Dividing DC TV/films of the past into universes

danlav05

Civilian
Reaction score
Here's a little something fun I've thought about, now we have the Arrowverse and DC Extended Universe, how would it work with the past DC properties?

I've seen pieces of fan art that already show this, some are very convincing. here's my take

The Serialverse

Superman (Kirk Alyn); Batman (Lewis Wilson/Robert Lowry); Captain Marvel (Tom Tyler)

40s Animated Universe

Fleischer cartoons + Justice League The New Frontier

Retroverse

Superman (George Reeves); Batman (Adam West); Captain Marvel (Jackson Beck [also played by Garrett Craig]) JL in Legends of the Superheroes

Hanna-Barbera Universe

The New Adventures of Superman/Batman; Super Friends; Scooby-Doo

Donner-Burtonverse

Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh (?) (Superman); Batman (Michael Keaton); Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter); John Wesley Shipp (The Flash)
NOTE: We have Earth-90 now and Lynda Carter's WW apeared in a comic with batman 66 but this is how I've always imagined it

QUESTION: are Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney playing the same Batman or not? The two visions are fused in the OnStar commericals with Bruce Thomas!

Lois & Clark

Dean Cain as Superman, may include Shaq's Steel and Schumacher's Batman if he's a different guy to Burton's

DC Animated Universe

Hard work done for us, thx

Smallville-Nolanverse

Superman (Tom Welling [eventually]); Batman (Christian bale); Wonder Woman (Adrianne Palicki
from the 2011 pilot)

The Batman, Brave and the Bold and Justice League action show various heroes together and there Arrowverse and DC Extended Universes are fairly obvious; and the DC Streaming Universe is a Work In Progress. There's also the DTV Movies, plus stuff like the 80s Superboy I haven't placed

QUESTION: are Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney playing the same Batman or not?
That question gets asked a lot. I saw all four movies at the cinema as they first came out, and I had no problem with Kilmer's Batman being the same guy as Keaton's; but Clooney's just didn't fit (it didn't help that I loathed B&R from the outset and I'd have done just about anything to keep it from being connected to the others :funny:). So in my universe Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever are a series. Batman & Robin doesn't exist.

That question gets asked a lot. I saw all four movies at the cinema as they first came out, and I had no problem with Kilmer's Batman being the same guy as Keaton's; but Clooney's just didn't fit (it didn't help that I loathed B&R from the outset and I'd have done just about anything to keep it from being connected to the others :funny:). So in my universe Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever are a series. Batman & Robin doesn't exist.

Well B&R is just....

an extended toy commercial!? Ironically a few years later we got these, a mix between Burton and Schumacher's worlds - but still better than B&R:

Last edited:
The 'ideal' bind of universe for me would be Reeve as Superman, Carter as WW and Keaton's Batman as the Trinity.

Well B&R is just....

an extended toy commercial!? Ironically a few years later we got these, a mix between Burton and Schumacher's worlds - but still better than B&R:

I've never seen those ads before! We didn't have them here in the UK - thanks for posting! :up:

Edit: Bruce Thomas (interesting couple of names in the circumstances :yay:) made a pretty good Batman. I wouldn't have minded seeing him do a movie.

I've never seen those ads before! We didn't have them here in the UK - thanks for posting! :up:

Edit: Bruce Thomas (interesting couple of names in the circumstances :yay:) made a pretty good Batman. I wouldn't have minded seeing him do a movie.

I'M in the UK!! You're welcome, Only seen them online.

ALSO

Last edited:
Vaguely! It's a pretty faithful recreation of the show :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"