• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

DC ELSEWORLDS: Reimagining Keaton Sequels & DC Films that Never Were

I was surprised to see how close Keaton, Christopher Reeve, and Lynda Carter (even though her show was a decade earlier) were all in age:

Christopher Reeve (born Sep 25, 1952
Lynda Jean Cordova Carter (born July 24, 1951
Michael Keaton (born Sep 5, 1951

All just one year between them, and (Keaton film era) between 89-93 all still looked great for their age and respective parts.

Imagine if someone at WB could have had the foresight or vision, with the already established characters, they could have right there launched a DC shared U (obviously with some costume updates), starring their most recognized Trinity.

Woulda been awesome, truly awesome.

SUPERGIRL 2 (1986)
Director : Richard Donner

Plot: Superman and Lois Lane have gone missing as the world stands on the brink of a nuclear war between the United States and The Soviet Union. The world is on edge. A mysterious computer virus has infected the launch codes in both super powers leading to a doomsday count down. As both nations scramble, Kara rushes to Metropolis to find her cousin Clark and her friend Lucy comes with her in search of her sister.

It isn't long before Supergirl discovers that Lois Lane and her Cousin are being held captive by a creature from Krypton's past , Brainiac. In a quest to understand , study, and eventually control Kara , Brainiac plays a high stakes game which involves dividing the human race and bringing the planet to nuclear war.

As Supergirl sets out to stop Brainiac's sadistic game , He unleashes his deadly trump card, Kryptonian survivor as Powergirl, with her own connections and resentments towards Kara Zor-el , and she proves to be a nearly unstoppable foe.

With the Fortress of Solitude , now becoming a defacto base of operations for Powergirl, and while Brainiac plays the sides against each other above earth in his skull ship, Kara feels cornered and running out of options.

Ultimately, Kara will need to discover the truth behind Brainiac and Powergirl's deadly alliance, and their origins on Krypton if she's to stop a nuclear war and to save her cousin. However, the only person on earth who has the knowledge of Krypton's past that can help her save the planet from both Brainiac and Powergirl , is her cousins arch nemesis, Lex Luthor.

But can Kara trust this unlikely ally in Brainiac's high stakes game, or does Lex have his own hidden agenda?

Supergirl-Helen-Slater.gif

Supergirl / Kara Danvers : Helen Slater

tenor.gif

Superman/ Clark Kent : Chris Reeves

6FA2.gif

Brainiac : Jeremy Irons

kathleen-turner-gif-8.gif

Power Girl : Kathleen Turner

ForsakenGrimyBat-max-1mb.gif

Lex Luthor : Gene Hackman

tumblr_p9b31gFdTk1r03pmko5_250.gifv

Lois Lane : Margo Kidder

images

Jimmy Olsen : Marc Maclure

supergirl15.jpg

Lucy Lane - Maureen Teefy

tumblr_mmaj54dxO51qi66kho1_500.gif

General Sam Lane : George C. Scott

CONSTANTINE (1989)
Director : David Lynch

Fallen-Angels-gary-oldman-35133325-500-673.jpg
8349cdb67474542e43ba977c481f1c86.gif

John Constantine : Gary Oldman

HJTL.gif

Demon / Main Villain : Christopher Walken

sting.gif

Demon / Walken's Minion : Sting

JoIP.gif

Angel/ Constantine's ally : David Bowie

b3WyPx.gif

Constantine's love interest : Sheryl Lee

SUPERGIRL 2 (1986)
Director : Richard Donner

Plot: Superman and Lois Lane have gone missing as the world stands on the brink of a nuclear war between the United States and The Soviet Union. The world is on edge. A mysterious computer virus has infected the launch codes in both super powers leading to a doomsday count down. As both nations scramble, Kara rushes to Metropolis to find her cousin Clark and her friend Lucy comes with her in search of her sister.

It isn't long before Supergirl discovers that Lois Lane and her Cousin are being held captive by a creature from Krypton's past , Brainiac. In a quest to understand , study, and eventually control Kara , Brainiac plays a high stakes game which involves dividing the human race and bringing the planet to nuclear war.

As Supergirl sets out to stop Brainiac's sadistic game , He unleashes his deadly trump card, Kryptonian survivor as Powergirl, with her own connections and resentments towards Kara Zor-el , and she proves to be a nearly unstoppable foe.

With the Fortress of Solitude , now becoming a defacto base of operations for Powergirl, and while Brainiac plays the sides against each other above earth in his skull ship, Kara feels cornered and running out of options.

Ultimately, Kara will need to discover the truth behind Brainiac and Powergirl's deadly alliance, and their origins on Krypton if she's to stop a nuclear war and to save her cousin. However, the only person on earth who has the knowledge of Krypton's past that can help her save the planet from both Brainiac and Powergirl , is her cousins arch nemesis, Lex Luthor.

