• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Character you have created: Captain Thomas Holloway
Alias: Captain Hellfire

Speech Color: Bold, Comic Sans

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: Known

Character Personality: Thomas grew up a troubled child, and still has an arrogance about him. The military life has helped straighten him out, giving Thomas a certain coolness, even in the tightest of situations. Captain has a strong sense of right and wrong, even if what he sees as "wrong" is legal. Thomas carries a devotion to his teammates, his family, and is willing to die for them and his beliefs.

Uniform/costume:

In his Battle Armor
47656d1296002436-sci-fi-fantasy-wallpapers-33235-future_soldier.future-soldier.jpg

Without his Armor
Interceptor2.jpg

Origin Info/Details: Thomas grew up in a military family under the strict eye of his father. His mother left when he was six, leaving his dad, a three star general, to take care of Thomas on his own. To his credit he did his best, but being in a high ranking position meant he was never really there for Thomas growing up. So Thomas learned at an early age to take care of himself.

Growing up he obtained a rebelious attitude, often getting into fights and general no-good, prompting the nickname "Hellfire" because it was what he was filled with according to his father. One day, when Thomas was seventeen, his father died of a stroke, leaving him with regret and conviction.
Deciding to get his act together to honor his old man, Thomas cleaned himself up and enlisted into the Core. He excelled at Paris Island, and when he became a full-fledged marine, he rose through the ranks with a ferocity that highlighted his work ethic and keen intellect in the business of warfare.

Throughout it all, Thomas got to know another general who was a close friend of his father's. Thomas never asked for any help, and he never received any as he rose to a well respected figure in the Marine Core. Eventually, his father's friend pulled some strings, and got him promoted to the rank of Captain and stationed in one of the military's secret facilities.
It was at this facility where Thomas' life would change forever.

Thomas rarely knew about any of the projects going on at the secret base, and he liked it like that. The more he didn't know, the less he'd have to worry about. But one day an absent minded scientist (or perhaps the hand of fate?) left one of the doors to the "off-limits" areas open.
Thomas at first started to close it, but his temptation got the better of him and he carefully walked inside. The room was empty, except for a large, plastic cell. The cell was as empty as the room, save for single hard cot, a toilet...and a small gray-skinned alien.

Thomas' mind began to race, but he quickly steadied himself as best he could. Maintain composure, even if it's just a show. The Gray introduced himself telepathically as Alek, and the two talked. Alek was a scientist of his race who came to Earth to warn us of an impending hostile takeover of our planet by his people, but his ship crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in the 40's. He was the only survivor of his crew, and has been held in this facility since then.

For some reason, Thomas felt Alek was telling the truth, and he freed the alien. Together they made their way to a hidden hanger where they discovered a experimental space craft that the government had created from reverse-engineering Alek's ship.
With a little ingenuity and bravery, the pair managed to get to the craft and take off before the entire base was alerted.

For ten years, Thomas and Alek joined forces with other other heroic sentients and battled the Grays in a bloody guerilla war. Thomas as the crew he commanded became legendary. He and his men fought with a tenacity that was unmatched, and the Thomas' old nickname in a way returned. Now enemy and ally alike knew Thomas as Captain Hellfire. A fan of the Greek myths, Thomas dubbed his team the Argonauts, after the mythical group of legendary warriors.
Eventually, the Grays gave up their crusade to take control of the Earth, leaving the heroes of the small war to figure out what to do next.

Thomas, now thirty-two years old and feeling he can't return home, captain's the ship he and Alek stole, called the Icarus, and a small crew of battle-hardened misfits, the Argonauts. Together they travel the stars, looking for some honest merc work, and using their own brand of justice where they see fit.

Hero Type (Select one): Normal
Power Level (Select one below): Street Level

Powers (Be Specific): None; Thomas is a normal human.

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Peak Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Peak Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Peak Human

Agility: Peak Human

Intelligence: Average; Genuis (battle tactics, strategy); Above-Average (general spacer knowledge)

Fighting Skill: Mastered (Thomas has mastered his MC combat training, as well as a few extraterrestrial martial arts; Thomas is a master in firearm and knife combat)

Resources: Minimal (what he has is whatever is on his ship, Icarus)

Weaknesses: None

Supporting Characters:

Alek: A Gray alien scientist who is a brilliant inventor, and is a bit crazy. After all, being cooped up in a small, plastic cage for over fifty years will have that affect. Alek though escaped one day in the sixties and somehow made it to San Francisco. There he fell in love with Marijuana, and has taken to growing his own plants in his room on the Icarus. The herb, according to Alek, helps stir his creativity. Alek is also a huge fan of Earth TV programs.
Alek, like all the Grays, possess minor telepathic abilities.

The Argonauts

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Far as I know, the cosmic side of this game has been barely explored. And that, my friends, is a damn shame. So, myself, with the aid of at least one other like-minded individual want to expand the RPing into the stars and expand the CAH Universe a bit.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Experience

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yep

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
"I told you not to smoke that **** up here", Thomas said as he entered the bridge of the Icarus. It was the night cycle of the ship, and most of the crew was asleep, save for Alek, who had watch, and the Captain.

"You did", Alek said as he took another puff from his joint.
"And, if I thought you'd catch me, I wouldn't have done it. But, since it is already lit, and everyone else is asleep..."

