The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Dane Dehaan IS Harry Osborn

I was thinking that too :D

Gives him the excuse to wear the hood or cap :p

I guess a hood is difficult to visualize while flying.. it will never look realistic. But a cap like he has in comics that falls down would be wicked. And even a bald goblin would be cool to see.

I just watched a video via SevenWebHeads, he cites Dane stating that the slicked back/spikey hair was to recreate the look of the GG's hood. Not sure how I feel about that. I wish they had kept in the scene with his teeth growing and shattering, sounds terrifying.

Yeah, you'd question how it would stay up during the wind while on the glider. The cap would be no problem.

And he should be more theatrical next time. The costume had a purpose for existing on him, it provided him with strength.
They could keep that, but at the same time, make him look more psychotic in the costume department. He's obviously lost his marbles, common sense doesn't mean much to the Goblin now.

And his entire body should be mutated next time we see him.make the costume more exposed to see the effects.

Would be nice to see the character evolve. It was nice that they never mentioned him as the goblin in this film. Now there's chance to explore why he embraces the goblin persona. How he feels about it. And yes.. become more theatrical about it. And it's quite interesting that he already knows that Peter is spider-man.. so maybe that will contribute to his evolution.

was I the only one who really liked dehaan as harry?

any cringy parts to his role stems from the directing and script, I wouldn't say it is his fault but then again I loved ASM2. Biggest thing I disliked was the lack of mcu e eggs.

I actually don't like this first test look they went for. It's too much like a lord of the rings character or something. I do like the look they went for in final result better.

But I wish if he returns, that it goes even more so, to where Chris Cooper kinda is, a bit more green and a tad bit more diseased.

Danes Harry&goblin were the highlight of the film for me, I love his desperation and descent into madness.

The music for the transformation and arrival at the power plant was outstanding. He just looked dangerous the minute he arrived, even Spidey had a look of "Oh *****...".

I actually don't like this first test look they went for. It's too much like a lord of the rings character or something. I do like the look they went for in final result better.

But I wish if he returns, that it goes even more so, to where Chris Cooper kinda is, a bit more green and a tad bit more diseased.

I'm still not a fan of his look. Dane's acting was great and that Goblin laugh was spot on. Loved it. I also liked the look of the suit and the glider and of course the pumpkin bomb had a sleek design.

I would have liked the Goblin's look more if there was a greener tone to his skin and some yellow added to his eyes.

Danes Harry&goblin were the highlight of the film for me, I love his desperation and descent into madness.

The music for the transformation and arrival at the power plant was outstanding. He just looked dangerous the minute he arrived, even Spidey had a look of "Oh *****...".

Agreed. The tansformation music was nice, just wish the sequence wasn't so choppy.

Dane Dehaan is such a promising actor. He did really well with what he was given as Harry, I just wish he had more time. This film could very easily have centered around Harry as the main villain. Then the climax would have been suitably epic, as intended.

I'm still not a fan of his look. Dane's acting was great and that Goblin laugh was spot on. Loved it. I also liked the look of the suit and the glider and of course the pumpkin bomb had a sleek design.

I would have liked the Goblin's look more if there was a greener tone to his skin and some yellow added to his eyes.

I actually-and very surprisingly-warmed up to the look of the Goblin.

Not sure why he was laughing maniacally though (other than that it happens in the comics). I guess we're supposed to assume that the venom made Harry mad as well, even though we're not really shown any other evidence... Just seemed like a pointless affectation shoehorned in to score points for "comic accuracy"

I think Harry was already kinda nuts as it was, that just amped it up. He didn't exactly act normal before he changed.

I thought Dehaan was awesome in this.I didn't like the Goblin make-up,but I'm guessing we really didn't see Harry as fully transformed.Hopefully he gets a full-on Goblin look in TASM3

I actually-and very surprisingly-warmed up to the look of the Goblin.

Not sure why he was laughing maniacally though (other than that it happens in the comics). I guess we're supposed to assume that the venom made Harry mad as well, even though we're not really shown any other evidence... Just seemed like a pointless affectation shoehorned in to score points for "comic accuracy"
I think his smile and laughs were due to the mutation.

I agree. A bit more green, yes, but I do like the "organic" look to it. But yellow eyes would've been really really cool. There's that first official picture of the Green Goblin that released and it almost looked like he had yellow eyes.

I'm sure the next time we see him, Harry's Goblin will look even better.

So let me get this straight. Harry injects the spider venom into himself which makes him mutate into the Goblin, right? So did that make his condition worse or make him stronger, because many have said both. If the latter is true, why was the armor even there to begin with? And if the former is true, it seems entirely coincidental that the armor would be there at that moment to heal him. So which exactly is the truth? Try to explain this as simply as possible

And did Harry end up killing that other guy who he threatened to shoot (who ran away as Harry was transforming)? Some have said that there is a scene in a directors cut where he does. We know that we never saw it in the theatrical version, but did he kill him offscreen?

