Justice League Danny Elfman Scoring Justice League - Part 2

True, but it'll be interesting to see what Zimmer comes up with for that score.

Zimmer's perfect for Dark Phoenix. Kinberg said the movie will be dark and somber. It's been a few years since I actually looked forward to a new X-Men team film.

There are plenty composers in Hollywood who can write "dark and somber" scores. Not just Zimmer.

Just got the
1AiGxcs

Playtime: 3:06:16
:db:

So these complete scores are real, cannot wait the BvS one... :hmr:

we need the two Howards on a MoS sequel. Ron to direct and shore to compose.

If Ron Howard directed MOS2 he'd keep Zimmer because they've collaborated (and have continue to) on many projects together. I'm open to Howard Shore scoring any DCEU movie (or any comic book/superhero movie for that matter). It'll be a very welcome change of pace from the Zimmer droning soundscape that's been plaguing most of the DCEU scores. It would be somewhat ironic if Ron Howard and Howard Shore ended up collaborating on a Superman sequel b/c Shore wrote a score for Howard's Ransom, which got rejected.

I'm listening to the Elfman's score but every time that Avengers theme appears makes me puke up in my mouth quite a bit.

Plus it sounds like music to something like Batman & Robin, I mean WTF is this? https://youtu.be/S02hk2htqX4?t=2m57s It's like he's ready to introduce his Simpsons theme into the score ffs. :funny: :whatever:

I'm listening to the Elfman's score but every time that Avengers theme appears makes me puke up in my mouth quite a bit.

Plus it sounds like music to something like Batman & Robin, I mean WTF is this? https://youtu.be/S02hk2htqX4?t=2m57s It's like he's ready to introduce his Simpsons theme into the score ffs. :funny: :whatever:

I envisioned The Road Runner being chased by Wiley E. Coyote.

I let a message on the boards Hans Zimmer visits. I don't think he'll reply but I wanted to make a statement saying I'm glad he was not part of this mess. :woot:

Elfman's score for Justice League is the best of the DCEU thus far. I'm glad Zimmer or Junkie XL didn't score the film. That final battle track you posted actually has improved on me on relistens. Love the use of the Batman / Superman theme, and the limited use of brass as well. My biggest disappointment is more with how generic it overall feels, but hey that's modern film music in a nutshell.

Elfman's score for Justice League is the best of the DCEU thus far. I'm glad Zimmer or Junkie XL didn't score the film. That final battle track you posted actually has improved on me on relistens. Love the use of the Batman / Superman theme, and the limited use of brass as well. My biggest disappointment is more with how generic it overall feels, but hey that's modern film music in a nutshell.

See, that's the beauty of subjectivity. You can like something other people don't, and dislike something other people do.

Just as long as you're not a prick about it and respect other people's opinions, you're fine and dandy.

It's a proper score for what Whedon gave us, no doubt...

I let a message on the boards Hans Zimmer visits. I don't think he'll reply but I wanted to make a statement saying I'm glad he was not part of this mess. :woot:

While Zimmer does have some contact with the owner of that site, the site itself is unofficial and Zimmer does not visit them or read what is posted.

While Zimmer does have some contact with the owner of that site, the site itself is unofficial and Zimmer does not visit them or read what is posted.

I didn't mean that site.

See, that's the beauty of subjectivity. You can like something other people don't, and dislike something other people do.

Just as long as you're not a prick about it and respect other people's opinions, you're fine and dandy.

Yep. I do sorta don't like it how people automatically like something just because say Zimmer composed it, but hey that's opinions for you and all.

Well, that and people criticizing those who don't like Elfman's score. We had quite the examples of both back in November.

I have watched JL multiple times, i found elfman's score annoying.
I just dont like it.

It's certainly competent and if anything Elfman is a true pro for managing to pulling off a passable score using only storyboards but "competent" and "passable" aren't what we've come to expect from the DCEU. It's also a let-down given how this was supposed to be the big climax of phase 1 or whatever we're calling it. When the score in the movies leading up to the would-be finale put Elfman's score to shame then yeah... That's bad.

Yep. I do sorta don't like it how people automatically like something just because say Zimmer composed it, but hey that's opinions for you and all.

Maybe it's not as apparent on this forum. but Elfman has a massive following that will attempt to rake you over hot coals and burnt Cheetos if you say you prefer another film composer's music to his.

Elfman's work could barely even be called that. It was just noise and filler

Maybe it's not as apparent on this forum. but Elfman has a massive following that will attempt to rake you over hot coals and burnt Cheetos if you say you prefer another film composer's music to his.

Baloney! It's not apparent anywhere. I doubt Elfman fans are as childish, volatile, and unhinged as Zimmers fans have been over Elfman's JL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"