*sigh* "Ok, this one, and no more. You know some of the crew doesn't like that ****."

"Well, they're idiots", Alek scoffed as he kicked his feet up onto the armrest of the pilot's chair.

"Ha", Thomas chuckled as he took the seat next to Alek's and got comfortable.
"I've come to realize that everyone who has a different opinion than your's is an idiot."

Alek sat up and mockingly waved his fist in the air, "And rightfully so! Rabble! Rabble!"

"South Park?"

"Yeah", Alek sighed and leaned back in his chair, taking a big drag off of the joint that hung from his mouth.

The Icarus was quietly floating along in the Black, the eerie shine of the stars a picturesque backdrop, as the two friends sat back and gazed out into the eternal night beyond the bridge.

"You know...there are times when I do feel homesick. Like a gnawing in my gut, a wanting to see my home again", Thomas says, breaking the silence, "but then I see this...and I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be..."

A series of small comets rocketed past, not even a lightyear away, leaving a glittering trail of cosmic brilliance that shimmered against the starry backdrop of space.

"Welcome home, Captain Hellfire", Alek said before taking another puff, and the two sat back in peace, quietly watching the cosmic show play on before them.

Approved

[FONT=&quot]Create a Hero RPG SEASON IV Application[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Character you have created:[/FONT] Bărbat Puternic

[FONT=&quot]Alias:[/FONT] Barb

[FONT=&quot]Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): [/FONT]Green and bold.

[FONT=&quot]Character Alignment: Hero[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Identity: Secret/Known[/FONT]: Known

[FONT=&quot]Character Personality:[/FONT]
Barb is a warrior. He lives for combat, he loves being in combat. The reason why he enjoys combat is because in combat he doesn't have to think about anything but fighting. All the death he caused by not acting is forgotten. Outside of fighting, he's not apposed to having a good time. In his quiet moments, his thoughts go back to the war and his desertion. He now serves with the Argonauts to make up for his past mistakes, promising never to abandon another person in need again.

[FONT=&quot]Uniform/costume: [/FONT]
CUGMv.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Origin Info/Details:[/FONT]

Bărbat Puternic is a Strekian, native of the planet Sterk. He was born in the city or Onora to miner parents. After a minimal education, Barb began his mandatory service in the Sterkian Military. Barb served as a petty officer on the warship SCN Distrugător. After an exceptional three year service, Barb chose to renew his commitment to the navy and applied for special forces.

Barb became a squad leader for the Vanguards, Strekian special forces that pulled off operations across the galaxy. Ten years ago, Barb's squad were en route to an op against a cell of Marqquod terrorist when their ship encountered another craft. Inside the ship were two beings. One of which was a member of the Grays, the other a member of a species Barb and his men had never encountered. A human. According to the Gray, his people were poised to invade the human's planet. While it wasn't part of his mission, Barb and his men heard the human out. A dozen terrorist or a flat-out invasion? The terrorists could wait. Barb's squad saddled up with the human and Gray and went to war.

Unbeknownst to Barb, while he was with Gray, known as Alek, and the human, called Thomas Holloway, the Marqquod cell acted out a damaging terrorist attack on a Strek mining facility. Thousands were killed and, although Barb helped repeal the Gray invasion, he was dishonorably discharged by the Strek military, charged with desertion and with a death warrant on his head. Knowing no place else to go, Barb and his men stayed with the two travelers and the rest of the crew he acquired. During the war with the Grays, the rest of Barb's squad were killed in the combat and only Barb survived.

Now, Barb acts as chief security officer and weapons and demo expert for the Icarus. He deals with the guilt of deserting his planet and his people while trying avoid the bounty on his head.

[FONT=&quot]Hero Type (Select one):[/FONT]
Brick/Muscle

[FONT=&quot]Power Level (Select one below):[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Powers (Be Specific):[/FONT] Barb has extra durable skin, super strength, and a slight healing factor, all part of his racial traits as a Strekian.

[FONT=&quot]Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level:[/FONT]10

[FONT=&quot]Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Relative to a human[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: [/FONT]3

[FONT=&quot]Agility: [/FONT]Relative to a human

[FONT=&quot]Intelligence: [/FONT]Above Average

[FONT=&quot]Fighting Skill: [/FONT]Mastered hand to hand fighting and gun combat.

[FONT=&quot]Resources: [/FONT]Minimal

[FONT=&quot]Weaknesses:[/FONT] Although he has tough skin, Barb can be killed by conventional means.

[FONT=&quot]Supporting Characters:[/FONT] The Argonauts

[FONT=&quot]List a few reasons why you've created that character:[/FONT] JB was talking about his idea, and I've been a space opera scifi kinda mood. So, I threw my hat into the ring.

[FONT=&quot]What can you bring to the RPG?: [/FONT]Your mother.

[FONT=&quot]Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:[/FONT] Yep.

[FONT=&quot]Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

Tatem XII

[/FONT]The tall, skinny Dwek came into the packed cantina and looked around. The place was filled with various types. There were miners from two star systems over had hopped a barge and jumped to Tatem XII, looking to spend their hard earned pay on some drinks and women. There were a small collection of businessmen who looked like they had lost all their money in the Panto Stock Exchange. A call girl leaned against an odd, pink skinned alien and whispered sweet nothings into his ear.