But can Kara trust this unlikely ally in Brainiac's high stakes game, or does Lex have his own hidden agenda?

Supergirl-Helen-Slater.gif

Supergirl / Kara Danvers : Helen Slater

tenor.gif

Superman/ Clark Kent : Chris Reeves

6FA2.gif

Brainiac : Jeremy Irons

kathleen-turner-gif-8.gif

Power Girl : Kathleen Turner

ForsakenGrimyBat-max-1mb.gif

Lex Luthor : Gene Hackman

tumblr_p9b31gFdTk1r03pmko5_250.gifv

Lois Lane : Margo Kidder

images

Jimmy Olsen : Marc Maclure

supergirl15.jpg

Lucy Lane - Maureen Teefy

tumblr_mmaj54dxO51qi66kho1_500.gif

General Sam Lane : George C. Scott

Smart to connect Supergirl even more to Reeve-verse and include Hackman's Lex.

How did you come up with the plot?

I was surprised to see how close Keaton, Christopher Reeve, and Lynda Carter (even though her show was a decade earlier) were all in age:

Christopher Reeve (born Sep 25, 1952
Lynda Jean Cordova Carter (born July 24, 1951
Michael Keaton (born Sep 5, 1951

All just one year between them, and (Keaton film era) between 89-93 all still looked great for their age and respective parts.

Imagine if someone at WB could have had the foresight or vision, with the already established characters, they could have right there launched a DC shared U (obviously with some costume updates), starring their most recognized Trinity.
It would have been awesome.
I found a pic recently with Lynda in a more modern WW outfit.

Why it didn't happen? Because it was different times and nobody was thinking long term results when it came to superheroes. The genre wasn't that big either.

It would have been awesome.
I found a pic recently with Lynda in a more modern WW outfit.

Why it didn't happen? Because it was different times and nobody was thinking long term results when it came to superheroes. The genre wasn't that big either.
I can imagine had there been the vision and foresight for a shared U. Trinity film back then; Reeve's Superman would have gotten the Keaton Batman style molded rubber costume update too, (similar to the Nick Cage concept outfit).
And Carter also some kind of rubber hybrid with the Xena look, which was about to come into vogue. (Ironically somewhat close to what Gadot ended up getting anyway) .

Last edited:
Smart to connect Supergirl even more to Reeve-verse and include Hackman's Lex.

How did you come up with the plot?

Well, I wanted it to feature Reeve's Superman in a big way given that he was originally going to appear in the first Supergirl film.

At the same time, I wanted to use Brainiac given his connections to Supergirl and Superman and Krypton. Even though his connections to Krypton came a couple decades later, I wanted to utilize it for this version very much like Superman The Animated Series , Smallville, and Krypton.

As far as the cold war stuff, I took a bit of the Superman 4: The Quest for Peace cold war aspect , and sort of brought to life what Reeve's Superman was afraid, of i.e., global nuclear destruction.

With Brainiac as the main baddie , and given his connection to technology , and computers, I wanted him to infest the launch code apparatus , a bit like the film War Games and the film Fail Safe. I was also inspired by the common Bond troupe of a villain who tries to start World War 3.

I also wanted to play into the idea of him basically doing all of this as an experiment, and a means of "testing" Kara for whom he's obsessed with , which was one of the many ideas in the original Salkinds Superman 3 script. So , there's a bit of the Joker vs Batman TDK aspect in it , accept there's not an ideological aspect to it like there was in TDK.

Since he collects species , he would find her fascinating, and would want to see how she reacts to pressures, obstacles, and challenges. So, he takes Superman off the chessboard right when the world needs Superman the most.

As a result, Brainiac basically forces Supergirl to the deep end of the pool with very little time for her to get oriented , and at a time she's probably not ready to face a challenge of this magnitude.

At the same time, Brainiac would a right hand that could act as a buffer to Supergirl and would and another obstruction to Supergirl's attempts to physically stop Brainiac. So he needed a right hand.

I wanted Supergirl to face a truly imposing physical threat that would have it's connections to her and to Krypton and Brainiac. I also wanted a female villain who represented the opposite side of the coin from Kara , hence, I went with Powergirl ,who was popular around the time this film would happen.

At first, I was trying to think of younger actresses who play the part ,but instead, I decided to go with an actress with more experience, presence, and charisma , but who could also do the physical rigors. That's why I went with Kathleen Turner who was also pretty popular at that point.

Powergirl raises the stakes even further for Kara since she's outmatched on a physical level and she faces an intellectual opponent in Brainiac who's constantly thinking two steps ahead of her. I got the Powergirl taking over FOS from the Supergirl CW show, but in that version another character had taken it over from what I remember.

Ultimately, I wanted Supergirl and the world to be in such a desperate state that she would have no choice but to team up with Lex Luthor who , through the information he attained from the FOS in Superman 2, is possibly the only person, aside from Superman, who could help crack Brainiac.

