• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comic-Con 2011

I'm making it a plan to book the hotel for next yr asap..no messing around. Also as soon as i get a whiff of info about "tickets..i'm buy them" I waited to long long and got zip

I had a ticket, but with my moving back home, and being unable to afford a flight, i was not able to go

Can we just rename this the Comic-Con thread? That 2010 is just screwing with my head.

For me, it's like this:

If it's fantasy, sci-fi, or an adaptation of something, or geeky in general, I don't see a problem with it being there.

Harry Potter? Yes
Twilight? Although I think it sucks, it'd qualify, yes.
Psych? Bordering on no, but it makes tons of references to 80's shows and had tons of geeky references in it, and is pretty much Sherlock Holmes in America, so just slides by with a yes.

Family Guy? Hell ****ing no. The Star Wars episodes are cool, yes, but not nearly enough for a whole goddamn panel.

Stay safe and watch out for those pens...

Does anyone think this might be the last one with huge studio presence?

A month ago it was revealed some studios might pull out of comic con since they weren't getting back the money they invested in at Comic Con.

People that saw previews at comic co weren't impressed which led to low box office returns

For me, it's like this:

If it's fantasy, sci-fi, or an adaptation of something, or geeky in general, I don't see a problem with it being there.

Harry Potter? Yes
Twilight? Although I think it sucks, it'd qualify, yes.
Psych? Bordering on no, but it makes tons of references to 80's shows and had tons of geeky references in it, and is pretty much Sherlock Holmes in America, so just slides by with a yes.

Family Guy? Hell ****ing no. The Star Wars episodes are cool, yes, but not nearly enough for a whole goddamn panel.

Love it or hate it, Family Guy counts. Animation is a fairly geeky medium. Also, it has even more nerdy 80's references than Psych.

I'm going to Comic-Con. :awesome:

Just not the one in San Diego. :o

It's that time again, I'm acutally going to my first comic con in a couple weeks. I'm hoping to meet Kevin Conroy.

Last edited:
For those that live in the DFW area, Dallas ComicCon is this weekend.

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/dcc.html

IDuFq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"