The Dwek saw Barb nursing a drink in the corner booth. He made eye contact with Barb and walked over.

"You the captain?" The Dwek asked, looking nervously over his shoulder.

"Maybe. You the man that needs transport?"

"Yeah," the Dwek said, looking down at Barb. "You're here early. Like, by an hour."

"We got a saying about that where I come from."

"By the way, you're Hellfire? I thought you were some type of weird alien, not a Strek."

"What can I say?" Barb said with a shrug. "Rumors and such. Have a seat."

The Dwek sat down across the table from him and Barb hid the smirk he felt coming on as he saw the Dwek palm something from his pocket.

"Well, I--"

"Not another word," Barb said, his calm and easy manner disappearing. They were replaced by a steely gaze. "You don't say another word until you drop that blaster."

"Ah," the Dwek said with a chuckle. "Saw that, did you?"

"Yep. Blaster under the table is about as cliche as you can get."

"Well, I don't want to cause a scene. Scanner said you don't have any weapons on you. I'm disappointed. You don't live up to your reputation, Hellfire."

"Yeah, well, rumors and such. Mind telling me who hired you to kill me?"

"Ah, that would ruin my reputation as a professional," the Dwek asked with a grin."Any last words, Hellfire?"
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]"Just that saying I mentioned. The one we have on Strek."

Suddenly, half the bar was a blur of motion. The miners had plasma bolt guns pointed in the Dwek's face, the businessmen had plam-sized blasters the same size as the Dwek's, pointed straight at the assassin.

"'Întotdeauna apar primele trei ore la o întâlnire,'" Barb said in his native tongue. "'Always show up three hours early to a meeting.'"

The pink-skinned alien that had been with the callgirl walked over, his gun trained on the Dwek.

"Captain Hellfire. Howdy. Let's talk about who wants to kill me."

And approved

Im waiting for Nicodemus to get back to me before posting we started plotting something where this post Im writing could easily flow into but I aint wantin to jump the shark or anythin

Im waiting for Nicodemus to get back to me before posting we started plotting something where this post Im writing could easily flow into but I aint wantin to jump the shark or anythin
You use this phrase... I do not think it means what you think it means.

I just googled it. And yes. You are correct, EB. So yea, I dont wanna post until me and Nico finish plotting stuff

So tried to get a rundown for a current roster of PCs, and this is what I've come up with. If I'm missing anyone, or any character has been dropped, let a cracker know...

Heroes

Acrobat
(Nicodemus)

Amazing Man
(Eddie Brock)

Barb
(Byrd Man)

Blacklight
(Blacklight)

Captain Hellfire
(Johnny Blaze)

Eve
(MST3K_4ever)

Kensei
(Johnny Blaze)

Lyger
(Nightmare Shape)

Mantis
(Eddie Brock)

[BLACKOUT]The Vigilante [/BLACKOUT]
(Hound55)

The Youngster
(Mr. Majestic)

Walking the Line

Inferno
(sabetoonth)

Pygmalion
(Erin)

Villains

Adam Phoenix
(MST3K_4ever)

Blackwind
(Nightmare Shape)​

Last edited:
I'm dropping Amazing Man in favor of...

Create a Hero RPG SEASON IV Application

Character you have created:
Neutali Arthaa
Alias: Newt

Speech Color:
Bold, light purple, Arial Narrow

Character Alignment:
Hero

Identity:
Known

Character Personality:
Newt is a brilliant, albeit absent-minded, engineer. He loves tinkering and working with his hands. He can be a bit jittery at times, and he's something of a fast-talker. Newt is almost criminally friendly, but he sometimes lacks the social prowess of his peers. He often puts his foot in his mouth, and he says inappropriate or insensitive things without realizing it.

Uniform/Costume:
Newt wears a skintight bodysuit which keeps his skin hydrated at all times. His hands and feet are exposed. When he goes off the Icarus and into the field, Newt wears light body armor on top of the bodysuit.

As a Telly, Newt is small relative to humans. He stands at 5'4". His skin, which is slick, is a light purple color with blueish accents. His species resembles a salamander: two closely-spaced nostrils instead of a nose, a wide mouth, and dark black eyes.

Origin Info/Details:
Neutali Arthaa, nicknamed "Newt" by many, is a Telly from the planet Luthien. He is the youngest of a family of nine - a small family by Telly standards. From a young age, Newt was fascinated by electronics. He would tinker with his father's terraforming tools, often disassembling them completely to examine their parts. This would get him in trouble with his father. Newt would make up for it by building new tools and equipment which simplified his father's work.

Newt's father wanted him to go into terraforming, as Newt's six brothers had done. However, Newt was already bored of doing the same work with the same tools every day. So when he was a young man, he negotiated free passage aboard a shipping freighter in exchange for streamlining their ventilation system. From there, Newt began traveling the galaxy - from ship to ship and port to port. It was a lonely life, so he constructed PAL, the Primary Anthropomorphic Lifesystem.

One day, on a planetary outpost on one of the moons of Gersemi, Newt crossed paths with a strange alien. The alien called himself a "human" and hailed from the faraway planet of "Earth." The human and his crew were stranded, due to a faulty hyperdrive in their ship's reactor core. Newt offered to repair the hyperdrive, and he has been a loyal crewmember of the Icarus and an Argonaut ever since.