So the film would be almost like a right of passage for her. She starts out the story still a bit of the kid she was in the first film , dealing with smaller stakes.

By the end of the film, she's adult. She's a woman who's risen to the challenge , and against the odds, she prevails to become a truly global hero.

Last edited:
I've been kicking around my own ideas for reimagining the Reeve/Superman sequels. Besides the usual (more comic villains, more Donner, Chris in Supergirl, etc.), I got to thinking how I might bring the film series to a satisfying conclusion. I'm really leaning towards Kandor and Brainiac to tie it all together. Supergirl fits into that nicely, and in the end we could get the 80s version of Kandor and maybe even New Krypton, where Clark and Kara are no longer the last of their kind. Some potential for further adventures, but also a lovely spot to close the book.

Well, I wanted it to feature Reeve's Superman in a big way given that he was originally going to appear in the first Supergirl film.

At the same time, I wanted to use Brainiac given his connections to Supergirl and Superman and Krypton. Even though his connections to Krypton came a couple decades later, I wanted to utilize it for this version very much like Superman The Animated Series , Smallville, and Krypton.

As far as the cold war stuff, I took a bit of the Superman 4: The Quest for Peace cold war aspect , and sort of brought to life what Reeve's Superman was afraid, of i.e., global nuclear destruction.

With Brainiac as the main baddie , and given his connection to technology , and computers, I wanted him to infest the launch code apparatus , a bit like the film War Games and the film Fail Safe. I was also inspired by the common Bond troupe of a villain who tries to start World War 3.

I also wanted to play into the idea of him basically doing all of this as an experiment, and a means of "testing" Kara for whom he's obsessed with , which was one of the many ideas in the original Salkinds Superman 3 script. So , there's a bit of the Joker vs Batman TDK aspect in it , accept there's not an ideological aspect to it like there was in TDK.

Since he collects species , he would find her fascinating, and would want to see how she reacts to pressures, obstacles, and challenges. So, he takes Superman off the chessboard right when the world needs Superman the most.

As a result, Brainiac basically forces Supergirl to the deep end of the pool with very little time for her to get oriented , and at a time she's probably not ready to face a challenge of this magnitude.

At the same time, Brainiac would a right hand that could act as a buffer to Supergirl and would and another obstruction to Supergirl's attempts to physically stop Brainiac. So he needed a right hand.

I wanted Supergirl to face a truly imposing physical threat that would have it's connections to her and to Krypton and Brainiac. I also wanted a female villain who represented the opposite side of the coin from Kara , hence, I went with Powergirl ,who was popular around the time this film would happen.

At first, I was trying to think of younger actresses who play the part ,but instead, I decided to go with an actress with more experience, presence, and charisma , but who could also do the physical rigors. That's why I went with Kathleen Turner who was also pretty popular at that point.

Powergirl raises the stakes even further for Kara since she's outmatched on a physical level and she faces an intellectual opponent in Brainiac who's constantly thinking two steps ahead of her. I got the Powergirl taking over FOS from the Supergirl CW show, but in that version another character had taken it over from what I remember.

Ultimately, I wanted Supergirl and the world to be in such a desperate state that she would have no choice but to team up with Lex Luthor who , through the information he attained from the FOS in Superman 2, is possibly the only person, aside from Superman, who could help crack Brainiac.

So the film would be almost like a right of passage for her. She starts out the story still a bit of the kid she was in the first film , dealing with smaller stakes.

By the end of the film, she's adult. She's a woman who's risen to the challenge , and against the odds, she prevails to become a truly global hero.
1. Oh, I didn't know he was going to have a larger role in Supergirl

2. Why would Brainiac do all this stuff to test only Kara and not Kal-El? Because it's her movie?
Why would he think she's more fascinating than his male cousin? Why wont he give him a lot of challenges and obstacles too?
Is Superman supposed to be only a pawn on the chess board, and Kara is the real big thing?

3. Really cool that she's teaming up with with evil mastermind Lex to take on the otherwordly threat.
Will we get to se Brainiac taking over his body, as in the comics?

1. Oh, I didn't know he was going to have a larger role in Supergirl

2. Why would Brainiac do all this stuff to test only Kara and not Kal-El? Because it's her movie?
Why would he think she's more fascinating than his male cousin? Why wont he give him a lot of challenges and obstacles too?
Is Superman supposed to be only a pawn on the chess board, and Kara is the real big thing?

3. Really cool that she's teaming up with with evil mastermind Lex to take on the otherwordly threat.
Will we get to se Brainiac taking over his body, as in the comics?

Well in answer to 2 : The film is truly Supergirl's film ,with Superman being a supporting character who shows up in the middle, and helps her in the finale.

