• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Contest Of Marvels (Thread 1)

Trigger said:
lol, I come back to the Hype thinking I've missed something and all I find is hockey talk?
You got something against Hockey talk? :mad:

Trigger said:
lol, I come back to the Hype thinking I've missed something and all I find is hockey talk?

well you did miss something...you missed hockey talk! lol :p

Johnny Blaze said:
I agree. I think it's sad when a player takes the extra cash over a good situation, such as what Conroy and Habby had.
I mean, it's not like they weren't offered a respectable contract from Calgary and Tampa Bay, respectively.
I don't know about Conroy, but I know Bulin was offered around 4 Mil a season, IIRC.
He just wanted the extra cash and now he's getting punked on the ice...which is pretty sweet. Good to see karma still works. :) :up:

I know...I don't understand hockey players. Isn't like 4 million a year enough to play Hockey?? I would be happy with the 4 million, and a position of respect as opposed to a little more $, and being a noobie on a team that doesn't care that much about you.

Johnny Blaze said:
You got something against Hockey talk? :mad:

Yep, I'm very anti-hockey, and I'm on my period. Bring it ******!:mad: ............:p just kidding (about being on my period, not the hockey hate)

1-All Canadian products and sports are evil. Seriously.
2- Its about as fun as any other sport.
3- All the guys are to bruised to swoon over.

Any women who likes hockey is secretly a terrorist.

Trigger said:
1-All Canadian products and sports are evil. Seriously.
2- Its about as fun as any other sport.
3- All the guys are to bruised to swoon over.

Any women who likes hockey is secretly a terrorist.

lol that is some solid reasoning right there :rolleyes:

Hocky,... I tried to get into it... then I changed the channel.

The only Hocky I've liked was the first two Mighty Duck movies :up:

Y'know, to actually get this thread on topic:
Thanos

Hockey does not suck. Baseball is the most boring sport in human existance, and sucks the most. Hockey is fast paced, intense, and physical...I don't fall asleep watching it like I do when I attempt to watch Baseball or even Football.

Loki just because I want to take down Thanos ......... damn, can't do it, have to go with Thanos.

ContestofMarvelsHEADER3.gif

FINALS

BRACKET 1-4 GRAND CHAMPION and CONTEST of M FINALIST
THANOS BIO
thanos.gif

VS

BRACKET 5-8 GRAND CHAMPION and CONTEST of M FINALIST
DESAK BIO
Desak2.gif

This last week's match will be held in New York City..

Editor's Note - That's boring...

Editor's Note - Oh yeah?

Editor's Note - Yeah, you suck...:mad:

Editor's Note - FINE :mad: I will make it better...

The Location for this week will be held in Manhatton during Onslaught with countless Sentinels roaming the area.

If I were go have guessed who would have been in this final match,... Desak was not one of them... but I think he's actually a great match for Thanos, so I'm glad he is.

This is gonna be good..........

what a POWER final battle :up:

May not have anything up until Wednesday, so I ask that everyone please be patient.

Official call,.... voting does not start until both condenders get a debate up. This is the final, it's going to be legit, but to Powder and JB, don't let that give you reason to slack. I don't want voting to be put off unless absolutely necessary :up:

And again, remember that for this championship match, all votes are to be sent to me over PM. When you send me your vote, do not discuss it. I will reveal them all together at once.

I know I know, I have been slacking lately. I just been so busy lately that I haven't had as much time. I'm glad the DTL gave me an extra week....:up:

I was intending to write it last night but got caught up on other things. I am going to try my best to get one up tonight.

I apologize, but the debate should be worth it since I have been thinking a lot about the match.

BTW, Onslaught has no interaction with this match with his psionic power. Although the Sentinels are a different story. But since both Thanos and Desak have ultra high durability, it would have little effect.

I keep thinking there is more to Powder's avatar...what's that thing behind her, and what's it really doing? Does she have anything on below her??

THANOS vs DESAK

If there was ever an epic battle for a Finals it would be this one. The Titan vs the godslayer. This match would probably level whatever is left of Manhattan after Onslaught and the Sentinels. The potential for these two colliding would certainly take notice of the sentinels, but whatever firepower they have would be mere nuissances for these collosal beings. Which they would probably end up throwing the remnants at each other.

Prep-Time:

Desak thinks to himself as he surveys his matches and great battles that he has endured through this tournament. He has beaten powerful beings, but not without enduring and persevering through great obstacles. He's almost done and he has only one more being to beat to reach the finish line.

There are very few beings that have never heard of the name Thanos. I would be greatly surprised for someone like Desak who has gone from one end of the galaxy to the other, if he has never heard of Thanos. Especially for someone who has made a living in knowing threats to the common man and the universe.

It's debatable on how much he would know about Thanos. But he should have at least a general idea of some of his feats and his powers. But the Jewel has come to Desak to guide and aid and pretty well instruct him in what he should do. This being an important time for Desak I would expect the Jewel to disclose information that would help in his match since Desak's life would hold in the balance. And there is nothing more important for his continued conquests than this match.

MATCH

Sizing up each other each have similiar strength and durability. Speed might just favor Desak but just slightly. Desak's stamina edges Thanos' as well. Desak took a beating, and blasts from the Destroyer who's strength dwarfs even Thanos, and just got right back up and start pounding back.

As for fighting capability, this would be quite even although Desak has stood up to King Thor and beat him around like a doll, while fighting other gods including Magni (Thor's son who is stronger), Balder, Enchantress, Hogun, and several other gods, so he is certainly no slouch. He also grows more stronger and stronger with each being kills and absorbs into his jewel. He not only absorbs their powers but their fighting styles, and he has killed thousands of beings so you can imagine how good he is. However Thanos has equally as good showings so there is no great advantage.

Now as for the cosmic power that Thanos wields, this would certainly be Thanos' greatest power. However with durability equal to his, Desak could certainly take the beating involved. And there is a possibility with his jewel since it's mystical in origin that not only does it protect him from gods but from other great and powerful forces as it has done with the Odinpower, and has repelled Mjolnir with a protective barrier. So there is a good chance that he could hold off Thanos' cosmic powers. As for Desak's Tools of Negation (his most powerful energy balst), it has knocked King Thor down, so it's powerful as well, but it would be the same result against Thanos since he has nearly the same attributes.

Truly to pay homage to Thanos, there is a reason why he is in the Finals as there is a reason Desak is here. They are equal in powers and this match could truly go either way. The thig is Desak has mystical powers to help protect him and he has been made to fight the most powerfull beings in this universe as well as other dimensions. He has killed several gods at a time and has done the impossible by destroying and absorbing the powers of these immortal gods. So what difference would this match make it? Absolutely none. Desak has as much of a chance as Thanos to win this. But I think with his mystical powers and protection and the fact that he is a match to Thanos is physical attributes with a slight edge, and the fact that he can can fight several gods at a time that he can endure. At the very least this match could last days, and with a greater endurance than Thanos he might just outlast him in a test of endurance.

WINNER DESAK

Voting Begins

REMINDER TO PM JewishHobbit YOUR VOTE AND LEAVE NO INDICATION WHO YOU VOTED FOR IN THIS THREAD.

I, JH OR PHAEDRUS WILL MAKE A BUMP EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE TO KEEP THIS THREAD NEAR THE TOP SO EVERYONE WILL KNOW TO VOTE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"