Negativity towards the DC films?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that the Batman warehouse scene is probably the best Batman action sequence in cinema. Even with the murdering.

The Batman warehouse scene was pretty much the only standout action sequence of the whole film.

Eh, wait until the movie comes out on DVD and fans can "gif" every punch and kick. Then it won't look so impressive.

I watched a cam quality video on youtube yesterday. The punches are so real, I replay that moment like a maniac. Of course I haven't watched it in slo mo, you might pick something up, but it is supposed to be seen in full speed. You simply cannot compare the fake punches from other flicks to this movie. I am thinking some of TDKT scenes. lol

Last edited:
I watched a cam quality video on youtube yesterday. The punches are so real, I replay that moment like a maniac. Of course I haven't watched it in slo mo, you might pick something up, but it is supposed to be seen in full speed. You simply cannot compare the fake punches from other flicks to this movie. I am thinking some of TDKT scenes. lol

Yeah, imagine how much more AWESOME the Dark Knight trilogy would have been with Zack Snyder directing it.

Yeah that sarcasm isn't very effective especially since I am just talking about fight sequences.

Yeah that sarcasm isn't very effective especially since I am just talking about fight sequences.

It's hard to take your posts seriously when you throw shade at better movies or movies you haven't even seen.

It's hard to take your posts seriously when you throw shade at better movies or movies you haven't even seen.

So not liking the fight sequences, just one of MANY aspects of a film means I am throwing a shade at the whole movie? Hhmm. You don't know me much on these forums, but I have never bashed a film. I merely point out some of the things I don't like. Some things one movie does better than the other.

I loved the TDKT, but not for the fight sequences. And I am not attacking Civil War. I haven't seen it yet and I am super excited for it despite feeling a little indifferent to Black Panther's some range of motion in the clips.

Last edited:
Okay, well, to be fair, the trailers don't really do BP justice. His action scenes in the movie look fantastic.

Boseman nailed the hurt, the rage, more than Affleck. And I think Ben did a good job with that as Bruce. But Black Panthers anger was justified. Bruce had no business trying to kill a Superman who didn't show clear signs of being evil.

Okay, well, to be fair, the trailers don't really do BP justice. His action scenes in the movie look fantastic.

Great. :up:

Black Panther is perhaps my most anticipated superhero in that film. Far more than Spidey ever was. So you could imagine a little bit of frustration on my part if he doesn't completely blow me away. But what you said is what I am hoping for, if the clips don't do him justice as far as fighting goes, then brilliant!

The warehouse scene is great if I only pay attention to the hits, the way he moves. He's still shooting at people, stabbing people and making a ruckus when the KGBeast could very well put a bullet in Martha's head in two seconds flat.....while batman takes 3 minutes to f**k up the thugs in the other room. Which is why it's a stupid move for Superman to put his mothers life in the hands of Batman. Supes can take care of the problem quicker.

Plus, I still can't get over the beginning of that scene where he shoots down people on the street, while Alfred acts like it's a classic Batman move.

I prefer the Prewitt building scene over the warehouse scene in terms of cinematic batman asskickery. Slow choreography and all.

Great. :up:

Black Panther is perhaps my most anticipated superhero in that film. Far more than Spidey ever was. So you could imagine a little bit of frustration on my part if he doesn't completely blow me away. But what you said is what I am hoping for, if the clips don't do him justice as far as fighting goes, then brilliant!

Yeah, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that his first action sequence had people in my theater cheering and clapping. And Boseman also nails all the dramatic sequences as well. His screentime is limited but his motivations are clear and you really feel for him. I can't wait for the BP solo film. Give that to me NOW, haha.

The warehouse scene is great if I only pay attention to the hits, the way he moves. He's still shooting at people, stabbing people and making a ruckus when the KGBeast could very well put a bullet in Martha's head in two seconds flat.....while batman takes 3 minutes to f**k up the thugs in the other room. Which is why it's a stupid move for Superman to put his mothers life in the hands of Batman. Supes can take care of the problem quicker.

Plus, I still can't get over the beginning of that scene where he shoots down people on the street, while Alfred acts like it's a classic Batman move.

I thought everything was flawless classic batman from the point when he jumps in through the window from his batwing to the point when he breaks the wall to grab the guy with the giant gun.

You might point to that brief moment where he redirects the gun fire at other guys, but think about it, he's Batman, if he wants them dead, they'd get shot. Instead he took them down either using his fist/kicks or the grappling gun. The Knife stab? Well, he already has his batarangs for that. Those operate on similar principles.

Yeah, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that his first action sequence had people in my theater cheering and clapping. And Boseman also nails all the dramatic sequences as well. His screentime is limited but his motivations are clear and you really feel for him. I can't wait for the BP solo film. Give that to me NOW, haha.
I don't doubt Boseman, I absolutely loved him the Baseball flick "42".

Yeah, 42 was excellent. Still need to see his James Brown biopic.

I thought everything was flawless classic batman from the point when he jumps in through the window from his batwing to the point when he breaks the wall to grab the guy with the giant gun.

You might point to that brief moment where he redirects the gun fire at other guys, but think about it, he's Batman, if he wants them dead, they'd get shot. Instead he took them down either using his fist/kicks or the grappling gun. The Knife stab? Well, he already has his batarangs for that. Those operate on similar principles.

I don't doubt Boseman, I absolutely loved him the Baseball flick "42".
No. He shot at their heads because he knew they would duck? That's a terrible defense on your part lol! He aimed at them so they would die. It didn't happen.

I prefer the Prewitt building scene over the warehouse scene in terms of cinematic batman asskickery. Slow choreography and all.

Yeah I think it's tough to compare, Bats uses a lot more brains and restraint in TDK ( he only really kills Harvey Dent directly, and to stop Dent shooting a child in the head) the sonar sequences is still absolutely magical , probably the definitive Batman action scene - and it has a structure to it whereas the warehouse scene , although spectacular, is more just a sequence of punching people - the gadget use is cut a little too fast to really be enjoyed.

Nolan made a conscious choice to avoid spectacular moves in TDK - whereas Snyder is going for something different.

I enjoyed the warehouse fight, and I accept a different, and far more brutal version of Batman. However, Batman actually planning to murder Superman is a step too far - even Miller's Dark Knight doesn't cross that line. That's where Snyder's Batman really falls apart.

No. He shot at their heads because he knew they would duck? That's a terrible defense on your part lol! He aimed at them so they would die. It didn't happen.

That didn't happen? Are you hearing yourself?

He uses a goddamn batarang to disable a gun. He's that precise. Don't tell me Batman never trained in using a gun. He uses the grappling gun masterfully.

He was clearly trying to force them to the floor to gain a tactical advantage.

He was clearly trying to force them to the floor to gain a tactical advantage.

That didn't happen? Are you hearing yourself?

He uses a goddamn batarang to disable a gun. He's that precise. Don't tell me Batman never trained in using a gun. He uses the grappling gun masterfully.

Just going to voice my support for these two points. Exactly what I'd say.

I do think by now Zack Snyder's name has become synonymous with "style over substance", "needlessly dark/gritty", "to much CGI", "trying to hard to be deep", etc.

I'm seeing his name used almost like a criticism whenever a movie comes out that hits some of those beats.

Just when you think it can't get any worse.

It got much worse today amidst a tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"