As far as testing goes, It's a fixation with Kara that he doesn't have with Kal El, in this version at least.

He already has her doppleganger in Powergirl , whom he's shaped, molded, and manipulated to obey him and to serve his needs from Powergirls childhood up to the present. However, Since Supergirl has become a public figure she has become his new obsession.

The way I would picture it happening is that , in a sense , he can't figure Kara out and in his mind, he can't classify or quantify her. Unlike Powergirl, who he feels he knows her ever thought, feeling, and whom he thinks he can predict how she would respond to stimuli, with Kara, he sees contradictions that he can't reconcile .

She's young, beautiful, powerful, good, loyal, kind, fierce when she needs to be, yet still naive. In a way, he thinks so little of other creatures, that he can't believe that something or someone can be all of those things at once. It's that basic lack of humanity and understanding of humanity that he almost considers a glitch.

So he's obsessed with her.

In alot of ways, there isn't a grand scheme in terms of destroying earth or killing Supergirl or Superman for that matter. It's a simple, and single minded focus, but its played out on an epic scale and using Superman and earthlings as pawns and collateral damage.

It's like he would be willing to risk the whole human species ,and whatever he could take from them, just to resolve the anomaly he considers Kara Danvers to be.

On Powergirl's end, she begins to feel a twisted sense of jealousy towards Supergirl, since Brainiac is the only friend, mentor figure she's known, and in a sense , she fears Brainiac will replace her with Kara, even though they are basically like sisters and have a shared past that she is unaware of.

So I picture the film being very much a eternal triangle with these three characters( Supergirl, Brainiac, and Powergirl) all locked in this conflict , with Lex trying to see all the angles and use them to his advantage.

As far as Superman goes, I imagine that Brainac somehow tricks, and captures Superman off screen and keeps him captive in one of the many tanks he collects creatures in, so in a sense he's like Han Solo in the carbonite in ESB.

So its the Superman Returns idea of him just vanishing out of the blue, except this time , he's not doing it purposefully. Lois begins to investigate and she's caught to.

Superman is a pawn in that sense. Braniac goal is to get him off the chessboard, otherwise he could stop Brainiac in his tracks. It takes him off the field and basically forces Kara to have to step into the vacuum because of the high stakes.

Superman would be off screen for at least the first act of the film and he we would see Superman and Lois in captivity in act two basically.

These events would be revealed and discovered by Kara as the film goes along , but the film would begin with these global tensions beginning to happen and people basically scrambling.

The crisis, basically forces Kara and Lucy to leave their High School and go to Metropolis to find Clark and Lois.

As far as Brainiac taking over Lex's body goes, I never thought of that, but I could see him trying to control Lex in the third act.

I could see him , as played by Jeremy Irons, being mostly in the humanoid form that he's been in Smallville and Krypton for most of the film , but I could also see taking some of his consciousness an attempting to download it into Lex.

Well in answer to 2 : The film is truly Supergirl's film ,with Superman being a supporting character who shows up in the middle, and helps her in the finale.

As far as testing goes, It's a fixation with Kara that he doesn't have with Kal El, in this version at least.

He already has her doppleganger in Powergirl , whom he's shaped, molded, and manipulated to obey him and to serve his needs from Powergirls childhood up to the present. However, Since Supergirl has become a public figure she has become his new obsession.

The way I would picture it happening is that , in a sense , he can't figure Kara out and in his mind, he can't classify or quantify her. Unlike Powergirl, who he feels he knows her ever thought, feeling, and whom he thinks he can predict how she would respond to stimuli, with Kara, he sees contradictions that he can't reconcile .

She's young, beautiful, powerful, good, loyal, kind, fierce when she needs to be, yet still naive. In a way, he thinks so little of other creatures, that he can't believe that something or someone can be all of those things at once. It's that basic lack of humanity and understanding of humanity that he almost considers a glitch.

So he's obsessed with her.

In alot of ways, there isn't a grand scheme in terms of destroying earth or killing Supergirl or Superman for that matter. It's a simple, and single minded focus, but its played out on an epic scale and using Superman and earthlings as pawns and collateral damage.

It's like he would be willing to risk the whole human species ,and whatever he could take from them, just to resolve the anomaly he considers Kara Danvers to be.

On Powergirl's end, she begins to feel a twisted sense of jealousy towards Supergirl, since Brainiac is the only friend, mentor figure she's known, and in a sense , she fears Brainiac will replace her with Kara, even though they are basically like sisters and have a shared past that she is unaware of.

So I picture the film being very much a eternal triangle with these three characters( Supergirl, Brainiac, and Powergirl) all locked in this conflict , with Lex trying to see all the angles and use them to his advantage.

As far as Superman goes, I imagine that Brainac somehow tricks, and captures Superman off screen and keeps him captive in one of the many tanks he collects creatures in, so in a sense he's like Han Solo in the carbonite in ESB.