Hero Type (Select one):
Normal (Non-powered characters)

Power Level (Select one below):
1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)

Powers (Be Specific):
As a Telly, Newt possesses a few interesting abilities. First, his hands and feet can cling to sheer surfaces, allowing Newt to climb walls. Second, Newt can slowly regenerate lost limbs. Lastly, he is an adept swimmer and can remain underwater indefinitely.

Attributes:

Strength Level:
Normal Human (relative)
Speed/Reaction Timing Level:
3x Normal Human
Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort:
Normal Human (relative)
Agility:
5x Normal Human
Intelligence:
Genius (engineering/technology)
Fighting Skill:
Untrained
Resources:
Minimal (but his technological genius allows him utilize minimal resources efficiently)

Weaknesses:
As a Telly, Newt's body is adapted to humid, wet climates. When he is outside of such climates, he must wear a bodysuit at all times to keep his skin moist and hydrated. If he removes the bodysuit, he will dry up and suffer extreme discomfort within an hour. His skin is also very soft and vulnerable, meaning that he must wear armor to protect himself.

Supporting Characters:
The Argonauts and PAL, his robotic companion.

List a few reasons why you've created that character:
Add one part Mass Effect, one part Star Trek, one part Star Wars, mix with a multi-PC team of space mercenaries, and serve chilled over ice.

What can you bring to the RPG?:
Experience. Familiarity. Justice.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:
Yes.

I look down, annoyed, at the tool in my hand. "I asked for a socket wrench, not a sonic screwdriver." I spin on my heels to face PAL. Shaking my head, I hold out the unwanted tool. "Honestly, I don't know what is with you lately." As PAL takes the screwdriver from my hand, I continue, "It's like I didn't even program you with a comprehensive speech analysis algorithm."

The dejected, little robot reverses his treads and swivels at his base. If I had constructed him with a neck, I'm sure he'd be hanging his head right now.

"Oh, come on now," I sigh. "Don't pull this act, you little drama queen. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings." When he returns with the socket wrench, I pat him on top of his flat head. "That's better. Now, go make yourself useful and check those external pressure valves, would you?" As he rolls away, I turn my attention back to the machine in front of me.

"Newt."

The suddenness of the announcement causes me to jump and drop my wrench. I turn and see Captain Thomas Holloway standing at the entrance to the engineering bay, arms folded behind his back. I pick up my wrench and stand up straight.

"Captain."

Captain Hellfire steps forward, each step slow and methodical - like everything he does. "How's that coolant leak?" he asks.

"Workin' on it right now," I assure him. A sudden crash catches both of our attention. Somewhere around the corner, PAL has knocked something over. "As you can see, my assistant's been... less than helpful today."

"How long until it's fixed?"

"Another day. Two max."

Captain nods. It's the answer he was expecting, I'm sure. "Are we clear to take off?"

I nod vigorously. "Oh yes. She'll be a little sluggish, but she's flight-capable. So long as we don't enter into a chase or a confrontation, we should be fine."

"Fingers crossed, then, Mr. Arthaa." He smiles.

I'm dropping Amazing Man in favor of...

Create a Hero RPG SEASON IV Application

Character you have created: Neutali Arthaa
Alias: Newt

Speech Color: Bold, light purple, Arial Narrow

Character Personality: Newt is a brilliant, albeit absent-minded, engineer. He loves tinkering and working with his hands. He can be a bit jittery at times, and he's something of a fast-talker. Newt is almost criminally friendly, but he sometimes lacks the social prowess of his peers. He often puts his foot in his mouth, and he says inappropriate or insensitive things without realizing it.

Uniform/Costume: Newt wears a skintight bodysuit which keeps his skin hydrated at all times. His hands and feet are exposed. When he goes off the Icarus and into the field, Newt wears light body armor on top of the bodysuit.

As a Telly, Newt is small relative to humans. He stands at 5'4". His skin, which is slick, is a light purple color with blueish accents. His species resembles a salamander: two closely-spaced nostrils instead of a nose, a wide mouth, and dark black eyes.

Origin Info/Details: Neutali Arthaa, nicknamed "Newt" by many, is a Telly from the planet Luthien. He is the youngest of a family of nine - a small family by Telly standards. From a young age, Newt was fascinated by electronics. He would tinker with his father's terraforming tools, often disassembling them completely to examine their parts. This would get him in trouble with his father. Newt would make up for it by building new tools and equipment which simplified his father's work.

Newt's father wanted him to go into terraforming, as Newt's six brothers had done. However, Newt was already bored of doing the same work with the same tools every day. So when he was a young man, he negotiated free passage aboard a shipping freighter in exchange for streamlining their ventilation system. From there, Newt began traveling the galaxy - from ship to ship and port to port. It was a lonely life, so he constructed PAL, the Primary Anthropomorphic Lifesystem.

One day, on a planetary outpost on one of the moons of Gersemi, Newt crossed paths with a strange alien. The alien called himself a "human" and hailed from the faraway planet of "Earth." The human and his crew were stranded, due to a faulty hyperdrive in their ship's reactor core. Newt offered to repair the hyperdrive, and he has been a loyal crewmember of the Icarus and an Argonaut ever since.

