The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Dane Dehaan IS Harry Osborn

Wow, had no clue he was going to be Goblin in this. I thought the film was setting up for that in the next movie so I was surprised to see him don the suit. I thought he did a good job

Wow, had no clue he was going to be Goblin in this. I thought the film was setting up for that in the next movie so I was surprised to see him don the suit. I thought he did a good job

What did you not see any previews or something ?lol the trailers just about showed that and even gweens death.

What did you not see any previews or something ?lol the trailers just about showed that and even gweens death.

Obviously not. That's the benefit of going into the movies not spoiled

Rad. Good for you on holding out on previews. I'm gonna try to watch literally just one trailer for every Spidey movie to come out in the future. It's so much better that way.

Rad. Good for you on holding out on previews. I'm gonna try to watch literally just one trailer for every Spidey movie to come out in the future. It's so much better that way.

Or do that as long as Sony has the rights to him :cwink:

Good luck with that...

That poster looks photoshopped too..

THIS IS THE DANE DEHAAN/HARRY OSBORN THREAD LET'S TALK ABOUT HARRY OSBORN!!

tasm2_-_harry_osborn_-_cast.jpg

or as I like to call him, Harry Hotsborn. :p

Yeah, I mean, I enjoyed him as Harry and all but I didn't like his goblin.....outside of that hissyfit lol

I thought I was in the right thread for a second. Of course every poster is photoshopped but I want the photoshop to look like cheap and more artsy

There's so much talent in Dane; I can easily see him being one of the biggest stars in Hollywood in the near future.

I think he has so much range as an actor. They really should have found room for him in TASM1. He's just too talented to be the pre-Goblin Harry for such a short amount of time.

A lot of depth that could have been taken advantage of was rushed. I feel bad for him, along with Garfield sometimes.

There's so much talent in Dane; I can easily see him being one of the biggest stars in Hollywood in the near future.

I think he has so much range as an actor. They really should have found room for him in TASM1. He's just too talented to be the pre-Goblin Harry for such a short amount of time.

A lot of depth that could have been taken advantage of was rushed. I feel bad for him, along with Garfield sometimes.

Nailed it.

Just to add on what I mentioned about his range:

He can be jovial and make you think he's a good guy. He has a lot of charisma and even if you watch interviews of him (there's a good one he did with Jimmy Fallon) here and there, there's something very believable about him. On the other hand, he can flip the script in a heartbeat and make you believe he's about to wreck havoc.

Don't get me wrong, he did great with the cards he was dealt. I just think he needed more pre-Goblin Harry time before the dense Goblin time he's presumably going to get in this series.

I had seen very little of him prior to TASM2, but I'm definitely a fan now. He could set a new standard for future Goblins.

The funny thing is, compared to all of his other stuff (except for Life After Beth), TASM2 is just not his best performance, yet it's so much better than most of the other actors in the movie. It's strange.

Well when you have to share screentime with Urkel and fat/bald/not charming Boris Grishenko, of course lol.

really? because i thought he did really well as harry even in the deleted scenes. i just wish he had more screen time as harry and i love to see his performance in drew goddard's sinister six film and in the amazing spiderman 3.

also, what are you talking about? with the exception of strangelove kafka and jamie foxx as max dillon all of the other actors turn out fine. heck, garfield just stole the role as peter and spiderman. i just wish his character and every other characters were written better.

if the next movie is long just keep it long and very well written. i just do not care how long the movie is i just want to come and watch a great movie and even a great spiderman movie.

Agreed, he was great in the movie, but some of the stuff he had to work with was awful, but he certainly did his best with it and I wish we would have gotten more of him. In the end I think leaving Electro out and just having Harry Goblin as the main villain would have made the movie much better.

Agreed, he was great in the movie, but some of the stuff he had to work with was awful, but he certainly did his best with it and I wish we would have gotten more of him. In the end I think leaving Electro out and just having Harry Goblin as the main villain would have made the movie much better.