So its the Superman Returns idea of him just vanishing out of the blue, except this time , he's not doing it purposefully. Lois begins to investigate and she's caught to.

Superman is a pawn in that sense. Braniac goal is to get him off the chessboard, otherwise he could stop Brainiac in his tracks. It takes him off the field and basically forces Kara to have to step into the vacuum because of the high stakes.

Superman would be off screen for at least the first act of the film and he we would see Superman and Lois in captivity in act two basically.

These events would be revealed and discovered by Kara as the film goes along , but the film would begin with these global tensions beginning to happen and people basically scrambling.

The crisis, basically forces Kara and Lucy to leave their High School and go to Metropolis to find Clark and Lois.

As far as Brainiac taking over Lex's body goes, I never thought of that, but I could see him trying to control Lex in the third act.

I could see him , as played by Jeremy Irons, being mostly in the humanoid form that he's been in Smallville and Krypton for most of the film , but I could also see taking some of his consciousness an attempting to download it into Lex.
I understand, but it's still very strange that he would't be obsessed with the big blue boy scout, the man of tomorrow, as well.
He's been around for longer in their world, and is sort of a messias figure to humans.
And this only because it's SUPERGIRL'S film, not his??!!
It would be more logical for Brianiac to have the most interest in him, and use Kara as a pawn (or as a bate) to weaken him mentally.

I've been kicking around my own ideas for reimagining the Reeve/Superman sequels. Besides the usual (more comic villains, more Donner, Chris in Supergirl, etc.), I got to thinking how I might bring the film series to a satisfying conclusion. I'm really leaning towards Kandor and Brainiac to tie it all together. Supergirl fits into that nicely, and in the end we could get the 80s version of Kandor and maybe even New Krypton, where Clark and Kara are no longer the last of their kind. Some potential for further adventures, but also a lovely spot to close the book.

I always thought a Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow would have made a great Reeve finale. WB could have then went full 90s with its reboot.

I understand, but it's still very strange that he would't be obsessed with the big blue boy scout, the man of tomorrow, as well.
He's been around for longer in their world, and is sort of a messias figure to humans.
And this only because it's SUPERGIRL'S film, not his??!!
It would be more logical for Brianiac to have the most interest in him, and use Kara as a pawn (or as a bate) to weaken him mentally.

Yeah, it's Supergirl's film, where in this universe, he hasn't been Superman's opponent for years. In this film, his Kara is his focus.

It's definitely not the comics take on Brainiac, though Supergirl is one of his opponents in the comics.

It's not the usual Brainiac motivation by any means. On the other hand, this is not the Brainiac of the comics in terms of what his goals for are.

In this film , Brainiac's obsession is Supergirl given who she is and his connection with Powegirl .
is pretty much on an obsessive on a stalker-ish level as opposed to the kind of dynamic he has with Kal El in the comics. He basically has these two women, who are connected more than they realize , and he wants to control both of them, in different ways.

So, it's not logical the sense of what Brainiac would normally do in the comics or other versions should do , but in alot of ways, in this film Brainiac is acting on a very different motivation, as opposed to a goal of world conquest or a goal of destroying Supergirl or Superman.

He's drawn to Supergirl on a very bass level, that even he won't acknowledge, but Power girl see's it, which is part of her resentment towards Supergirl.

This version of Brainiac being a of an Extraterrestrial than being a cold calculated machine or computer he is in Superman The Animated Series and other versions.

He's brilliant, He can be sadistic, but he's also has hubris and is arrogant. He's cunning, but not immune from that hubris proving to be a weak point . By all rights, he shouldn't be pre-occupied with Supergirl, but for all his hubris he's drawn to her . That presents a weakness that Kara can exploit.

In this film, he collects creatures, and he's selective about it, as opposed to wanting to take over the planet or bottle it as he has in other iterations. Human's to him are like ants , and are an afterthought , but he knows what they mean to Kara and Clark. So he seems them as leverage, at the very least ,to grab Kara's attention.

In his mind, they are just pawns to be used at his will and to be put at risk in order to see what Kara would do under different circumstances.

He see's Superman as a threat and an opponent who could stop his plans, which is why he needs him out of the way, but in this film, his focus, his attention , and his drive is Kara.

It's truly a demented , single minded focus , that this Brainiac has , which is in contrast to Kara's motivation of trying to save the planet basically yet being unprepared to take on such a task.