Hero Type (Select one): Normal (Non-powered characters)

Power Level (Select one below): 1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)

Powers (Be Specific): As a Telly, Newt possesses a few interesting abilities. First, his hands and feet can cling to sheer surfaces, allowing Newt to climb walls. Second, Newt can slowly regenerate lost limbs. Lastly, he is an adept swimmer and can remain underwater indefinitely.

Attributes:
Strength Level: Normal Human (relative)
Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 3x Normal Human
Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human (relative)
Agility: 5x Normal Human
Intelligence: Genius (engineering/technology)
Fighting Skill: Untrained
Resources: Minimal (but his technological genius allows him utilize minimal resources efficiently)

Weaknesses: As a Telly, Newt's body is adapted to humid, wet climates. When he is outside of such climates, he must wear a bodysuit at all times to keep his skin moist and hydrated. If he removes the bodysuit, he will dry up and suffer extreme discomfort within an hour. His skin is also very soft and vulnerable, meaning that he must wear armor to protect himself.

Supporting Characters: The Argonauts and PAL, his robotic companion.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: Add one part Mass Effect, one part Star Trek, one part Star Wars, mix with a multi-PC team of space mercenaries, and serve chilled over ice.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Experience. Familiarity. Justice.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yes.

I look down, annoyed, at the tool in my hand. "I asked for a socket wrench, not a sonic screwdriver." I spin on my heels to face PAL. Shaking my head, I hold out the unwanted tool. "Honestly, I don't know what is with you lately." As PAL takes the screwdriver from my hand, I continue, "It's like I didn't even program you with a comprehensive speech analysis algorithm."

The dejected, little robot reverses his treads and swivels at his base. If I had constructed him with a neck, I'm sure he'd be hanging his head right now.

"Oh, come on now," I sigh. "Don't pull this act, you little drama queen. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings." When he returns with the socket wrench, I pat him on top of his flat head. "That's better. Now, go make yourself useful and check those external pressure valves, would you?" As he rolls away, I turn my attention back to the machine in front of me.

"Newt."

The suddenness of the announcement causes me to jump and drop my wrench. I turn and see Captain Thomas Holloway standing at the entrance to the engineering bay, arms folded behind his back. I pick up my wrench and stand up straight.

"Captain."

Captain Hellfire steps forward, each step slow and methodical - like everything he does. "How's that coolant leak?" he asks.

"Workin' on it right now," I assure him. A sudden crash catches both of our attention. Somewhere around the corner, PAL has knocked something over. "As you can see, my assistant's been... less than helpful today."

"How long until it's fixed?"

"Another day. Two max."

Captain nods. It's the answer he was expecting, I'm sure. "Are we clear to take off?"

I nod vigorously. "Oh yes. She'll be a little sluggish, but she's flight-capable. So long as we don't enter into a chase or a confrontation, we should be fine."

"Fingers crossed, then, Mr. Arthaa." He smiles.

Approved...

I accept your experience and familarity, but I'll mete out the justice around here... *Hoists pants to sherrif-levels*

OK seriously, working on posts as we speak. Will have something in within the next day or so

So tried to get a rundown for a current roster of PCs, and this is what I've come up with. If I'm missing anyone, or any character has been dropped, let a cracker know...

Heroes

Acrobat
(Nicodemus)

Adam Phoenix
(MST3K_4ever)

Amazing Man
(Eddie Brock)

Barb
(Byrd Man)

Blacklight
(Blacklight)

Captain Hellfire
(Johnny Blaze)

Eve
(MST3K_4ever)

Kensei
(Johnny Blaze)

Lyger
(Nightmare Shape)

Mantis
(Eddie Brock)

(Hound55)

The Youngster
(Mr. Majestic)

Walking the Line

Inferno
(sabetoonth)

Pygmalion
(Erin)

Villains

Blackwind
(Nightmare Shape)​

Adam Phoenix is Eve's Nemesis

Ok, switched Phoenix around. So, this is good then? Figured the opening post could use a basic roster so people can see who's what.
Like, for example, it's appalling that we only have two PC villains. :csad:

Heroes

Acrobat
(Nicodemus)

Barb
(Byrd Man)

Blacklight
(Blacklight)

Captain Hellfire
(Johnny Blaze)

Eve
(MST3K_4ever)

Kensei
(Johnny Blaze)

Lyger
(Nightmare Shape)

Mantis
(Eddie Brock)

Newt
(Eddie Brock)

(Hound55)

The Youngster
(Mr. Majestic)

Walking the Line

Inferno
(sabetoonth)

Pygmalion
(Erin)

Villains

Adam Phoenix
(MST3K_4ever)

Blackwind
(Nightmare Shape)​

I'm sitting on one at the moment because I've barely had time for The Vigilante (which I'll be knocking a post up for today). But SureShot will return...

As promised, a couple of posts up. I'll be getting more up soon

I apologize for mistakes.. Byrd has been hanging over me all night with a whip. I'd say it was super sexy, except he hits hard :csad:

Character you have created: Sviði Cvida, A Kelsan scientist and trader/pilot.

