fleeting glimpse, so I could be off-base), and Reeves' comments about these characters not being "as we know them" yet, makes me feel like he's just a lower-level gangster in this who's maybe gonna make a play to fill the power vacuum if Falcone and Maroni are getting taken down, and he might move up to bigger mob boss and nightclub owner in sequels.

I wonder if he has the club already or not.

The vibe he gives me in the trailer (which is only a fleeting glimpse, so I could be off-base), and Reeves' comments about these characters not being "as we know them" yet, makes me feel like he's just a lower-level gangster in this who's maybe gonna make a play to fill the power vacuum if Falcone and Maroni are getting taken down, and he might move up to bigger mob boss and nightclub owner in sequels.

I get a lot of Tony Soprano vibes from this version of the Penguin. I think the Iceberg Lounge may already be part of the picture. Even when Tony was just a Capo in the first season of the Sopranos, him and his crew had the Bada Bing as their front and base of operations, I could see it being the same for Oswald. Besides, if Reeves really wants this to be a detective film noir take on Batman, there is no way he can resist having one of his mobster baddies operating out of a skeezy nightclub. It is just too pitch perfect for the genre.

I get a lot of Tony Soprano vibes from this version of the Penguin. I think the Iceberg Lounge may already be part of the picture. Even when Tony was just a Capo in the first season of the Sopranos, him and his crew had the Bada Bing as their front and base of operations, I could see it being the same for Oswald. Besides, if Reeves really wants this to be a detective film noir take on Batman, there is no way he can resist having one of his mobster baddies operating out of a skeezy nightclub. It is just too pitch perfect for the genre.
I hope there is a Tony Soprano influence and also that the Iceberg Lounge features from the off. I’ve always liked it and the Arkham games (and even the Gotham show :D ) solidified that further, also boosting my love for Penguin.

The scene where he yells, "This guy's crazy" had me on the edge of my seat. One can only imagine what Batman does here to elicit that kind of response. It's awe and dread in one fell swoop!

I thought Penguin sounded almost kind of giddy, and also looks like he's grinning/excited in the shot. Maybe out of panic/adrenaline, but almost gleeful in a way, like Batman is fun to play with on some level.

I thought Penguin sounded almost kind of giddy, and also looks like he's grinning/excited in the shot. Maybe out of panic/adrenaline, but almost gleeful in a way, like Batman is fun to play with on some level.

Absolutely. That's what I meant by awe and dread at the same time. It's almost as if he's marveling at him on some level.

You can see the Batmobile destroying some stuff behind him

I noticed. But, as it's just a quick shot intended for the teaser, the entire scene will better showcase the action. And I'm anxious to see it in its full glory.

Penguin’s Mother: “He’s playing with his umbrellas again. I wish the Lord would take me now.”

I was looking over old casting announcement articles during the Nolan era, and one of the articles at the time Ledger was cast makes mention of Philip Seymour Hoffman in relation to the role of The Penguin.

I genuinely don’t remember any of us believing that was on the table, but it just goes to show how much of what we hear about these movies up until production/release is really just guesswork.

EkI3kIMVcAA42qJ

I was looking over old casting announcement articles during the Nolan era, and one of the articles at the time Ledger was cast makes mention of Philip Seymour Hoffman in relation to the role of The Penguin.

I genuinely don’t remember any of us believing that was on the table, but it just goes to show how much of what we hear about these movies up until production/release is really just guesswork.

Fake casting/script news was wild back in the TDK/TDKR days.

Some unknown Australian dude named Lachy Hulme was The Joker, Philip Seymour Hoffman was The Penguin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was gonna be Alberto Falcone, Bane had an earthquake machine that was gonna level Gotham.

To this day I wonder where the Lachy Hulme thing came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"