JUSTICE LEAGUE AND THE LEGION OF DOOM (1967)
Director : Terrance Young

2oiL.gif

Superman / Clark Kent : John Gavin

cab6b2c66352b28543df9525d856a84e.gif

Batman / Bruce Wayne : Clint Eastwood

tumblr_pzf7i5g3dW1wzvt9qo1_640.gifv

Wonder Woman / Diana Prince : Paula Prentiss

2998c4cd9e14134c4a3d253a884a46ce.gif

Green Lantern / Hal Jordon : Robert Conrad

2b50d91ddb9dc79176eac95f87a077c0.gif

The Flash/ Barry Allen : Michael Landon

tenor.gif

Aquaman/ Arthur Curry : William Shatner

KY61eJ.gif

Lex Luthor : Yul Brynner

e249565f9410d0b1e661cb6289ab28f2.gif

The Riddler : Robert Duvall

3DF6.gif

Cheetah : Anne Bancroft

1d9b7c2977adf82c67f69f558c66c93c.gif

Sinestro : Vincent Price

tumblr_pn8rfyOM1k1wltejzo1_500.gifv

Reverse Flash : Robert Shaw

tumblr_oo2gu0jo4x1rdfgw4o1_500.gifv

Black Manta : Sidney Poitier

5smv.gif

Lois Lane : Mary Tyler Moore

54gU.gif

Iris West : Janet Leigh

JUSTICE LEAGUE : PULP (1945)
Director : Howard Hawks

Not Exactly DC, though several of the characters have crossed over with DC characters over the decades.

source.gif
the-phantom-comic-lee-falk.jpg

The Phantom/ Kit Walker : Cary Grant

tumblr_oqybh0dJJK1txwnz8o1_500.gif
250px-The_Shadow_%28character%29.jpg

The Shadow / Lamont Cranston : Orson Wells

IzXi.gif

The Green Hornet / Brit Reed : Humprey Bogart

tumblr_py2zrbpO6e1w3lgwco4_r1_400.gifv

Kato_%28The_Green_Hornet_character%29.jpg

Kato : Keye Luke

giphy.gif

1565.jpg

The Spirit/ Dennis Colt : Gary Cooper

8670c5c928bfe8858b6cc4ad0af2df1c.gif

dick_tracy_0120.jpg

Dick Tracy : Clark Gable

ISzASe7jnt7IpP41R2B0oQVAuE_QxG9I3XC6sy6RiJFKWq2Kf_CEvM5CNff2Vdqx4FOiXnI6nFdGe9wzXq5YXkAsWbCMWGqB9r7lriVkVL6RUw

Zorro_%28Diego_de_la_Vega%29.jpg

Zorro/ Don Diego De La Vega : Douglas Fairbanks

JUSTICE LEAGUE 3 : WRAITH OF THE NEW GODS (1971)
Director : Terrance Young

tumblr_n3g43sTFmf1r47flwo1_250.gifv

Superman/ Clark Kent : John Gavin

AjarIdioticBluejay-small.gif

Batman/ Bruce Wayne : Clint Eastwood

tenor.gif

Wonder Woman/ Diana Prince : Paula Prentiss

975ec0d72fbdabc8a86d04c82c335ff0.gif

Green Lantern/ Hal Jordon : Robert Conrad

200.gif

The Flash/ Barry Allen : Michael Landon

2x4A.gif

Green Arrow/ Oliver Queen : Steve McQueen

tumblr_nfgfjwnfAJ1r8tbbto5_400.gif

Aquaman/ Arthur Curry : William Shatner

tenor.gif

Granny Goodness : Shelly Winters

FT9i.gif

Darkseid Body : Ted Cassidy

3a7adc3d90e774a87fb63eddb3c58d5c8a671b3a.gifv

Darkseid's Voice actor : Charles Gray

tumblr_n1xwonc0Ad1qedb29o1_500.gif

Kalibak: Charles Bronson

tenor.gif

DeSaad : Roddy McDowell

2036a7f35cd2c003a679176ebb9c7575.gif

Steppenwolf : Charlton Heston

Yeah, it's Supergirl's film, where in this universe, he hasn't been Superman's opponent for years. In this film, his Kara is his focus.

It's definitely not the comics take on Brainiac, though Supergirl is one of his opponents in the comics.

It's not the usual Brainiac motivation by any means. On the other hand, this is not the Brainiac of the comics in terms of what his goals for are.

In this film , Brainiac's obsession is Supergirl given who she is and his connection with Powegirl .
is pretty much on an obsessive on a stalker-ish level as opposed to the kind of dynamic he has with Kal El in the comics. He basically has these two women, who are connected more than they realize , and he wants to control both of them, in different ways.

So, it's not logical the sense of what Brainiac would normally do in the comics or other versions should do , but in alot of ways, in this film Brainiac is acting on a very different motivation, as opposed to a goal of world conquest or a goal of destroying Supergirl or Superman.

He's drawn to Supergirl on a very bass level, that even he won't acknowledge, but Power girl see's it, which is part of her resentment towards Supergirl.

This version of Brainiac being a of an Extraterrestrial than being a cold calculated machine or computer he is in Superman The Animated Series and other versions.