Alias: Svi

Speech Color: Italicized, Steelblue

Character Personality: Svi grew up in what humans would refer to as a ‘nuclear family’ on her home planet of Frysti. Intelligent and quiet Svi was most comfortable observing and learning. This prompted her to become one of her worlds more promising pupils when it came to the sciences. She does however have an underlying temper that is prone to slow, cool burns. During high pressure situations she’s able to keep her wits about her and react with calm detachment. She has a weakness for items from human culture, specifically books.

Uniform/costume: 'Street' clothes for her planet. Usually natural fabrics and textiles. She often wears a tight shirt and leggings made from some sort of leather, with a loose, flowy, hooded coat over top that. Usually whatever she can pick-up places that fits her.

Origin Info/Details: Sviði Cvida is from the planet Frysti where the inhabitants call themselves ‘Kelsens’. A xenophobic species, in a backwater part of the universe, since first setting foot into space they have created massive barriers around their planet and its satellites. Few Kelsan leave planetside, and even fewer leave the mines, colonies, scientific and military installations and space port in its largest moon. Those who do, do so only after receiving specialized survival and pilot training to function as traders to the few close systems around them. Despite cutting themselves off from the rest of the universe the Kelsans are an advanced species who live in harmony with nature, most of the cultures on the planet pull elements of it into their technology, architecture and art.

Svi was born on the 5th continent in the southern hemisphere of the planet to an artist and astronomer. Despite the fact that Kelsen’s are hermaphrodites up until they bond and then decide their sex in conjunction with their mate, Svi took the pronoun ‘she’ at a relatively early age.
The 3rd of five children, an abnormally large family for her planet, she excelled in theoretical and applied science and in her 80th year, young for a Kelsen who's average lifespan is approx. 300, she was approved to be stationed at the scientific outpost on Frysti’s largest moon (Lexna). There she took part in numerous experiments being conducted with dark matter. Hearing of the planets beyond the special barriers from her older sibling stationed in the military station on the outer moon of Nertril, she quickly became interested in the sciences of aliens that visited the station and the small space port in Lexna. Because the people coming through the port were usually traders interested in profit, very few usable pieces of information were available, much to her frustration so in her 90th year she applied to train as a trader. A highly intensive training experience she learned to fight, how to use weapons most she helped develop) and pilot a space craft, once finished, and with special clearance she passed through the special barrier.

She’s been off Frysti and its domains for over 5 years and survived by staying mostly to herself.

Kelsen physiology:
Hardly seen off their planet or its moons, Kelsens are a unique sight with a life span of up to 300 human years. They are tall humanoids, anywhere from 6 -8 feet tall with a few standing. They have prehensile tails, four arms on their torso with smoothed facial features. Each of their 4 hands consists of three long, slender fingers and one opposable thumb. Their skin is smooth with minimal pores and very little follicles. Their skulls tend to swoop back with a slight point to it, otherwise it is very human-like, and their ears are also smoothly attached to their heads. Silky, thin hair is on their head. Its thickness is dependent upon the individual and usually comes in blacks, blues, greens and violets with very few having a recessive gene for white hair. Their eyes tend to be a darker or lighter variation of their skin tone, with short, dense upper and lower eye lashes mimicking their hair color.
All Kelsens are born a tone of violet, as they age their skin changes from violet to red along the color spectrum. Despite this similarity, color tones and variations of the spectrum are different depending on the home continent or culture each one comes from. Kelsens of the Southern hemisphere tend to be lighter in tone than those in the Southern, with those in the 6th continent retaining their blue/violet tones longer into their lifespan than those on others.
Sexually the Kelsen’s are hermaphrodites, with most waiting to find a mate before deciding to be fully male or female. Their torsos are smooth and show no signs of differentiation until a sex is chosen whereupon those choosing ‘female’ often adapt to have wider hips and slightly more pronounced mammaries. Few choose before mating to choose their sex. Sexuality isn’t a defining feature in Kelsen culture and once they decide on one sex or another they are treated no differently, with the family structure not being influenced.

Hero Type (Select one):

Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)

Powers (Be Specific):
Kelsen’s are prone to high intelligence, dexterity/agility, longevity and heightened healing.

Strength Level: 10 tons
Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30mph
Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3
Agility: 16X
Intelligence: Genius (specifically theoretical & applied sciences of her planet)
Fighting Skill: Trained (hand to hand, Kelsen weaponry)
Resources: Minimal
Weaknesses: Can be killed by conventional methods.

Supporting Characters: On her home planet she has a family and network of friends and work colleagues. However once she went off world communication with them was cut off. Now she only has the crew of the Icarus.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: JB and Byrd approached me with the idea and having been watching all the Star Treks I loved the thought of creating my own species and then playing a character from it.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Hopefully an interesting story and a unique perspective.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: I do.

The crowd moved from the creature like tiny ripples as it passed through. Towering over most of them its tall slender form was at least 2 meters in height. Form fitting clothing looking to be made out of leather show off its rather figureless body underneath a long, thin flowy coat, the hood of which covered most of the form’s face. Looking as out of place as it looked, the species moved into a corner of the busy alien thoroughfare and surveyed the space ships through the large windows.

“Are… are you… it?” The figure looked down at what seemed like a diminutive creature and blinked its large, slanted and dark violet eyes. It nodded slowly watching the small hair covered alien next to it, the small one blinked nervously and then dug into the pouch he carried at his side, before pulling out a small mechanism and holding it before the large form.