:up:

It's funny you said that, because just the other day I mentioned how I'm going to watch TASM2 after quite some time, just to see if my opinion of it changed.

I didn't have a problem with Electro before. However, after my viewing the other day, I thought he was horribly done and they actually could have made Dane's appearance in this movie work so much better if it weren't for him.

I have yet to see a bad moment of Dane DeHaan as an actor, even outside this film. But of course, only Sony could assassinate such an iconic villain with a potentially iconic actor.

:up:

It's funny you said that, because just the other day I mentioned how I'm going to watch TASM2 after quite some time, just to see if my opinion of it changed.

I didn't have a problem with Electro before. However, after my viewing the other day, I thought he was horribly done and they actually could have made Dane's appearance in this movie work so much better if it weren't for him.

I have yet to see a bad moment of Dane DeHaan as an actor, even outside this film. But of course, only Sony could assassinate such an iconic villain with a potentially iconic actor.

I think, in hindsight, they should have just had someone like Shocker, a more minor villain, for the Times Square fight, maybe even another fight after, but the 3rd act should have just concentrated on Harry's downward spiral culminating in a big 3rd act battle between GG and Spiderman. Then after GG realises he cant beat Spiderman straight up, he takles Gwen and the rest of the movie plays out exactly as it did.

The movie would have been a lot more focused and better overall IMO.

I think, in hindsight, they should have just had someone like Shocker, a more minor villain, for the Times Square fight, maybe even another fight after, but the 3rd act should have just concentrated on Harry's downward spiral culminating in a big 3rd act battle between GG and Spiderman. Then after GG realises he cant beat Spiderman straight up, he takles Gwen and the rest of the movie plays out exactly as it did.

The movie would have been a lot more focused and better overall IMO.

I strongly agree.

I don't know if I would have gone with Shocker as being the minor villain, but they certainly needed someone who wasn't one of Spidey's most powerful foes. By default, using a dominant villain requires more time to be given to him/her, and that just wasn't the case in TASM2. It's like they used two major villains without knowing which one to get more out of.

One minor villain just makes more sense because they obviously need some kind of action between Spidey and a villain, while Harry develops in the background. What threw people off is the advertising of Max/Electro, as if he's going to have an impact on Peter as character; but we all know that was Harry's job.

I honestly liked Electro in the final battle and he made Spidey look great visually. But at the same time, the ultimate question is, did he have an effect on Peter? Did he have an effect on the audience as an ordinary guy that tragically turned into a villain, and paid the ultimate price? I think we know the answer to the first question, but the latter is certainly debatable.

One of the things that bad soicb potential for the franchise was Harry,and he was completely messed up.

I can't forgive Webb for that.

I strongly agree.

I don't know if I would have gone with Shocker as being the minor villain, but they certainly needed someone who wasn't one of Spidey's most powerful foes. By default, using a dominant villain requires more time to be given to him/her, and that just wasn't the case in TASM2. It's like they used two major villains without knowing which one to get more out of.

One minor villain just makes more sense because they obviously need some kind of action between Spidey and a villain, while Harry develops in the background. What threw people off is the advertising of Max/Electro, as if he's going to have an impact on Peter as character; but we all know that was Harry's job.

I honestly liked Electro in the final battle and he made Spidey look great visually. But at the same time, the ultimate question is, did he have an effect on Peter? Did he have an effect on the audience as an ordinary guy that tragically turned into a villain, and paid the ultimate price? I think we know the answer to the first question, but the latter is certainly debatable.

I used Shocker as an example, he is a minor Spidey villain and not one of the most powerful. But someone like him, Tombstone or even this iteration of Rhino (which I wasnt a fan of personally) would have been better use than Electro, and not needed any time devoted to them, so the focus could have been on Harry while the minor villain provided action scenes.

The action in the movie poor, using another villain might have improved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"