So let me get this straight. Harry injects the spider venom into himself which makes him mutate into the Goblin, right? So did that make his condition worse or make him stronger, because many have said both. If the latter is true, why was the armor even there to begin with? And if the former is true, it seems entirely coincidental that the armor would be there at that moment to heal him. So which exactly is the truth? Try to explain this as simply as possible

It made his condition worse. I think.

And did Harry end up killing that other guy who he threatened to shoot (who ran away as Harry was transforming)? Some have said that there is a scene in a directors cut where he does. We know that we never saw it in the theatrical version, but did he kill him offscreen?

No he does not kill him. :oldrazz:

The venom first heals him but then it begins to overheal him or cause deformities. It's tearing him apart.
He get's into the suit to fix those deformities. The armor is there because it's a special project. It's not there because of the venom. It's like the Vulture wings or Rhino suit. Did you not notice the Oct arms as well?

Special projects was made for all that tech. Harry knew to climb into that suit because he read about it's abilities earlier.

So simply put. The suit and all the sinister 6 gear plus the venom were put into one special room. It's not coincidence it's also there. It's not coincidence that Harry went to it.

Now his initial condition I think has been cured. The problem is that at the time he took it, it messed up his body. He certainly didn't get the Peter Parker transformation. But as revealed in the end, he's transforming back and forth. It's probably very painful and screwing with his head.

We do know there is a scene where Felicia sees the goblin but we don't know if he cleans house.

Ok, here's my take. I loved Dane Dehaan's performance. In a movie full of really good performances, he was the standout. And I bought the Peter/Harry dynamic and Harry as a character, up until he actually goes evil. Harry becoming the Goblin is one of the worst cases of "rushing a villain" that I've ever seen in a movie. It happens WAY TOO quickly. I would have shown his gradual descent into madness over the course of this film, but saved him going completely nuts and full-on supervillain until movie #3. Also, why does Harry seem to be under the impression that he's running out of time. They way that he acts and the extremes that he goes to makes it seem like he thinks that he's only got days of weeks to live. However, Norman merely said that he was at the age that the disease first manifests. Also, Norman survived well into his 60's even with the same condition, so Harry's got time to work on a safer cure/solution. Peter should have pointed that out to him (which is another flaw in the script btw). I could have Harry thinking/acting that way if the matter had been delved into/explained better, but it wasn't.

Maybe I missed something but didn't normal do something to keep him self alive has long has he had been?

Maybe I missed something but didn't normal do something to keep him self alive has long has he had been?

Well, it's established in both movies that most if not all of Oscorp's scientific research is primarily designed to keep Norman alive. Richard Parker's spider research and Curt Connor's work with lizards are two examples of this. And Norman mentions that Harry (who's in his late teens to early 20's) is at the age where the disease first manifests itself. Norman, on the other hand, looks to be in his 50's or 60's. So Norman may not have been able to find himself a cure, but he was able to keep himself alive for DECADES. That's another thing, the movie never really makes it clear how quickly the disease would have killed Norman if he hadn't have gone to such extreme measures to keep himself alive through artificial means.

Well, it's established in both movies that most if not all of Oscorp's scientific research is primarily designed to keep Norman alive. Richard Parker's spider research and Curt Connor's work with lizards are two examples of this. And Norman mentions that Harry (who's in his late teens to early 20's) is at the age where the disease first manifests itself. Norman, on the other hand, looks to be in his 50's or 60's. So Norman may not have been able to find himself a cure, but he was able to keep himself alive for DECADES. That's another thing, the movie never really makes it clear how quickly the disease would have killed Norman if he hadn't have gone to such extreme measures to keep himself alive through artificial means.

That sounds to be the case. I'm sure Harry was scared by his father's death too, making him more desperate to find a cure (and I guess, overall, to be less like his father seeing as they had a poor relationship growing up).

Asim Ahmad To Play Vampire Villain ‘Morbius’ In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel?
According to the villain's apparent actor, Morbius the Living Vampire will have a minor part in Marc Webb's much-anticipated 2014 followup to The Amazing Spider-Man reboot.

Sam Strange Remembers: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
A super complicated commercial for a film that probably doesn't even have a script yet.
Evan Saathoff said:
This gets the attention of Spider-Man's best friend from ten years ago when they were only seven, Harry Osborn. Spider-Man's dad and Harry's dad used to be best buds because they both liked science and both had super-powered DNA. Unfortunately, the super DNA in the Osborn clan, while good for aggression and evil, also kills them at a very young age. For instance, Harry's dad dies at about 60. Harry looks like he's about to go any day now. The diseases symptoms are quite severe. First you get shaky hands. Then scabs. Then you turn into a sad vampire.

Harry will not have this and decides that by drinking Spider-Man's blood, he might be able to avoid such a fate. But Spider-Man won't give him his blood because he just assumes Harry is a vampire using a made up disease angle to get a snack. So Harry gets some of the spider venom that made Spider-Man and drinks that instead. This turns his vampireism into gremlinism, which is even worse. But it also gives him the genetic keys to a sweet jetpack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"