He's brilliant, He can be sadistic, but he's also has hubris and is arrogant. He's cunning, but not immune from that hubris proving to be a weak point . By all rights, he shouldn't be pre-occupied with Supergirl, but for all his hubris he's drawn to her . That presents a weakness that Kara can exploit.

In this film, he collects creatures, and he's selective about it, as opposed to wanting to take over the planet or bottle it as he has in other iterations. Human's to him are like ants , and are an afterthought , but he knows what they mean to Kara and Clark. So he seems them as leverage, at the very least ,to grab Kara's attention.

In his mind, they are just pawns to be used at his will and to be put at risk in order to see what Kara would do under different circumstances.

He see's Superman as a threat and an opponent who could stop his plans, which is why he needs him out of the way, but in this film, his focus, his attention , and his drive is Kara.

It's truly a demented , single minded focus , that this Brainiac has , which is in contrast to Kara's motivation of trying to save the planet basically yet being unprepared to take on such a task.

You have really thougt this through :)
It's worth admiration.
Why don't you try to be a writer? :)

And by the way, your suggestion for Aquaman - William Shatner - is something of its own.
In a good way :)
I think also Roger Moore could have nailed some aspects of the character, by 1977-79.

You have really thougt this through :)
It's worth admiration.
Why don't you try to be a writer? :)

And by the way, your suggestion for Aquaman - William Shatner - is something of its own.
In a good way :)
I think also Roger Moore could have nailed some aspects of the character, by 1977-79.

Thanks for the compliment. I can come up with ideas and concepts in my head , but in terms of doing the hands on work of page by page, chapter by chapter writing no, I can't do that. Lol.

I couldn't write a script even though I could come up with a premise or a pitch. If I had to write scripts to all my fan casting , I'd be done for. :funny:

I tip my hat to people who can do that. That takes alot of dedication ,and being able to shift course and start all over if an idea doesn't work, or if another idea takes the story in a better direction.

With Shatner as Aquaman, I had to get pass all the years of having his persona as Kirk and his self deprecating persona today and put myself in the mindset of a casting director in the 60s who would only know Shatner from Star Trek and maybe the Twilight Zone.

Roger Moore would also have been good as well. Sean Connery crossed my mind at one point as well.

Batgirl-logo-symbol.png

BATGIRL (1989)
Director : Nora Ephron
Producer : Steven Spielberg

FewParallelHusky-small.gif
lana.gif

Batgirl / Barbara Gordon : Robyn Lively

tenor.gif

James Gordon : Tom Skeritt

39f07484ab5e43c379681921da270773--lonesome-dove-sissy-spacek.jpg

Barbara Eileen Gordon : Sissy Spacek

6132-576a.jpg

Sarah Essen : Ellen Barkin

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f792d61316a6437734779683057773d3d2d3732323230343538352e313539373465303864373065353163323238373832303936383039302e676966

Robin/ Dick Grayson : Ethan Hawke

urCCj9I.gif

Alfred Pennyworth : Jeremy Brett

HkoD.gif

Killer Moth: Michael Biehn

game-over-man-gif-1.gif

Fire Fly : Bill Paxton

RewardingBewitchedDachshund-max-1mb.gif

Renee Montoya: Rachel Ticotin

Special Guest Appearances

tumblr_mzi348TdmS1rhk994o1_500.gif

Batman/ Bruce Wayne : Alec Baldwin

22c5qrO.gif

The Joker : Tim Curry

Curry, Baldwin and Jeremy Brett are worth an extra golden star there :)

Thanks. I think Curry was considered for Joker during the Batman 89 casting period, and I know he tried out for Joker with BTAS, but the producers felt he was too scary:funny:.

Baldwin is another actor, like Kevin Costner , Kurt Russell, or Mel Gibson, who I think would have made a great Batman in their own right in the late 80s through 90s.

As for Brett, I really liked his Sherlock Holmes, and I feel he could have the perfect blend of wisdom, humor, and slyness to play the man who raised Bruce Wayne.

I could totally see him as being a former British intelligence/Military type of Alfred. He was considered for Bond during the 60s and 70s I think.

All right, my turn to get in on this...

Green Lantern (2011)
Dir: Patty Jenkins

A few years after her big break with Monster, Jenkins had been approached by former test pilot Chuck Yeager to develop a film about his life, due largely to Jenkins’ father, who served as a fighter pilot in the Vietnam war. Although it never came to fruition, her work on the project drew the attention of Greg Berlanti and the other producers, who had been trying to find the right angle to bring the expansive Green Lantern mythos to the big screen.

The script faces heavy rewrites throughout production, with much of the comic lore being shed to streamline the origin story for feature-length; Jenkins nixes the idea of including Parallax in the finale to instead focus on a more Earth-bound story.

