• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Characters of this franchise

As one of the trifecta of the trilogy, Harry received a lot of development, but his role as a villain felt lackluster, imo. Sure, I enjoyed the aerial fight as well, but as soon as he received his head injury, he felt like a childish villain who's main goal was to only break up the couple while his father actually wanted to scare and kill Peter's loved ones.

I mean, Harry should be brought in, but not for him to become a villain. There should only be one Goblin in the new series and that should be Norman Osborn as the true Green Goblin.

Harry's amnesia was just straight up lazy writing IMO.

-MJ
-The Osborns
-The Bugle Clan
-Eddie Brock
-Liz Allen

VILLAINS
-The Green Goblin
-The Enforcer
-Venom
-Mysterio
-Electro
-A cool version of the Vulture

I hope for a quadtrilogy (four movies)

Villain Line Up

TASM 2-Electro, Mysterio
TASM 3-The Goblin, The Enforcers (Montana/Shocker, Ox/Rhino, Fancy Dan/The Vulture! This Vulture will be in his 40s, not 60s.)
TASM 4-Venom

And maybe if there's six movies,

TASM 5-Kraven The Hunter, the Chameleon
TASM 6-The Sinister Six (Doc Ock, Electro, Mysterio, Shocker, Rhino, The Vulture

I don't see why people hate Hulk Goblin. Certainly better than Spider-man 1's Green Goblin look.

Nope. Atleast Spider-Man 1 Goblin acted sort of like comic Goblin & he looked more like comic Goblin than that Hulk rip-off.

Hopefully they won't do Hulk Goblin because the series has already has a "Scientist Transforms into a Monster" villain in the form of Lizard.

Does anyone else want to see Ben Reilly?
TAS seems to be exporing the more scientific side of the Spider-Man stories so it's possible we'll see clones.

I hate the corporate scheming Norman that creates all the villains and then eventually becomes one. That sounds more like Lex Luthor. I liked the unknowing Norman that would turn into a monster but be the nicest person to Peter. That's more evil to me than the stereotypical evil CEO creating baddies to fight Spider-Man. That is too cliche.

Totally agree!

:wow: Man.. think THAT may be the sign of the End Times!!! :wow: :woot:

I hate the corporate scheming Norman that creates all the villains and then eventually becomes one. That sounds more like Lex Luthor. I liked the unknowing Norman that would turn into a monster but be the nicest person to Peter. That's more evil to me than the stereotypical evil CEO creating baddies to fight Spider-Man. That is too cliche.

Depends on the execution really. I wouldn't want Norman doing it on his own accord as that becomes too much as the cliche arch nemesis...next thing you know he'll not only have something to do with Peter's parentrs death, but he'll sleep with Gwen Stacy as well... I liked the way Spectacular Spider-Man did the whole "Norman makes supervillains" thing with a crime boss paying for supervillains to be made simply as a distraction for Spider-Man while small time crooks can do their crimes uninterupted.

Speaking of crime bosses, do you think we'll ever see the organized crime segment of the Spider-Man universe, or would it be too much like the newer Batman movies?

Depends on the execution really. I wouldn't want Norman doing it on his own accord as that becomes too much as the cliche arch nemesis...next thing you know he'll not only have something to do with Peter's parentrs death, but he'll sleep with Gwen Stacy as well... I liked the way Spectacular Spider-Man did the whole "Norman makes supervillains" thing with a crime boss paying for supervillains to be made simply as a distraction for Spider-Man while small time crooks can do their crimes uninterupted.

Speaking of crime bosses, do you think we'll ever see the organized crime segment of the Spider-Man universe, or would it be too much like the newer Batman movies?

It's possible we'll see some sort of a crime boss/organized crime effect in this series of movies. I don't want TASM to make the same sort of a mistake that seems to plague many other movies in this genre...too many villains in one movie. Sure, it can be done well, such as in BB but it's also by itself in that regard, on the other end of the spectrum.

I totally agree! I didn't like that in TSSM. It also took away the originality of the villains' origins I think! Like, I much prefer Shocker's original 616 comic origin rather than him simply being created by someone else.

Does anyone else want to see Ben Reilly?
TAS seems to be exporing the more scientific side of the Spider-Man stories so it's possible we'll see clones.

I like Ben, but I doubt we'll ever see the Clone Saga on the big screen...& for a good reason.

Yeah so I hope to see Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn in the sequel. Whether or not Norman becomes the Green Goblin is up to them. I kind of hoped they would perhaps use the Green Goblin the the third film but allude to him in the 2nd one. I was hoping that perhaps Harry is played by Alden Ehrenreich and is perhaps introduced as the rich snobby guy he seemed to be in the comics then show how he became friends with Parker.

As for Norman, I have no idea for who should play him.

I would not be surprised to see Norman in a post-credits scene. Oscorp is in the film. He's Spider-man's archenemy. Going to come up at some point, either in this movie, or in the sequel.

I think that character development and backstory will be key to the success of this franchise.

I'd love to see a USM Norman/616 Goblin hybrid. Norman was one sick puppy in USM. I loved how he knew who Peter was all along and studied and followed him and I hope there are some of those elements in his character in this franchise. I'd love it if we saw a post credits scene after TASM with Norman in his office asking an assistant about "the Parker boy".

As for casting, I think Bryan Cranston would make an excellent Norman. My dream choice is Christoph Waltz though.

Speaking of characters, does anyone still remember about the rumor of Morlun becoming the next villain in SM4? What do you think of him as a potential villain in this franchise - which I doubt would happen.

I'd love to see a USM Norman/616 Goblin hybrid. Norman was one sick puppy in USM. I loved how he knew who Peter was all along and studied and followed him and I hope there are some of those elements in his character in this franchise. I'd love it if we saw a post credits scene after TASM with Norman in his office asking an assistant about "the Parker boy".

As for casting, I think Bryan Cranston would make an excellent Norman. My dream choice is Christoph Waltz though.

Bryan Cranston has been thrown around a bit whenever Norman gets brought up and I am very OK with that. If anyone has seen his epicness in Breaking Bad, it's not hard to understand why. He could easily play a very good Norman but mostly I would be excited to see his take as the GG. If anyone could pull off the insanity that I would want to watch with that character, Bryan could do it justice.

I've also heard him being wanted to play JJ. Which I'm fine with, I think he'd be a good JJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"