A slender hand four fingered hand reached out of the coat; it’s thin, pale violet-blue skin almost glistening in the pale light. Gently taking the mechanism it turned it over and over inspecting it.

”Yes. This will do.” The furry alien blinked at the delicate voice that came from the towering alien. It sounded almost like chimes and took him aback. A small bag appeared in front of his face and as he refocused his eyes he noticed the thing holding it was a thin… tail coming out from under the alien’s jacket.

Sensing the hesitancy the violet-blue creature tilted its head and jingled the bag.
”Are the funds insufficient?”

“Oh, umm.. nononono not a worry.” Taking the bag into his hand a weighing it in his palm he let out a nervous noise and sank back into the shadows of a nearby alley. The violet alien watched with curiosity before looking back at the item in its hand. It was crude, but she was sure she’d get it to work. She turned and walked back down the covered ‘street’, past the vendors and assorted other aliens. Most species she recognized by sight now. Her long legs carried her quickly to her ship which she surveyed with some disappointment. Its damage was almost irreparable, thanks to that freak meteor shower. She let out a sigh, which to passersby sounded like a chime.

A movement caught her eye near her ship and she noticed figures slinking away. Stepping closer she realized what was happening. They were attempting to loot her ship. Striding forward she held out an arm, a thin piece of silver circled down it.

”I suggest you step away from my ship.”

The two figures emerged from the shadows, leering.

“Oh yeah?” The distinctively more oily one said.

Shaking her head and allowing her hood to fall to her shoulders, she stood to her full height and stared them down, a white glow at the end of the silver strip that ended at her hand.

”’Yeah.’”

Last edited:
I apologize for mistakes.. Byrd has been hanging over me all night with a whip. I'd say it was super sexy, except he hits hard :csad:

Character you have created: Sviði Cvida, A Kelsan scientist and trader/pilot.

Alias: Svi

Speech Color: Italicized, Steelblue

Character Personality: Svi grew up in what humans would refer to as a ‘nuclear family’ on her home planet of Frysti. Intelligent and quiet Svi was most comfortable observing and learning. This prompted her to become one of her worlds more promising pupils when it came to the sciences. She does however have an underlying temper that is prone to slow, cool burns. During high pressure situations she’s able to keep her wits about her and react with calm detachment. She has a weakness for items from human culture, specifically books.

Uniform/costume: 'Street' clothes for her planet. Usually natural fabrics and textiles. She often wears a tight shirt and leggings made from some sort of leather, with a loose, flowy, hooded coat over top that. Usually whatever she can pick-up places that fits her.

Origin Info/Details: Sviði Cvida is from the planet Frysti where the inhabitants call themselves ‘Kelsens’. A xenophobic species, in a backwater part of the universe, since first setting foot into space they have created massive barriers around their planet and its satellites. Few Kelsan leave planetside, and even fewer leave the mines, colonies, scientific and military installations and space port in its largest moon. Those who do, do so only after receiving specialized survival and pilot training to function as traders to the few close systems around them. Despite cutting themselves off from the rest of the universe the Kelsans are an advanced species who live in harmony with nature, most of the cultures on the planet pull elements of it into their technology, architecture and art.

Svi was born on the 5th continent in the southern hemisphere of the planet to an artist and astronomer. Despite the fact that Kelsen’s are hermaphrodites up until they bond and then decide their sex in conjunction with their mate, Svi took the pronoun ‘she’ at a relatively early age.
The 3rd of five children, an abnormally large family for her planet, she excelled in theoretical and applied science and in her 80th year, young for a Kelsen who's average lifespan is approx. 300, she was approved to be stationed at the scientific outpost on Frysti’s largest moon (Lexna). There she took part in numerous experiments being conducted with dark matter. Hearing of the planets beyond the special barriers from her older sibling stationed in the military station on the outer moon of Nertril, she quickly became interested in the sciences of aliens that visited the station and the small space port in Lexna. Because the people coming through the port were usually traders interested in profit, very few usable pieces of information were available, much to her frustration so in her 90th year she applied to train as a trader. A highly intensive training experience she learned to fight, how to use weapons most she helped develop) and pilot a space craft, once finished, and with special clearance she passed through the special barrier.

She’s been off Frysti and its domains for over 5 years and survived by staying mostly to herself.

Kelsen physiology:
Hardly seen off their planet or its moons, Kelsens are a unique sight with a life span of up to 300 human years. They are tall humanoids, anywhere from 6 -8 feet tall with a few standing. They have prehensile tails, four arms on their torso with smoothed facial features. Each of their 4 hands consists of three long, slender fingers and one opposable thumb. Their skin is smooth with minimal pores and very little follicles. Their skulls tend to swoop back with a slight point to it, otherwise it is very human-like, and their ears are also smoothly attached to their heads. Silky, thin hair is on their head. Its thickness is dependent upon the individual and usually comes in blacks, blues, greens and violets with very few having a recessive gene for white hair. Their eyes tend to be a darker or lighter variation of their skin tone, with short, dense upper and lower eye lashes mimicking their hair color.
All Kelsens are born a tone of violet, as they age their skin changes from violet to red along the color spectrum. Despite this similarity, color tones and variations of the spectrum are different depending on the home continent or culture each one comes from. Kelsens of the Southern hemisphere tend to be lighter in tone than those in the Southern, with those in the 6th continent retaining their blue/violet tones longer into their lifespan than those on others.
Sexually the Kelsen’s are hermaphrodites, with most waiting to find a mate before deciding to be fully male or female. Their torsos are smooth and show no signs of differentiation until a sex is chosen whereupon those choosing ‘female’ often adapt to have wider hips and slightly more pronounced mammaries. Few choose before mating to choose their sex. Sexuality isn’t a defining feature in Kelsen culture and once they decide on one sex or another they are treated no differently, with the family structure not being influenced.