Chris Pine, fresh off of playing Captain Kirk in JJ Abrams Star Trek is initially wary about committing to another tentpole franchise but finds a great artistic collaborator in Jenkins.

chris-pine-no-green-lantern.jpg

Chris Pine as Hal Jordan

moghanfbmain1.jpg

Michelle Monaghan as Carol Ferris

3524_big.jpg

Mark Strong as Sinistro

images

Temuera Morrison as Abin Sur

649b0fa6286de109ce218e4b200025aba2e47bb5.jpg

Viola Davis as Amanda Waller

Scoot-McNairy.jpg

Scoot McNairy as Hector Hammond

tomar_re-rush.jpg

Geoffrey Rush as Tomar-Re (voice)

LAbqbWM9nNIHV-glykzQ8C-csbONT5OTHXWu7uOi525orIBP9lGjOUMlzPNqrhnKlQK314Bawu2V23wvUtY0dY_YhbTaZ75sE7qx_8XNWa-P1UMKMT4ZGQUu0NopUUBofUvDqZ5e0dX2EQpxfbNuSjPAFggSnDFp

Kevin Grevioux as Kilowag (voice & mo-cap)
(He could also work on the script)

halo-nightfall-21jul2014-1.0.jpg

Mike Colter as John Stewart (cameo)

castle_season6_fillion.jpg

Nathan Fillion as Martin Jordan

Last edited:
All right, my turn to get in on this...
Green Lantern (2011)
Dir: Patty Jenkins

A few years after her big break with Monster, Jenkins had been approached by former test pilot Chuck Yeager to develop a film about his life, due largely to Jenkins’ father, who served as a fighter pilot in the Vietnam war. Although it never came to fruition, her work on the project drew the attention of Greg Berlanti and the other producers, who had been trying to find the right angle to bring the expansive Green Lantern mythos to the big screen.

The script faces heavy rewrites throughout production, with much of the comic lore being shed to streamline the origin story for feature-length; Jenkins nixes the idea of including Parallax in the finale to instead focus on a more Earth-bound story.

Chris Pine, fresh off of playing Captain Kirk in JJ Abrams Star Trek is initially wary about committing to another tentpole franchise but finds a great artistic collaborator in Jenkins.

chris-pine-no-green-lantern.jpg

Chris Pine as Hal Jordan

moghanfbmain1.jpg

Michelle Monaghan as Carol Ferris

3524_big.jpg

Mark Strong as Sinistro

images

Temuera Morrison as Abin Sur

649b0fa6286de109ce218e4b200025aba2e47bb5.jpg

Viola Davis as Amanda Waller

Scoot-McNairy.jpg

Scoot McNairy as Hector Hammond

tomar_re-rush.jpg

Geoffrey Rush as Tomar-Re (voice)

LAbqbWM9nNIHV-glykzQ8C-csbONT5OTHXWu7uOi525orIBP9lGjOUMlzPNqrhnKlQK314Bawu2V23wvUtY0dY_YhbTaZ75sE7qx_8XNWa-P1UMKMT4ZGQUu0NopUUBofUvDqZ5e0dX2EQpxfbNuSjPAFggSnDFp

Kevin Grevioux as Kilowag (voice & mo-cap)
(He could also work on the script)

halo-nightfall-21jul2014-1.0.jpg

Mike Colter as John Stewart (cameo)

castle_season6_fillion.jpg

Nathan Fillion as Martin Jordan

What?! It's 2011 and you threw away Fillion for the lead? :csad:

JUSTICE LEAGUE : PULP (1945)
Director : Howard Hawks

Not Exactly DC, though several of the characters have crossed over with DC characters over the decades.

source.gif
the-phantom-comic-lee-falk.jpg

The Phantom/ Kit Walker : Cary Grant

tumblr_oqybh0dJJK1txwnz8o1_500.gif
250px-The_Shadow_%28character%29.jpg

The Shadow / Lamont Cranston : Orson Wells

IzXi.gif

The Green Hornet / Brit Reed : Humprey Bogart

tumblr_py2zrbpO6e1w3lgwco4_r1_400.gifv

Kato_%28The_Green_Hornet_character%29.jpg

Kato : Keye Luke

giphy.gif

1565.jpg

The Spirit/ Dennis Colt : Gary Cooper

8670c5c928bfe8858b6cc4ad0af2df1c.gif

dick_tracy_0120.jpg

Dick Tracy : Clark Gable

ISzASe7jnt7IpP41R2B0oQVAuE_QxG9I3XC6sy6RiJFKWq2Kf_CEvM5CNff2Vdqx4FOiXnI6nFdGe9wzXq5YXkAsWbCMWGqB9r7lriVkVL6RUw

Zorro_%28Diego_de_la_Vega%29.jpg

Zorro/ Don Diego De La Vega : Douglas Fairbanks

Nice. It's got Phantom and Zorro :)

I miss Mandrake though. Did you forget him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"