Comic Con Trailer Description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple months ago: http://themovieblog.com/2010/06/neal-mcdonough-is-dum-dum-dugan

1632hu.jpg

Oh, right, the dude from Minority Report. Didn't know he'd been cast as Dum-Dum. I like it, assuming he can rock a cartoonishly thick Boston accent. I always think of Dum-Dum talking like the guys from Car Talk. :D

I know him as the guy from Walking Tall. :D

I know very little about Dugan, I think I've read maybe 2 or 3 comics with him in them. Had no idea he was from Boston. McDonough's a pretty good actor though.

It's okay, I thought he was Irish for the longest time. Then I thought about it some more and I was like, "But why would he be in the American military...?" Then I read a profile and it said he was Bostonian, which made the way people write him make a lot more sense to me.

I like that they created a new character for the movies rather than importing an established one from the comics. Coulson is free to represent the SHIELD of the movies without any comparisons to how he "should" be because of his comic appearances, unlike the Contessa or Dum-Dum or Clay Quartermain. If they ever make a SHIELD movie, I'd hope they bring those characters in, but for the other heroes' movies, a fresh character who'll be known specifically for this works better. :up:

Marvel has added X-23 and Firestar into the comics after the characters began to grow in popularity from their respective tv shows, so I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be brought in. Given the fact that Marvel also changes things up to line up with the movie continuity as well (ie making Stryker and Deathstrike allies in the comics, following X2, or introducing a throwaway character called Mutant 143 for two issues during Austen's run) I could see Agent Coulson appearing not too far down the line.

Maybe once Maria Hill, Victoria Hand, and SWORD agent Brand get enough recognition that Marvel feels they could add Coulson as the newest agent to throw into the mix to call the shots.

I wondah if he watches Red Sahx games in the helicahhiah?

He'd probably get wicked pissed if Fin Fang Foom evuh got in his way, cuz there's only room fuh one green monstah, and he happens to live in Fenway!

Marvel has added X-23 and Firestar into the comics after the characters began to grow in popularity from their respective tv shows, so I wouldn't see why he wouldn't be brought in. Given the fact that Marvel also changes things up to line up with the movie continuity as well (ie making Stryker and Deathstrike allies in the comics, following X2, or introducing a throwaway character called Mutant 143 for two issues during Austen's run) I could see Agent Coulson appearing not too far down the line.

Maybe once Maria Hill, Victoria Hand, and SWORD agent Brand get enough recognition that Marvel feels they could add Coulson as the newest agent to throw into the mix to call the shots.
Whenever Steve Rogers goes back to being Cap and Nick Fury takes over as head of SHIELD again, they should introduce Coulson as his personal go-fer. "Coulson! It's 8:43 and I still feel like I just woke up. Where's. My. COFFEE?!" :hehe:

Whenever Steve Rogers goes back to being Cap and Nick Fury takes over as head of SHIELD again, they should introduce Coulson as his personal go-fer. "Coulson! It's 8:43 and I still feel like I just woke up. Where's. My. COFFEE?!" :hehe:

That'll probably happen just in time for the Cap movie, considering Marvel needs to sell books with Steve in his costume to cash in. I'm waiting for a Agent Coulson One-Shot to follow.

That'll probably happen just in time for the Cap movie, considering Marvel needs to sell books with Steve in his costume to cash in. I'm waiting for a Agent Coulson One-Shot to follow.

"Agent Coulson, Agent of SHIELD"

Haha, what the heck is Coulson's first name, anyway? Phil, I think, right?

It did take Chloe Sullivan nearly a decade to make it from Smallville to the actual comics, so we might do best not to hold our breath to see Coulson integrated into the comics, but I sincerely doubt Marvel will include him in four movies (assuming he'll be in Avengers) in four years and NOT take that as a sign that the character deserves a comicbook counterpart.

He's not without precedent, at least. Firestar was imported from the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon into the comics way back in the '80s.

what about the wondertwins? i know i know it's dc

They were added into Young Justice at one point and I think they were still around in Teen Titans a few years back.

i was gonna mention Wendy,Marvin and Wonderdog but i found out they are the caretakers of the Titans Tower

Marvin also got eaten by the Wonderdog. DC tends to axe its younger characters pretty brutally lately.

Yeah, most people seemed to think it was in poor taste. Probably because it really, really was. But Teen Titans has sucked in general for about 4 or 5 years now.

1632hu.jpg

Thanks for the info and pic. Whiskey Tango. I knew Dum Dum Dugan was going to be in the Captain America movie, but I did not know he had been cast already. I don't know who this actor is, but he looks perfect for the part.:yay:

Surfer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"