Hero Type (Select one):

Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)

Powers (Be Specific):
Kelsen’s are prone to high intelligence, dexterity/agility, longevity and heightened healing.

Strength Level: 10 tons
Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30mph
Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3
Agility: 16X
Intelligence: Genius (specifically theoretical & applied sciences of her planet)
Fighting Skill: Trained (hand to hand, Kelsen weaponry)
Resources: Minimal
Weaknesses: Can be killed by conventional methods.

Supporting Characters: On her home planet she has a family and network of friends and work colleagues. However once she went off world communication with them was cut off. Now she only has the crew of the Icarus.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: JB and Byrd approached me with the idea and having been watching all the Star Treks I loved the thought of creating my own species and then playing a character from it.

What can you bring to the RPG?: Hopefully an interesting story and a unique perspective.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: I do.

The crowd moved from the creature like tiny ripples as it passed through. Towering over most of them its tall slender form was at least 2 meters in height. Form fitting clothing looking to be made out of leather show off its rather figureless body underneath a long, thin flowy coat, the hood of which covered most of the form’s face. Looking as out of place as it looked, the species moved into a corner of the busy alien thoroughfare and surveyed the space ships through the large windows.

“Are… are you… it?” The figure looked down at what seemed like a diminutive creature and blinked its large, slanted and dark violet eyes. It nodded slowly watching the small hair covered alien next to it, the small one blinked nervously and then dug into the pouch he carried at his side, before pulling out a small mechanism and holding it before the large form.

A slender hand four fingered hand reached out of the coat; it’s thin, pale violet-blue skin almost glistening in the pale light. Gently taking the mechanism it turned it over and over inspecting it.

”Yes. This will do.” The furry alien blinked at the delicate voice that came from the towering alien. It sounded almost like chimes and took him aback. A small bag appeared in front of his face and as he refocused his eyes he noticed the thing holding it was a thin… tail coming out from under the alien’s jacket.

Sensing the hesitancy the violet-blue creature tilted its head and jingled the bag.
”Are the funds insufficient?”

“Oh, umm.. nononono not a worry.” Taking the bag into his hand a weighing it in his palm he let out a nervous noise and sank back into the shadows of a nearby alley. The violet alien watched with curiosity before looking back at the item in its hand. It was crude, but she was sure she’d get it to work. She turned and walked back down the covered ‘street’, past the vendors and assorted other aliens. Most species she recognized by sight now. Her long legs carried her quickly to her ship which she surveyed with some disappointment. Its damage was almost irreparable, thanks to that freak meteor shower. She let out a sigh, which to passersby sounded like a chime.

A movement caught her eye near her ship and she noticed figures slinking away. Stepping closer she realized what was happening. They were attempting to loot her ship. Striding forward she held out an arm, a thin piece of silver circled down it.

”I suggest you step away from my ship.”

The two figures emerged from the shadows, leering.

“Oh yeah?” The distinctively more oily one said.

Shaking her head and allowing her hood to fall to her shoulders, she stood to her full height and stared them down, a white glow at the end of the silver strip that ended at her hand.

”’Yeah.’”

Begrudgingly Accepted!

Thank you kindly sir! Our agreed upon payment is on its way.

Marvel Heroes is a free to play MMORPG set in the Marvel Universe where players can choose over 8000 heroes and villains and customize their characters with thousands of choices.
Spam, much?

Sorry about not posting for the last few weeks guys. I had a lot of stuff come up at once and couldn't really find them time to post at all. But I'm writing up a post as we speak, so Sabetoonth if you're still interested in that team up let's go ahead and get it started.

Out of everyone on the ship she felt most kindred with Newt. Siv doubted he knew that, but his aptitude with machinery and his perchance for creation instead of destruction made her comfortable around him, despite his creations being ‘primitive’ by Frysti standards.

oh-stop-it-you.png

Since Byrd and I have been moving fairly quick-like in our pace, I'm going to hold off a bit before pushing the arc further. Give Twy and Eddie a chance to have their characters do some good ol' fashion interacting before going after Barb.

I just got adware real bad on my computer so Im gonna be out of the game until I can get it fixed. Timing is crap on this

Hey guys, I'll have some posts up soon. This is a tough week for me, but I'll have something up asap

Post coming. I planned on making it tonight, but I am wiped from spending all day out and about. Tomorrow for sure, because the weekend is gonna be hectic.

Hey guys,

Posts will be coming soon. The next week is going to be absolutely nuts for me as I've recently enrolled in a 9 month college program. 1st week should be pretty intense so I may not be around as much, but things should settle down by the weekend.

Hey guys, been having some trouble with the internet, and that's why I haven't been around much this week. Hoping to have the bugs worked out in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"