Justice League Junkie XL scoring Zack Snyder’s JL

SupermanFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was looking for a score thread but could only find the Danny Elfman one so created a new one.

So as know know Junkie XL was meant to score JL originally (before all what happened happened). I’d put money on him scoring ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ as we know he’d pretty much done the score already.

One thing that’s on my mind is that epic cover of Come Together by Gary Clark Jr & Junkie XL. It was on the end credits of the theatrical but I sure as hell hope it’s in ZS version somewhere.

I hope that the soundtrack will be rescored according to the film rather than just copy and paste what was already done. It would be great to get 2hrs of music.

I mean... if it was already done before Snyder left, why would he have Junkie compose a new one? Seems unnecessary.

I mean... if it was already done before Snyder left, why would he have Junkie compose a new one? Seems unnecessary.

It’s not unnecessary at all. Zack will likely be adding new material and making whatever necessary changes to complete his vision. Simply using exactly what was done already with no alterations would result in lazy “copy and paste” and won’t mesh well. Just to be clear, I’m in no way implying that we should have all new music. What I mean is that it should be rescored to fit this film so that it can all be cohesive in expression. Any new scenes should get new music.

I think it’ll likely be he will probably use some if not all of Junkie’s work he did for JL but will also likely get him back to do some more, especially if they go the mini series route.

This is one of my most anticipated parts of the movie. The first 2 Snyder movie scores were insanely good, and I expect no different quality here. Cannot wait to listen to that beautiful Batman theme again!

Major difference will be that Junkie's score will actually enhance scenes, unlike Elfman's which just ruined any kind of blood-pumping or cheer moments with a low, halfassed whimper.

All elfmans stuff will be gone. Its going to be all Junkie XL and its going to be glorious.

AB Director has made some pretty sweet fan edits of JL 2017 and that's no different. I love how he reformatted Superman's introduction in the climax with the Hans Zimmer theme.

I wonder how Junkie feels about all these recent developments given his involvement with the project in its early stages. That he was so casually replaced doesn't sit well with me to this day.

I wonder how Junkie feels about all these recent developments given his involvement with the project in its early stages. That he was so casually replaced doesn't sit well with me to this day.

I remember him announcing that he'd been fired. Gotta respect his attitude towards it as he basically said (paraphrasing here) that Hans Zimmer told him "you're not really a composer until you've been fired from a project" or something like that. Dude took it in stride and made a positive out of it.

I hope that the soundtrack will be rescored according to the film rather than just copy and paste what was already done. It would be great to get 2hrs of music.

Elfman's score is sayonara, unless Snyder actually likes any of it.

As far as I know, I don't think Tom Holkenborg (Junkie) had recorded any of his score, just demos and mockups. He can uncover his demos he wrote for Snyder's film and write more to a completed version of the film.

I assume some of the money AT&T is pouring into the Snyder Cut included orchestral sessions.

Elfman's score is sayonara, unless Snyder actually likes any of it.

As far as I know, I don't think Tom Holkenborg (Junkie) had recorded any of his score, just demos and mockups. He can uncover his demos he wrote for Snyder's film and write more to a completed version of the film.

I assume some of the money AT&T is pouring into the Snyder Cut included orchestral sessions.

Junkie XL confirmed that he completed the full score so I'm hoping he'll come back to expand on it if they're adding more story/footage.

Source: [EXCLUSIVE] Justice League: The Score for Zack Snyder's Cut Is Complete, Confirms Junkie XL

Need that full Hope Never Dies track. :up:

We need it more than ever! Its almost darkly humorous the timing of this return for the film and Character of Superman, a character of hope isnt it.

xfLlyXd.jpg

CAfQSYD.jpg

Really hope this blasts once Superman enters the climax.

Of all the things that I want to happen in this movie-and ive got quite a list- this is #1. This needs to be played when he comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"