• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Conspiracy Theories And World Politics Thread

Conspiracies are a part of life.

In the twentieth century we had Pearl Harbour, Operation Barbarossa, The Holocaust, and the Manhattan Project as examples of very large conspiracies that were kept secret from the public. That's four examples, so I think it proves the point.

We shouldn't assume that everything is transparent.

Conspiracies are a part of life.

In the twentieth century we had Pearl Harbour, Operation Barbarossa, The Holocaust, and the Manhattan Project as examples of very large conspiracies that were kept secret from the public. That's four examples, so I think it proves the point.

We shouldn't assume that everything is transparent.
Oh, I know the government keeps secrets. Supposedly for our own good, like we're all little children. :rolleyes:

So, I've been thinking about posting this for quite some time. It's sorta complicated and I don't know if I can explain it well enough to really get through what I want to say, but I think people will get the basic idea.

The US has itself in more than a bit of a pickle when it comes to relationships with developing countries and it's a direct result of our economic system's influence on the political structure.

First off, a lot of people confuse "freedom" with "capitalism". The latter being the freedom to exploit workers by a distinct class within our society. These two words are not the same and it's time that people realize it.

The pickle is that the US has set itself up as the world police and has set up structures to ensure the survival of the US and it's allies that want to continue the economic system. Here's the rub; "help" means the enrichment and "freedom" of what is essentially the ruling class and it just so happens that not everyone wants their country to develop along those lines. This creates a tension that I believe will only be resolved when help means allowing other countries to develop economic and political structures that are truly democratic.

For these authoritarian regimes that utilize military might for political control, they need to be ostracized until such time as they see fit to work out a way to govern and develop economically in a way that truly benefits everyone. The problem, at its core, is that our political system is incapable of such a thing due to our fundamental economic system.......it's quite the conundrum.

This is just a very, very brief outline of a much, much longer thesis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"